Byond ID?
    Felix_S

CM Character?
    Lauren 'Haystack' Hastings

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT +8

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    10-15 (time can vary, read anything else you)

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    I mod a few communities most noticeably a streamer called Johnny_Now’s discord where I am quite active. The community contains about 400 people in the discord, however I also handle administrative duties and manage the discord chat which can have hundreds

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Nah not really

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    N/A

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No, the streamer I mentioned is currently on hiatus

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Yes, I accidentally killed myself in briefing as an SG however it was when still learning the ropes, I had no malintent and I think that I have obviously shown improvement and regret in game, out of game and on the discord. The ban has been appealed and it happend quite a while ago

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    CM (already explained)

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    100% i'm willing to be active

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    First, I would give the player the benefit of the doubt and not automatically assume that he is a griefer, then I would investigate the situation and be looking for two particular things, If he is either a new player or a griefer.
    I would send a message to the gunner asking the reasoning behind shooting the player and possibly instruction on the game in general if I see that he is new. I’ll cross check his reasoning with the logs in order to get a strong grasp on the situation. I would also check any other notes the person may. If he has no notes and testifies to being new, I would note down the incident, while leaving him with a warning. I wouldn't take further action due to how i’d trust the MP’s to handle the rest.
    However if he has notes which are similar to the situation and are recent, with the added fact that he accelerated the escalation of the conflict drastically, I would give him an improper escalation ban or a grief ban if their was not escalation whatsoever, for example a marnie just pb’s someone saying nothing.
    Finally, if the situation became very large (for example the shooter throws a hedp hurting many people) I would immediately also post and LOOC saying that i’m handling it in order to give players and ease of mind and stop A help spam

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I would grab as much information as I could on the issue. Grabbing contextual evidence and possibly accounts from the accused, accuser and relevant witnesses. I would then tell the player to head to the forums and make a report form. I would let the council or any higher ups deal with the matter at hand due to a regular mod not having that much influence in that area. However if the issue majorly disrupts the round like a large group of preds murdering everyone at the FOB on first contact. Then I would begin to step in.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would shoot them a quick message asking if they are new and need some help. If they say yes, then I would give them the quickstart guide and direct them to the Mentor help system for anymore questions. If there also so happens to be a SEA active on the round. I would direct them to the SEA and shoot the SEA player a PM telling them I’ve sent them a new payer their way

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Well, personally I don’t mind some trash talk as long as he doesnt spam me constantly. But in accordance with the staff procedure in CM. I would state that shittalking staff is not tolerated. I would also inform them that they don't get to pick and choose who deals with them if they don't like how the i ruled. But at the same time I would make it crystal clear that if they truly feel as if I have wrongly ruled them I would direct them to the forums to make a staff report.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    This would 100% fall under the naming rule. I would check for rule, name or behaviour violation. I would tell them to read our rules and state clearly which rule has been violated. Finally I would note the incident, temporarily change his name asking him to change it after the round and possibly apply a ban if this is a repeated offense which has happened in a recent time frame.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    In my opinion I believe that I have no reason to get involved. I think this is an IC issue, unless griefing and killing people in an unreasonably escalated way happens. Also if the person who A Helped is very concerned I would tell them to inform an MP to handle the rest.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Due to the fact that survivors being hostile to marnies is against the rules as of now, i would inform the survivor that they have broken the rules and ask for their reasoning behind murdering someone. I would then most likely punish them for griefing . I will also heal the murdered victims.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would message the MP asking for reasoning behind their actions. I would then snoop through logs to check whether or not what the person who A helped me said was true. If it is true I would inform the MP to read marine law and note the situation. If they are new I would help them with marnie law and change the timers (I would not jump to the assumption that the MP is acting with malicious intent. If the MP has notes about doing something similar I would job ban them from MP and CMP. If notes and investigation show that the punishment was just, I would explain that the punishment was reasonable and explain exactly what they did wrong in order to stay transparent

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Well the fact that its 30:4 xenos have basically lost already. I would use the Queen mother to heavily push all xenos to attack. I would be direct as possible in my queen mother directive as well possibly telling them to just rush in.
    Note: Standard moderators do not have ARES. They can Queen Mother, and are able to Subtle Message. They cannot spawn new items into the round. These are not necessarily the only available options.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Due to the fact that I get quite riled up when i see a really bad medic, I would probably be very partisan on the issue at hand. Therefore I would request for an ahelp or even just notify other mods on the situation. However if I am absolutely the only person that can deal with it I would try to collect my composure and try to take a non partisan look at notes. If he has been noted for something like this recently I would bring it up to another mod once one comes online as I don’t see how it would be fair for me to rule on the issue.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Well i would tell the CLF member that he is a hostile and send him a link to the responders list and ask him to read it over. I would leave the situation as being as an IC issue.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Sadly as fun as it is to watch I know round start shenanigans are frowned upon. I would let Mps deal with the situation if its small, telling the person who A helped to inform the MPs. However in the event of no MPs and an extensive number of notes / bans on the issue they would be directly warned in with a message.
    If its real bad, I would punish according to note history and most likely rule under round start shenanigans

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    If they go from one punch straight to gun fire and the information I gather from both sides says so as well, i would rule improper escalation and place a note and ahealing the dead player. But if the RP is handled very well and it follows escalation procedure then its IC and i leave it

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    If the situation gets large then I would get the attention of as many staff members I can in order to help me deal with this large situation. But if it's just me and it's on the brink of outright fighting i would screenwide sleep ( if i have the ability i dont actually know) and send LOOC messages that the mutiny is not proper and warn the mutineers involved. If it gets excessive and they continue I would note all mutineers and shortban if their previous notes incline me to

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Minor IC is fine. I would notify the player who got offended and inform that if it becomes racism in very poor taste and very excessive to not be afraid to shoot me a message.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Sounds like a text book 12 year old edgy griefer. I would hand out a long ban and if they have history i would file for a permanent ban

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    If he is very obviously being a front line larva as if he was a crusher, I would sleep them, warn them, and give a job ban if recent notes dictate I should.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Obvious textbook LRP, I would PM the xeno and tell him to stop, I would write a note and check other notes and punished accordingly if its a repeated offense

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I don’t play xeno all TOO much being a marine main myself. However i'm pretty sure whatever the xeno hivemind language is called is directly a translation in English so there is leeway. I would keep it an IC issue

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Warn them about the expected contact RP. Telling them that the RP says that there may or may not be xenos on the planet the marines don't actually know. I would then ask them to fix their announcement

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    This question is very broad even though the answer has many facets to it. I would take this case by case. If the RP is somehow handled very well ( which is difficult due to the timing of evac) then I would rule it IC. However if no to little RP takes place the accused would be punished. I would usually keep this an IC issue, However rest assured i understand that killing friendlies without proper reason is quite bad.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Well I don’t really mind being called names, However as I have already previously stated I know that insulting staff to an excessive degree is not allowed. I would try to get another mod to deal with the issue in order to serve the warning due to how I can not directly deal with the situation as it deals with me. But if i'm the only mod I would give a very firm warning to tell them to cool off while keeping the message as bipartisan as possible.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    As sad as I am to say this I would inform the player its an IC issue even though I hate it so flippin much whenever i fall SSD in the middle of an intense battle.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would never directly assume malicious intent immediately. I would in a friendly manner ask if the situation shouldn't be ruled differently while showing clear evidence on the reasoning behind my contradicting beliefs. If the ruling is really bad with malintent and the staff member is very obviously stubborn I would take it up to their manager to deal with.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    If the argument gets bad i'll try to cool down both the staff members. I can’t really do anything since I can’t get involved in others ahelp. If the argument is really really bad i’ll take it up to a manager in a private manner

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    As strange as it is, I have grown to enjoy this game alot. I have quite a lot of experience being a moderator and think my skill set would not only be valuable to the team but would also serve to create a more enjoyable, entertaining and wacky environment while staying transparent and just.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Transparency, A strong sense of justice while not having a god complex, approachability ( I don’t want people to be afraid to contact me), A calm open mindset and most importantly a positive friendly attitude.

Anything else you
    I’m currently studying pre law and have a very variable schedule especially around exam season. I was granted a full scholarship and currently studying at a very recognized university. The scholarship only stays if i keep a certain GPA, I will try to keep modding high on my priorities, but I hope the mod team understands that my studies are on the top of my priority list especially due to me not coming from a very wealthy family, however I don't want to make this my life story so I'll stop here. Also thank you to Nanu and Sky Soldier for the christmas giveaway. Really cheered me up during the winter season where work for me was hell.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well.......app is put into GREAT detail my friend and your answers check out so imma +1 this with ease.

Side note: Moderators have MOOC, XOOC, and OOC for large situations like the Mutiny question.

