User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CM 2020 - A Retroactive Look

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xeno structures besides pylons and healing nodes, don't do much. Most others you build once and that is it.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone404 View Post
    Xeno structures besides pylons and healing nodes, don't do much. Most others you build once and that is it.
    Evolution pods are the biggest offender there I'd say, they are just a requirement to build and don't do anything active. The spawn pool at least encourages capturing even more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, hold up, it sounds like you're just making it less like SS13. I mean we're playing SS13 aren't we? I'm not opposed necessarily to doing special maps like Whiskey Outpost but they should be a side project to the current gameplay. Maybe I'm reading you wrong but it sounds like you're trying to change the gameplay substantially. You know part of the magic of an SS13 round is that it's absolutely psychotic because there's very little limits and they're all practical. Me and a bud were talking about that the other day about how absolutely realistic and authentic the game is.

I watched the researcher try to make his own benos and of course the dropship crashed into the almayer and power went out. So of course that xeno which was now a defender just ran riot through the staff and 2nd deck. That was great.

But I heard about those UPP rounds and they sounded dope af.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakey View Post
    As posted on discord, for all you forum dwellers.

Objective Gameplay ...objective... their locations should be laid out in a MOBA-esque style with LANES that both factions have to continue applying pressure to, with the amount of lanes based on player pop and map size..
    Lanes? are you fucking kidding me? OMG....
    this is gona be bad....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakey View Post
    Objective Gameplay
    Since this is our primary goal/focus right now, I want to share what I think is the correct way forwards for objective gameplay. Control points is our first step towards this issue, however I feel that to keep with some sense of roleplay as well as the mechanical aspects of the core SS13 culture we should have capture points be pseudo control areas. They should not have fake progress bars or something that doesn't actually have true player involvement. Capture points should be points of interest on the map that require both factions to build something, gather something, or destroy/defend something, and their locations should be laid out in a MOBA-esque style with LANES that both factions have to continue applying pressure to, with the amount of lanes based on player pop and map size.
    This sounds like an extremely bad idea that will just aggravate the already serious problem of identical rounds, metagaming, linearity and general low level of RP the game is suffering from. The focus on streamlining the already streamlined gameplay sounds like a step in the wrong direction that will just constrict and make the experience even more linear and monotonous.