Byond ID?
    Dusanking123

CM Character?
    Connor Anderson

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT +1

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Gmod, CS 1.6, CS 2D, there's more that i can't remember.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    No.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Not over 24 hours, no.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Not yet.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes i am.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I will PM the accused and ask them why they shot the other person, then i would check logs to see if escalation was followed. After that i would note/ban them for roundstart shenanigans and improper escalation(which probably happened since it says he randomly shot another person)

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I will inform him to fill a player report if he believes they broke the code as we can't deal with Whitelist Violations. I will tell them if they want to make a report that i can give them information about the predator(Ckey,Predator name).

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I will PM them and help them myself as mentors can't PM people. I would give them the quickstart guide or guide them manually if i have time.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Players can't choose who deals with their ahelp, i would inform them of that. As of being rude i would tell them to tone it down, but i really dont mind.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I check if that's true, after confirming so i PM the accused and warn them that his name is against our naming rules and i tell them to change it next round.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    IC issue, MPs can deal with this if they want as it is a minor crime to not follow procedure which means they can ignore it unless ordered otherwise.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I would check the logs then PM the accused. After confirming their intentions i would note them/ban them based on how much of damage they did to the marines. I would also aheal the marines killed by the survivor.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I will PM the MP and ask them about this, if Theft and Trespassing are confirmed there's actually nothing i can do. Maximum for both crimes is 30 minutes, which is together 60, meaning they can do this even if it's a move that's seen as an asshole move by the community.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would use Queen Mother Psychic Directive, also known as IC XOOC to tell them to board the ship. This way the round progresses, it may not end as fast as telling the marines to land back but i think its the best as marines going back could actually result in them losing if they get picked off one by one.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I will ahelp as i can't deal with stuff that involves me.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I would inform the CLF member that this is not EORG as the factions are hostile to each other.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would inform the accused to not engage in roundstart shenanigans and to return the gear to the people he stole it from. I would leave a note with a light warning depending on if it's the first time or not.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    The accused here would get noted/banned depending on if they did this before as this is Improper Escalation.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would MOOC that no mutiny was approved, if they ignored this i would asleep them and tell them punishments will happen if they continue. If they continue after i unsleep them i would give all involved a 3 hour ban to cool off.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Minor racist comments are okay, if it keeps escalating i would inform them via LOOC to tone it down.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    This is a 7 day ban as it is clear griefing, i would aheal the people who were killed/hurt and likely fill for perma based on their notes.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I will PM them and tell them frontlining as larva is not allowed as it wastes a slot. I will give them a note or job ban them if they did this before.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I will PM the accused and tell them to tone the LRP down, i will then note them or ban them if they did this a lot in the past.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Hivemind is translation of xenomorphs' thoughts, this would be fine and i would mark it as an IC issue or mark the ahelp and tell them its fine based on how busy we are at the moment.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I will PM the command staff member and tell them they don't know xenos are down there, they know its a POSSIBLE contact but its not confirmed.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    This is the only roleplay situation in which you don't need to follow escalation, although you have to RP it first.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I would PM them to tone it down, i would unlikely punish it as such stuff doesnt offend me.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I mark this as an IC issue.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I will tell them via msay what i believe they did wrong and what i think is the correct course of action in a friendly manner.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would inform a higher up about this and tell them what happened, after which they can decide what to do.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    Well there are many reasons, for one i believe this is a fun job. I don't know how true that is as many staff members are retiring. Another one would be sense of progression, the fact that just by doing your work you can progress in ranks, i have too much free time and rising through the ranks eventually would give me at least a job to do.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Moderators should be good with people, they shouldn't be short tempered as this is a stressful job.

Anything else you
    I have a note from this month but I thought it would be fine to still post the application as i believe it was a minor thing, for reference i suicided with beanbags as i was informed it won't kill me. I realize my chances are lower because of this, but I believe i will do a good job regardless.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I know you are an active player, and you have explained your notes to me in sufficient detail. However, I still reckon that your English may be a problem, as you've stated to me through discord DM's.

I would like you to answer these following questions before I make a final verdict.

What times will you be on?

You are on the server as the lone moderator, there are no higher ranking staff online and the CMP is getting lynched as he arrested someone for throwing training grenades. What do you do?

You mark an Ahelp with someone asking what happened to (insert name), how do you respond?

You see someone who you KNOW is new but looks like they know what they're doing. They pick up a grenade. What do you do? (This is not a trick question, additional clarification will not be given for this one)
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Novacti View Post
    Alright, I know you are an active player, and you have explained your notes to me in sufficient detail. However, I still reckon that your English may be a problem, as you've stated to me through discord DM's.

I would like you to answer these following questions before I make a final verdict.

What times will you be on?

You are on the server as the lone moderator, there are no higher ranking staff online and the CMP is getting lynched as he arrested someone for throwing training grenades. What do you do?

You mark an Ahelp with someone asking what happened to (insert name), how do you respond?

You see someone who you KNOW is new but looks like they know what they're doing. They pick up a grenade. What do you do? (This is not a trick question, additional clarification will not be given for this one)
    Thanks for replying Novacti, here are my answers to your questions.

1. In my timezone it's day during low/highpop. This means I will be available during times where you mainly need moderators. I have a bad sleep schedule which is why I get on high pop from now to then.

2. I would MOOC for marines to stop doing this, if they don't stop I would asleep them and investigate the situation. I would also ask for help in discord staff chat. After all of this i would note/ban people for this depending on if it's their first time or not.

3. IC issue.

4. I would PM them asking them if they need any help, after that I would guide them through the basics. Them looking like they know what they are doing doesn't matter if I know they don't.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking past the recent note, you're a decent player and I've interacted with you in the CM Discord and such.

I think you'll make a decent mod. I'll +1 this.

You can change the name of mobs.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Compy View Post
    Looking past the recent note, you're a decent player and I've interacted with you in the CM Discord and such.

I think you'll make a decent mod. I'll +1 this.

You can change the name of mobs.
    Thanks for the support, and that's good to know if i get trial.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your answers are good, show that you have a grasp of the rules, However, your Note history is very concerning and you have notes from less than a month ago. For me, it's a -1 and i belive you're ineligible for application for the mod team. The Moderator Manager may correct me if i am wrong.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    Your answers are good, show that you have a grasp of the rules, However, your Note history is very concerning and you have notes from less than a month ago. For me, it's a -1 and i belive you're ineligible for application for the mod team. The Moderator Manager may correct me if i am wrong.
    Thanks for looking over my app, I asked scsnv about the note from this month and it's fine. It will lower my chances but it doesn't disqualify me afaik

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Memesky I want to see numbers, approximate what hours you will be on.

You have only 1 answer that's fully correct, which is answer 3. For question 2, you've answered decently. However that the CMP may just be softgriefing and/or acting the goat. Question 4 is designed to test your knowledge of recent events; the correct answer here would be an insta-ban.

I'm still remaining on NEUTRAL until I get the times that you will be active.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Ceyella
    +1 he wants to be mod to help, he cares to actually be chill with people.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Novacti View Post
    @Memesky I want to see numbers, approximate what hours you will be on.

You have only 1 answer that's fully correct, which is answer 3. For question 2, you've answered decently. However that the CMP may just be softgriefing and/or acting the goat. Question 4 is designed to test your knowledge of recent events; the correct answer here would be an insta-ban.

I'm still remaining on NEUTRAL until I get the times that you will be active.
    I'm gonna be honest, I recognized the questions you asked me from another mod app but I couldn't find it so I answered to my best ability, thought I should mention that.

Now I should answer your simple question that can yet somehow be complicated to answer.

My timezone is GMT+1, I have a bad sleep schedule but I fix it occasionally. I just woke up and it's 17:30 (5:30 PM). This means today I will probably be awake up to 4/5 AM, which should be highpop if I am not wrong. Although, when I sleep "normally" I wake up around 7-12 AM. And then I stay up until around 21:00 (9 PM). This means I should be able to play on both during day and night, but probably a little more during after midnight right now, if that makes sense.

Ask me if you have any more questions.