User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you be a Bug?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Maybe, at least as a special event.

23 25.00%
  • Yes, I want to collect limbs and suck brains.

51 55.43%
  • No, acid runs through my veins.

18 19.57%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How would you feel about a new alien species?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How would you feel about a new alien species?

By this I mean instead of not-xenomorphs from Aliens, playing as not-bugs from Starship Troopers?
    Basically a mirror of every xeno caste with different sprites and slightly altered gameplay.

In effect, gameplay would be altered in many ways (no acid blood, no hugging, ect.) but many other xeno gameplay features could remain with minor alterations (Brain Bug eats captures marine brains for DEFCON-esque points, crusher-type bug gets a flamethrower, lurker-type bug can 'fly' and pounce long distances, ect.) in a way that I think would be perfectly reconcilable with the current trajectory of the server's waning attachment to AvP-EU lore.

My biggest concern about even suggesting all this is how xeno players would feel, though. Gameplay for xenos would be seriously altered by something like this, removing the need to hug & nest, removing acid-blood and replacing offensive acid-based attacks with that 'plasma' stuff from the movie, plus the compensations that would come with all that.
    I'd think that Queen gameplay would remain the same in many ways, as a Brain Bug could easily screech, gets scurried around quickly by those little baby-bugs, and would only simplify capture-based gameplay into entering an ovi-esque mode and eating brains in a delayed method similar to the queen gib for points that can be used for respawns and possibly more.

I want to know how different caste-mains see this idea, how they feel it would effect their favorite caste if 'Enemy Types' were implemented as something that could be voted on in the same way maps are.
    My personal worries with this whole idea centers mainly around the Drone/Hivelord/Carrier gameplay, but in the same ways many xeno castes are pulled from the AvP extended universe, I think adequate replacements for that realm of gameplay can keep them in line with the established xeno-meta without just being a carbon-copy with different sprites.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we don't need something that resembles benos too much. We need necromorphs and stuff, something different. This is why I love zombie events, because zombies are fundametally different from benos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like xenos

and you have to remember that if we replace xenos with anything, that 'anything' is either gonna stomp them or get donked, especially with the asymmetric population fights, due to how everything marines have, everything we've put into this game is based on xenos and them alone

and i would not enjoy zombies

yeah sure being a marine shooting zombies is great, but playing as a zombie itself is ass

marines like events in a way xenos dont, as whenever theres an event they still get to play marine and do the shooty,
    xeno mains like to play xenos not other antagonists per-se,

marines play as one side every event round and xenos dont, so some xenos dont play those rounds as the antagonist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a big part of the point i'm making, I think if anything like this happened it would basically have to be a "mirror" of xeno gameplay with only minor alterations. The 'Bugs' from Starship Troopers are similar to xenos in many ways besides reproduction and acid use.

They could easily have a Ravager-counterpart, and a Crusher-counterpart, and a Boiler-counterpart with only minor gameplay alterations, and even all of the aspects of drone/hivelord gameplay can be mirrored with something like dirt-paste walls and slime-coating used to replace resin and weeds and make it more ant-like.

It can easily mirror the xeno meta of building a hive, protecting a queen, a fighting force, capturing humans, and using self-generated 'plasma' instead of acid to preform ranged attacks. This could even extend to their blood to mirror that aspect of xeno gameplay, but my idea is that this could be more than just a sprite-swap.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reuben owen View Post
    i like xenos

and you have to remember that if we replace xenos with anything, that 'anything' is either gonna stomp them or get donked, especially with the asymmetric population fights, due to how everything marines have, everything we've put into this game is based on xenos and them alone

and i would not enjoy zombies

yeah sure being a marine shooting zombies is great, but playing as a zombie itself is ass

marines like events in a way xenos dont, as whenever theres an event they still get to play marine and do the shooty,
    xeno mains like to play xenos not other antagonists per-se,

marines play as one side every event round and xenos dont, so some xenos dont play those rounds as the antagonist
    You will never get bored, huh? Mundane routine is fun for you? I don't judge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    You will never get bored, huh? Mundane routine is fun for you? I don't judge.
    if i get 'bored' i play a different caste
    ive been playing xeno long time and never really felt so bored that at any moment there wasnt at least one kind of xeno i found enjoyable

i do everything they have to offer

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arcturian race when?

Also The Thing game-mode when?

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lemme get my nid on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would definitely love to see necros on CM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same. Necromorphs or hell... a working non crashing Zombie mode.