As for your schooling I understand all that and I don't see a problem with you worrying out your GPA and college education before keeping the peace in a 2D Space Marine game.

Good luck my friend!
    Last edited by Doctor Compy; 01-13-2020 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Forgot to say good luck.....
    Squad Leader Madeline 'Compy' Czech is awarded the medal of valor: 'What can I say? Every time she falls, she comes back with twice the fury and three times the lead. Led multiple successful pushes from the front.'.

Squad Leader Madeline 'Compy' Czech is awarded the medal of valor: 'Led Charlie in a brutal flank which, together with Rigga's leadership, slew the queen and over half the hive.'.

Staff Sergeant Czech, the last of the SL mains who uses nothing but a machete.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see too many erroneous answers here. At what times are you active?
    British Gentleman - Odell Cromwell
    (Captain Cromwell) -BLUEFOR
    Bloodthirsty Australian - Darcey Ledgeman
    Absolute Jackass - Johnny Swindle
    Space Commie - Artyom Ulyanov
    Not a Hero - Jay Osiris
    Unsung Legend - Silo Rhind
    Your best buddy, or worst enemy - Noran Kestrel
    Cynical Synthetic - Payne

My wall of medals: https://bit.ly/2v0iMAE
    Discord: Ephemeral Syzygy#0505

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty good answers with alot of detail as for ya schooling part it's understandable RL comes first over a obscure 2D spess game looking at ya playtime this month I say ya good enough to be a mod so +1
    Evie 'Stevie' Wynter at your service!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am on 5-6 pm and sometimes 9-10 pm on most weekdays (GMT+8), however I am online a lot more readily during my weekends being on around the times of 1-5 Pm. But this is subject to change depending on my personal life like I have already previously mentioned. I think my time zone will be an asset to the team, due to the fact that I play around low to medium pop hours.
    Hello, I play an unrobust marine named Lauren 'Haystack' Hastings. I am also quite Unrobust IRL as well : pensive :, feel free to shoot me a message I'll do my best to get back to you

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a look at your times. Seems good.

With your good answers, you've earned a
    +1
    British Gentleman - Odell Cromwell
    (Captain Cromwell) -BLUEFOR
    Bloodthirsty Australian - Darcey Ledgeman
    Absolute Jackass - Johnny Swindle
    Space Commie - Artyom Ulyanov
    Not a Hero - Jay Osiris
    Unsung Legend - Silo Rhind
    Your best buddy, or worst enemy - Noran Kestrel
    Cynical Synthetic - Payne

My wall of medals: https://bit.ly/2v0iMAE
    Discord: Ephemeral Syzygy#0505

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Answers seem fine. We do need more mods during ASIA time so I'll +1 this.

Here's a question I want to know regardless: What would you do if you found yourself at odds with the staff team on a decision you made/are making?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, to preface my answer I would try to keep our disagreement civil as possible due to how even though sometimes we get riled up in this 2D spess men gam, We are all human beings who deserve respect and civility. I would most likely hear out the person in the most open minded fashion possible in order to see their perspective, which could lead to us to coming to a common middle ground or make me recognize my faults (I'm not very stubborn). However if the argument gets a bit heated, I'll try to catch myself, recollect myself and try to message a member of staff higher ranking than me in order to resolve the issue in a bipartisan manner where all parties walk away feeling respected and satisfactory. I also understand that its procedure to not get mixed up in someone elses ruling for a punishment for example, yet I do want to keep an open mind towards things and will most likely still hear them out if they comment on my ruling especially if I'm a Trial mod for example. Also if its a higher ranking member than me I will more often than not change any decision due to how they outrank me in both experience and on a corporate scale.

Be free to ask for anymore clarifications, comments and queries. Ill try to get back within 24 hours!
    Hello, I play an unrobust marine named Lauren 'Haystack' Hastings. I am also quite Unrobust IRL as well : pensive :, feel free to shoot me a message I'll do my best to get back to you

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix_S View Post
    snip
    Very good answer

While you should follow admins+ instructions always listen to your heart on these things. Be polite and be sociable but if you think there is something wrong you can talk to your manager. If it becomes heated always rely on them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent answers, a credit to the CM community, active both in-game and on the CM Discord and I have more than complete confidence that you'll breeze through the trial and make a great moderator.

A big fat plus juan
    Aspiring survivor xeno main that never plays either. 5th most hated redshirt main on CM. Support roles connosieur. Extremely bad at combat.

Survival attempts/times survived so far: 14/4