User Tag List

Thread: Survivors as consultants in the SOP

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Survivors as consultants in the SOP

Basically as a SL I hate survivors messing with my MD. I also understand them not wanting to go shipside due to losing their guns and being hassled by MPs and being stuck shipside. SOP paragraph that deals with this is as follows:
    Marines are encouraged to peacefully recover any third party personnel found in an area of operations and offer them refuge within their ship. All personnel recovered from a combat zone must be searched on arrival and their weapons and unauthorized items secured within the Brig. They may keep their clothes and tools, provided they are not used for criminal purposes. They must also be provided with adequate medical care and sustenance. Civilian personnel recovered may be given a temporary junior position in a department should their qualifications allow for it as outlined in Employment procedure, but may not be conscripted into the USCM on-site.

Third Party Military or Paramilitary forces may be allowed to keep their weaponry, provided their presence is beneficial to the operation.
    I propose an amendment allowing for civilians planetside to be deployed\stay deployed as consultants on the xenomorph threat. Sort of like Ripley. Basically give command some RP way to let survivor UNGA while having a proper ID and position.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Survivors can be given junior command positions and aren't required to stay on the Almayer if they come to it, however, if they plan on staying it's likely they'll have their weapons confiscated unless the alert level permits them to have them, but that all really depends on how the MPs/CO wants to handle it. MPs aren't obligated to harass survivors who come to the Almayer and the CO is permitted to adjust the SOP (even though it doesn't really need adjustment) to allow them to do these things if they want to.

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Command is just too busy usually to deal with survs. I just want a quick "he's a consulant whatever" option.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1, "winning" as a survivor usually feels like a punishment. Most marines treat you like shit, then MPs rob you of all your gear, and then if you're lucky you get to afk in R&R the rest of the round. Obviously there are other options but you aren't always guaranteed to be able to redeploy without getting killed by turrets, it's an exercise in frustration.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The biggest issue here is MPs not doing ID properly.
    Almayer identification option needs to be on this stops MD stops turrets and allows IFF.
    Accept the civilian position. Forget being set to a squad command is too buzzy I try everytime it is requested but usually it's a no from them. As a civy just go to the FOB loot bursted marines get geared and help. A armor and helm usually is enough to be ignored. If someone talks just lie about it. "You where allowed to help but they fucked ID but MD IFF etc won't be fucked"
    If they still send you up again remain buckled in the DS. Since ID is now passenger for example you don't show as a big? For the MP so he will not find you heh.

As a prisoner from pstation. Admit a minor crime theft. You stole some corporate goons car for humping you girl.
    Or admit nothing. Both cases argue legality by marine law about keeping you permanently detained.

It can work. Or get rid of uniform and ID. And just RP you got out of bath and hid in a locker kek

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ID systems need to be seriously overhauled in general. It simply isn't an intuitive process to give survivors IFF and many players who play command/MP roles can't even figure it out in my experience (including me at points). It would make this whole 'Consultant' system and survivor as a role work a lot better.