User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CORSAT Discussion Thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CORSAT Discussion Thread

So, we got the map the map thats been on the wiki for a while added into the game. CORSAT, a W-Y research facility with biodomes containing minature version of ICE, LV, Big Red, and one that is just infested by beanos. Around these biodomes lots of security checkpoints that can be activated/deactivated via APCs, prison style lockdown points that open up after awhile, teleporters (that i'm still not sure how it works), and a monorail that queen can use to create a risky north flank for LZs.

Station looks very nice with the white flooring and walls as opposed to the regular gray/dark grey were used too.
    Gameplay wise, it seems very intresting but I see an issue again where Hive is only in one location. Again (Biodome Omega) or at least around that vicinity. Lots of weapons for survs presuming they know how to hack open lockdowns making it slightly better then the endless HGs and UPP weapons that can be found scattered on Sorokyene.
    LZ's seem, annoying to make an FOB due to how many openings there are. Getting slight flashbacks to Prison LZ2 FOBs.
    Lastly it's a bit... big I guess. Most of the station I feel won't be used.

All in all, cool map.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got to drop an OB on myself while defending the north Gamma airlock and gib 7 xenos 10/10 map.

But really, I think it's a pretty well put together map. There's no established meta yet and it seems like there are tons of flank routes, so I think it will be fun to see different types of gameplay emerge. Maybe setting up a FOB on the teleporters instead of right on the LZ, or holding the airlocks of the domes to prevent xenos/marines from getting through them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a chance to play as a SO during a test so I could watch different perspectives throughout the round via helmet cams.

I think the map has a lot of potential for different setups but at the end of the day will be rarely fully utilized by the Marines due to the lack of XO/CO's that actually take the time to make a plan. This map is actually great for tactical officers and those that like to lay out a plan ahead of time, even if it's just some quickly made paint with a few color'd lines and specific orders.

Also the TC seem to be screwed over, really doesn't make a lot of sense why TC is even on CORSAT imo.. too many unbreakable walls for the marines to push the tank through, might as well just park it near an entrance/exit and turn it into a big gate. Maybe a few map edits will fix this in the future or maybe Marines will need to highly focus on lifting certain lock downs simply so the tank can get around.

I think 'engineer' type players will be highly valued compared to any other map as we learn more things about CORSAT, there appears to be a lot of little things to do scattered throughout the map that we don't know about quite yet.

Not sure how it is from the Xeno point of view but I know that the Marines were confused as all hell as to where the nest was at one point because "GAMMA" is like 30% of the map and it appears to very maneuverable. Didn't help that command announcements were broken that round too but still.

All in all have high hopes and can't wait to play it more often in the coming days/weeks.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing that really needs to be done is to remove all the shitty reinforced metal roofing on the half of the map that xenos are actually in.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely enjoying the new map and all the little items for marines to find, hopefully this becomes a common theme.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    atleast there isnt a fucking snow storm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played my first round as a marine on CORSAT with Juro as the CO, one thing I can say for sure is that this is a map where you really can't do a dual deployment or split the marines up too much.

I really like it though, and once the APC becomes a thing we'll see some interesting rounds involving that.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fun, interesting map. Its design lends itself to actually workable battles that aren't just super tight chokes with 80 people and only 2 can fire at a time without massive FF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love it, the themes of each domes, the visuals specially, new sprites looks neat and has this corporate-laboratory-research lab feel, a clean looking station in contrast to black weeded filled with miasma beno territory. The hallways can feel very claustrophobic like Prison station with everyone pushing everyone around though, maybe more airlocks/door could be opened by marines with the bayo or have no ID lock so you can quickly find another way in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In many ways I consider it like an early 'The Simpsons' clip show. You'd think it was just all the stuff you've already seen shoved into one episode but instead they show a bunch of new content and change the old stuff up to make it interesting, as if it isn't half recycled assets at all.

8/10 map due to my ~personal feelings~ about map sizing & no huge industrial-colony map yet, cmooon that was the coolest part of alienĀ³

edit: rating bumped to 9/10 because the monorail actually effin works!!!
    Last edited by davidofmk771; 01-12-2020 at 10:49 PM. Reason: monorail!