Aden Cooper
    Their BYOND Key
    Sargash
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    January 12 2020 Around 8:30 GMT+1
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    2 and 5
    Description of the incident
    Hi i was the Requisition Officer during this round and have fullfilled my duty as best of my abilities. After evacuation there was a mutiny happening and i believe Delta and Alpha were involved in it i joined the mutiny as well. I went to CIC not long after a PO started killing people so i shot him. Then i was PMd by Sargash asking "why i have attacked them?" I told him the PO was shooting people and was told not to answer grief with grief. I said exactly this " He was literally killing people thats why i shot him" then i was told i was a griefer and will get a 3 hour ban for it.

I play on this server passionately and have never griefed and was never warned for this action either because i dont do it. I have a clean record and i would like to keep it that way. In my opinion the response and punishment was too severe as i have killed a person breaking rules by shooting up CIC. I have then asked Sargash if he could explain to me why i would be banned, there was no reply i was banned 10-20 seconds later

The reason i appeal this is because i do not believe i deserved a ban and this will be on my record (Notes) forever, i dont want someone to look at my notes and see a note saying this player is a griefer because i am not a griefer i have never done such things.

I believe Protocol 2 was broken because if i did not kill that PO he was seconds away from being killed by other marines and he was killing people. I acted in self defense and to protect others.

I believe protocol 5 was broken because when somone gets banned they get a note and in this case i was banned for grieifing according to Sargash but i do not grief i have never griefed.
    Evidence
    My evidence is Combat logs of me and the PO and chat logs between me and Sargash
    How you would punish the accused
    I just want my note removed i don't think i deserved a ban for defending myself and being marked as a grieifer.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be depositing logs within the next 24 hours
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fay getting shot and then fighting back:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

An announcement made by Fay:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Aden beginning to attack Fay:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

PM's from Sargash and ban:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Listed right in our server's rules, under the griefing rule, is the following; "Any damage to the station or players caused by griefing can be repaired at an Admin's discretion. If you are being griefed, don’t retaliate - Adminhelp it and you’ll get healed. Shooting a griefer can cause you to get in trouble as well, and the combat logs you’re generating make it harder for Staff to prove who the real griefer is."

If you or another member of the server is harmed as a result of grief, you are expected to ahelp - not to shoot them back. Even if Fay had been griefing (they weren't; in reality, they were defending themselves against someone else who was griefing them, which admittedly is committing the same rulebreak Critilius had), IC concerns of 'self preservation', 'protecting your comrades', and so on don't apply to a situation brought about by an OOC failure to follow server rules. Sargash was perhaps a little hasty in giving out the ban without fully explaining the grief-on-grief rule (as Critilius was seemingly confused as to what specifically they had done wrong), but I see no real wrongdoing on Sargash's part.

Resolved; no action taken.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.