Your Character Name?
    Brandon 'Colgate' Ruiz
    Their BYOND Key
    KingPhilipIII
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    10:40 AM EST 01/11/2020
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Remain Professional, no matter what happens
    - Constantly stay cool. Regardless of what a player says to you do not act unprofessional and get angry with them.
    - This also applies to the forums. Retain some level of professionalism when posting in player reports or ban appeals.
    - Do not release information from the staff chat to the public. EVER.
    Description of the incident
    Ok so basically me and a survivor kill a queen who traps themselves and gets bodyblocked to death by a crusher. After dying the queen who was Kingphillip just starts ranting in dchat and being super frustrated because of how DCHAT was reacting to the whole funny situation. I say a usual common meme as others are saying this "xenos mad x24" then Kingphillip threatens to ban me in dchat just for saying this. Then he continues on so I'm not even being toxic at this point I'm just shitposting bro and just constantly saying xenos mad x24 and queen clapped as many others are lol. But somehow they have something out for me when its just a game?? They showed literally zero professionalism as a moderator by just dying and complaining and ranting and even threatening me in dchat to ban me so yeah I'm gonna keep shitposting because the fact that a man child is this mad over dying over the game to threaten to ban you it is pretty hilarious you cannot lie. Also they insist they don't care but then they start pming me saying "seriously stop" only to me mind you this is a situation that they're also involved in and I'm 100 percent sure this isn't allowed at all unless its extreme circumstances and also the complete lack of respect he had for a t-mod when the t mod gave them advice on how to not be bodyblocked they came off as super aggresive and i actually feel bad that tmod had to deal with that unprofessional coming from a dude who they're supposed to be working with.
    All in all this was the most unprofessional I've seen a mod been since that one Trial mod back when Imperator Titan was the mod manager who would talk down on people who would ahelp for a simple thing.
    EvidenceHow you would punish the accused
    Up to Jamie I'm assuming since he would be the acting mod manager unless it goes to Grimcad. I just seriously cannot understand the lack of professionalism and the toxicity that that poor Trial moderator who was only giving helpful advice to Kingphillip be snapped on for no reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You really made a report over this? Alright.

Your first screenshot? Out of context. A literal joke. We have mods and administrators that joke about ERP and abusing their power all the time. I regularly threaten to ban the entire playerbase or all the marines just for existing or for killing me as a joke because I'm obviously not going to do so. With no mod manager I like to joke about the mods rising up and shaking off the shackles of the managers, and that's all it is. Jokes. Your second one? My tone might be a bit sharp, but my point stands and I didn't say anything grotesquely offensive. I don't mind losing, I just dislike(I'm allowed to have feelings.) losing to players who will spam 'XENOS MAD LMFAO MARINE MAJOR' for the rest of the match because they killed me because I find it obnoxious.

To start off with, yes my initial response to PirateSphee was a little snappy. Later in Msay, I even said him that I didn't intend for it to come off as hostile, as I was under the impression he knew I was the Queen and was just poking fun. It was meant to be an msay message to begin with.

Second, I'm allowed to engage with the playerbase and go back and forth. I always measure my tone and while I can get a bit heated, I always remain civil. Simply because I'm part of the staff doesn't mean I'm not allowed to respond to trashtalking and taunts so long as I do not misrepresent the staff team, which my conduct hardly does.

Third. I pm'd you and asked if you would tone it down. Audi you have a very well known reputation for being rude (I'm putting that gently) and mean to other players, and I would like to share with you the very same thing I said to you. "I didn't leave any notes or take any administrative action. I'm allowed to ask you to tone it down". The reason I used a PM instead of dsay or normal ghost chat was just because I wanted to take it out of the public gaze and say I didn't appreciate the ribbing because a lot of people react differently in private contexts compared to public ones. "Hurr durr mod's feelings are hurt". Where did I threaten to ban you from dchat?

If you insist on bringing it into the public, I'll say it here. You and I were never friends. We were coworkers at the most when you were part of the staff team. I consider Avalanchee more of my friend than you, and pretty much all he and I do is make fun of each other. Consequently, my tolerance for fun poking is considerably lower coming from you than from even some random person salting about how much of a retard I am because I didn't heal them in the five seconds before them shouting for it and then being shotgunned. I'm under no obligation to sit there and let you make fun of me, my profession, or anything else without being allowed to say something. I can't smack you for a rule infraction until it reaches a certain point, but I can still make an appeal to you as a person and say 'hey I don't appreciate that' and ask you to stop.

You accuse me of toxicity which is hilarious coming from you of all players. Yes I take my job very casually. I like to crack jokes and issue empty threats about permabanning players over nonexistent crimes. You know what their response always is? "DO IT NERD YOU WON'T" because they know it's a joke. To those who don't know me maybe I come off as someone who abuses my position, but you're an old player and I know you're more aware.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will pull the logs later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Missed a couple logs where he made personal jabs, like the one about me being in ROTC.

And if those are the recovered ones, I picked out his name from the barrage of general marine tomfoolery at the Queen's death, so moving forward it's probably better not to engage deadchat in general.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I went through the logs and had a chat with Philip about the incident. As far as the PirateSphee part goes, the logs indicated it was obviously a joke which got misinterpreted, which Philip cleared up later. What did concern me was the use of staff tools to try and resolve a matter he was involved in (even if it didn't involve a note/ban). While I don't think his intentions were malicious, it is nonetheless a breach of staff protocols so I did speak with him about it.

That being said; Audi, you're pretty clearly trying to get a rise out of him. If you can't even put out a report without trying to rip into him, I suggest you stop while you're ahead before the petty insults and snide remarks start to stack up.

Resolved; Philip has been spoken to about using staff tools in issues they're involved in.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.