Your Character Name?
    Atticus O'Connor
    Their BYOND Key
    Lt. Mr. Doge
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    12-1 AM EST
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Protocol 2. Investigate the situation.

While the staff member did do this, it wasn't very thorough and they did not listen to my side of the story well.
    Description of the incident
    As a note before we start, I'm making a staff report ONLY because there's no note appeal system in place. I simply want the note removed

I was a MP during this round, the note was as follows:

Refused to allow medical treatment to a prisoner who had been detained which lead to the prisoners untimely demise chest bursting in the brig.

The prisoner in question, who I do not recall the name of, was arrested under the charge of murder. They killed someone who they believed had killed Lisa, the corgi. I did not make the arrest of the prisoner and therefore am not responsible for seeing to their care whilst they were in brig. The only reason I was even with the prisoner at the time of their burst was I went to admit to something.

You see, it was in fact I, who killed Lisa the corgi.

I went in there to say this one sentence, but before I said it I saw a note on the table in permabrig which said "I don't feel too good." They looked fine to me and I figured it was already taken care of, so I put the note outside the cell. I was about to say the aforementioned single sentence when the prisoner dropped and bursted. I killed all three larva.

To my knowledge, the prisoner did not report the fact that they were infected and, during the time of which I was with them, showed no signs of being infected. As the prisoner did not say anything, we aren't at fault for what happened, unless you include the note as saying something. Even then, I am not at fault as I again, was not the arresting officer.

I was ahelped and explained that we were unaware of their infection and that they showed no signs of infection until they bursted. I recall being told I was at fault and the situation was resolved, I didn't really think much of it until I saw the note today.

As a forethought, I assume it was the prisoner who ahelped it, and I figure they let themselves burst shipside as a sort of revenge to the MPs for arresting them. Then I killed all the larva and they decided to ahelp instead. (salty muhreen)
    Evidence
    I do not have any evidence of the situation, logs will have to be pulled. I talked with moderator Doncarrot prior to making this report and they had difficulty finding them, but they did.
    How you would punish the accused
    I would not have punished the accused, the accused being myself, as the accused was not at fault for what happened.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How would you punish the accused refers to the member of staff you are reporting, not yourself.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, oops. Well, in that case I don't believe he's a admin, just a mod, might've even been a TMOD when this happened, not sure. I don't really think he needs much punishment, sometimes mistakes are made and again, I only made this report because there's no note appeal system in place.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a witness:

I remember this round and I remember talking to doge about the note briefly in msay . Here's the issue: if you imprison someone you have to watch them as per marine law. Typically if someone is infested then they will show shaking and various other signs like blackouts ect. The note should have been a dead give-away as well.

Either the player was not watched then he burst or the MP knew he was going to burst was not properly treated... and well that's against the rules. He has to have someone watching him after you bring him in.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I believe the bursting was more likely neglect than malicious intent, so Doge made the right choice in giving a note.
    Last edited by starmute; 01-13-2020 at 12:07 PM. Reason: grammar ect

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I was spectating this incident when the prisoner was moved to the Brig as an observer; there was a lack of care from the MP staff in general. The prisoner in question, Rei Fujimura (?) was not given any basic care as she had a clear hand fracture (fresh skin + bandage on the sprite), and when she did report her unwellness, the MPs took no effort to ask questions or even get a doctor to scan her, I noted that Cark, or another MP, dragged her paper bin and pen away, practically removing her chance of appeal and denying her healthcare; she was also not allowed to have a radio headset from the get-go, which are three violations of all three of the prisoners' rights, especially for a perma'd prisoner.

As she reached late-state (first convulsions), I also saw that there were no MPs (out of the 4) watching her; had someone actually watched her, they would've been able to save her. After she bursted with the Larva being killed, the MPs did not admit to any blame but, according to another witness, blamed Medical for their negligence when she wasn't even given access to a doctor.

I do not blame Cark for all of these wrongdoings; most of the MPs that round were very lackluster from watching that Brig event alone and could've avoided this incident if the MPs followed ML. You're lucky that the Larva wasn't being played, or you'd be in some deep shit, you were not quick to the draw and none of the other MPs were armed with lethals.

TLDR: me watch the brigging as witness, mps very wrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe it was me who took the pen and paper bin, i'm not that bad, but I do have a memory of dr- oh hold on, actually.

Yes this was entirely my bad-

Wait no, I moved the paper bin off the table, not out of the room I don't think. I was clearing the table so I could put down the machete I used to kill the aforementioned corgi with to accent my further admission, I do not believe I removed it from the remove however.

As for what starmute said, a note should be given sure, but not to me, I was not the arresting officer and I trusted the person who did arrest would've followed that part of ML. You'll note me infact saying before the prisoner bursts that I was dismissing the other two mps watching and taking care myself, if I saw anything I would've dealt with it. This still wouldn't make me liable because I had literally just said it as the marine bursted, I was repeating myself to the other mps as they didn't respond as they bursted and recall cutting short a sentence with a -.

It's not neglect on my part, because it wasn't my arrest and I only just turned up a couple minutes prior to the prisoner bursting. They had probably been in brig for a good 15 minutes prior. It's kind of looking to me like wrong place, wrong time.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:

Arrest:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Burst:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ahelps:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Admin PMs/investigation:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this one is a little complicated by the look of things. The first thing I want to get across is that the arresting MP is not the sole individual responsible for making sure a marine receives medical attention. If there's some sort of indication (i.e. broken hand logs) that a prisoner requires medical attention, it should be sought out. That being said, the logs do seem to indicate that Cark had been with the prisoner roughly three minutes from bursting, and that the prisoner had given an indication they required medical attention in under two minutes. Under those circumstances, I'm inclined to give Cark the benefit of the doubt that even if they had seen the logs and sought out medical attention, they wouldn't have been able to provide it in time to avoid bursting.

I don't entirely blame Lt. Mr. Doge for missing the complexity of it, although deep investigation might have helped; what is a concern for me, however, is Cark being given a note without actually receiving a warning. Staff should not be wordlessly giving out notes without actually explaining the wrongdoing and/or informing the individual that they are receiving a note. I will be speaking to Lt. Mr. Doge about proper procedure in giving notes, and given the circumstances, I will have the note removed.

Resolved; the note will be removed, and Lt. Mr. Doge will be spoken to about proper procedure in noting.
    Last edited by scsnv; 01-15-2020 at 02:15 AM.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.