User Tag List

Thread: McRamon - Developer Application (Spriter)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

McRamon - Developer Application (Spriter)

Developer Application
    Byond ID?
    McRamon

Age?

Gender?
    Male

How would you define yourself? (Coder, Mapper, Spriter):
    Spriter

If Coder, what languages?
    none

Any previous experience developing with SS13?
    Mostly i did some spriting for Paradise server.

Proof of any previous or current work:
    Here is merged PR https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pull/12513

in addition - some sprites for not finished yet another cult type https://ibb.co/C7tQTbV

can send in some more examples if needed

How well do you know Git?
    Not much. Enough to explore it and comment on it, but never submitted my own PR before. However if needed, can learn how to do that (looks pretty easy to me)
    Edit: noticed that you use gitlab rather than github. Never used this one, however i am pretty sure its not much harder to know how to use it than github

Your primary job is server development, not policing the server. You may be given Moderator-level of access but you should *not* be invoking any administrative actions unless there are no moderators or Admins online. Do you understand?
    Yes

Anything else you'd like to add?
    After i returned to the server, I was amused by the spritework done by CM spriters, and thought that i can help a bit with the sprites. I am not looking for any admin-type of access or power
    Last edited by McRamon; 01-13-2020 at 07:39 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, McRamon. Thank you for applying for the Spriter. position.

The sprites provided in your app are of good quality, and while it's rather helpful to understand how GitLab works before applying, it's not a requirement, nor that difficult to show you what you'll need to know about it as a Spriter. Typically this would be satisfactory for me to hand out the Spriter test for you to complete, however I have a few questions first.

1. What interests you the most about the spritework of our server? What do you think could be improved?

2. We've had an issue in the past of accepting applicants with low in game hours, only to have them not contribute/go silent within the first week of becoming a spriter. As a Developer, it's important to play the game so as to keep up with the current state of the game, as well as it lets you see what needs work spriting-wise. If you were to be accepted, would you have the time to develop for the game, and put in a few rounds every week?

3. Assuming you have the time to both develop, as well as play the game, would you prefer I sent you the Spriters Test over the forums, or via discord? If Discord, then please drop your Discord handle here, over the forums, or PM me at Frans_Feiffer#2743 when you're able to.

Once again, thank you for applying, and I look forward to hearing back from ya.

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Pred App that is now null lol
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, this morning McRamon and I talked via discord. Answers to my questioning were satisfactory and the Spriter test has been issued as a result. I will post here again once I get his test results, and my team and I discuss them.

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Application withdrawn.

You may reapply in a month at the earliest, or whenever you have the time thereafter.

Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler: