User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Staff Report - RobBrown4PM

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be looking into this tomorrow when I get the chance.

However, this is not the place to throw insults and attack people, if you have pertinent information to add to the report, please do. If your comments boil down to insults or attacks, it will be deleted.
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was Felix this round.

I agree with the assessment that marines were partially responsible for their loss at they did indeed OB the tank and frontline (I was decapped by it but recovered).

But the issue I have is the lack of warning. The special mobs seemed to look identical to regular ones. And did cheesy stuff. I saw them spraying fire and pushing people into it. Prevent cads from being built by laying down fire. I was lit on fire several times trying to build defenses.

Many marines showed up with 300+ burn damage and 200 brute.

I dont understand why the event the event needed to happen, and if it did, why the stakes werent balanced somewhat with some kind of warning.

I would have packed different gear..

I will also attest the hive seemed... newer. Evidenced by the fact post crash I nearly soloed the queen and a drone with an unextended baton (doh).

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was a praetorian that round.

Stats probably are not detailed enough to show this, but Ravengers had a negligible effect on the round progress. They took two ancient slots and could not be healed except by a drone or a prae screech. While first ravenger died really early, I was following the second one for the later part of the round, which he spent mostly on low health and didn't have any major effect. He had some effect while holding marines on Almayer, I can give you that.

That round was completely carried by the Queen, Warriors and the normal Ravs. Marines got access to self destruct even though they evacuated and queen got there and destroyed it. This didn't end the round and the timer ran out when the queen was clearing the remnants of marine forces in medbay.

Another note, the hive was hit by that ghost larva bug again. Which is also a factor here, since every evo tick counts on prison.

My personal opinion that this was a fine minievent. Any event is going to shift balance somewhat and there were plenty of events before that gave marines the upper hand on purpose, like the ones where marines get a full extra squad of UPP roundstart. I'm not even counting the events with unforseen consequences, like that HvH on Trijent where the hive had to fight marines on one side of the river and perpetually respawning UPP on the other. And if you're going to give some help to the hive, it's exactly on Prison, which is notorious for being marine favored.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So. Little longer than I said, whoops, sue me.

Alrighty, so looking at the logs and speaking with Rob, this was not an over-the-top response to stop a metarush. Rob was planning on running an event this round which involved two Ravengers. The initial plan was to have a marine side team spawned in to help eliminate said Ravengers, however, due to the fact that the Marines were able to kill one and cripple the others ability to fight, that plan was scrapped as he believed marines did not require additional support at that time.

Events are ran at admin discretion and in no way are they required to inform the general populace of an event if they do not wish/it does not change the whole flow of the round like, say, a United operation between UPP and the Almayer and making custom info saying "UPP friendly don't shoot". That point is moot, if we told everyone about every event it would make them pretty boring and non intuitive.

Thirdly, after scouring through the logs I've come to the conclusion that the Ravs we're not especially round influencing, Marines lost that round all by their selves, between nades and OBs they managed to do more damage to their own side than the Ravs. These things happen, it just so happens that the belief that the Admin caused the marine loss is stemmed from a lack of awareness of the wider picture in the round and I can understand some level of frustration.

The only issue with the event was the Ravs firing through walls, which said player was spoken to and stopped abusing that particular bug. While I will inform the Admin team to be more careful with Ravengers until that bug gets squashed the very rare usage of them will prevent this being a huge issue at this time.

Resolved. No protocols broken by Rob and no punitive measures taken.
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager