Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Triiodine - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Triiodine

Player Name You Use Most?
    Chadwick 'Broski' Dunlop

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    Developer � Spriter. No CM appeals.

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    No CM bans.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    In Character, the battlefield execution is a tool, and that's all it should be viewed as. Quiet the masses, put a heel down on the unruly. Only to be used in the most extreme of circumstances when an MP (or MPs) can't do the trick. The ability to take a life, legally, without repercussion, is something to be feared more than respected. It's a tool that can be viewed as a power to consume a man. Out of Character, the BE is a way to remove a player from a round, no ifs ands or buts. I'd rather not ever be forced to do that. It's like being given the same power as an EORG auto-ban, except it's an item and it sounds nice when you shoot it. Personally, I view BE's as an ultimatum to a mutiny, extreme rabble rousing, or general shittery from marines and ship-side staff. A good Commander, in my opinion, won't have the need to use the BE, as a good Commander will have the respect of their marines, and (hopefully) the players behind them. However when all else fails, and it's down to the wire, the RO is spreading word of mutiny, the BE is a way to silence dissent IC, and should only be used as such. While this view might differ from others, I think personally if a player needs to be battlefield executed, they should be well aware that their actions have lead to such a consequence.

The way it differs is more of a roleplay thing than a mechanical thing. OOC you're still removing a player from a round, however a regular execution has lead up, last words, a more notable announcement. A player's name becomes one tied to Marine law. With a BE, it's a one click, brief wait, out of the round forever. One announcement and the marine is forgotten. Again, the BE is a tool, not a roleplay option IMO. That mutinous PFC isn't going to let you monologue with a gun to his head. He's going to hotkey out his shotgun and put an unga-slug in your neck.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate engineering staff, a Staff Officer who cannot do anything right, an Executive Officer wh
    Stegnov, as per his backstory, understands what the average private has to go through. Combat is not without it's horrors. Working off the understanding that his enlisted have (likely) seen combat, or (likely) will, gives him a baseline respect for everyone willing to put their neck on the line for duty's sake. Often there's a disconnect between Command & ground forces. Working with this in mind, Stegnov runs his ship by the books, but only to the point that he agrees with the books. On the fringe, you can get away with a lot, and cutting his enlisted some slack to make their lives easier is one way to keep an operation running smoothly with high morale. His focus is on humanism, and understanding that while he runs the war machine, that machine is made of living breathing parts that get stressed, shoot each other, and watch their brothers and sisters get torn apart by enemy fire. They deserve as much respect as he does.

If engineering staff aren't cuttin' it, try to talk to them, remind them of their purpose and why they're here. If they fail to adhere to a rousing speech about unity, have the MP's apprehend them and have an SO & Synth (if available) replace their vital functions so long as it doesn't compromise the integrity of the operation. So long as the OB's get loaded and the engines are spooling, the CE can make a maintenance bar, but he better hop the table and dump the booze when a situation develops.

A Staff Officer who can't do anything is both an IC and an OOC issue, more often than not SO is seen as a more laid back position and is a bit more inviting to new players. Not to mention it's the lowest position within full-time CIC operations. If I've an XO on deck, have them try and assist the SO to the best of their abilities. If an SO continues to be generally useless, try to speak to them IC, if they're new, try and get a Mentor to help. If all else fails. I suppose they could be sent planet-side. An extra-gun is never un-wanted.

An XO that questions my actions in public is an issue. Ideally the CIC is seen as the machine on which the cogs that are the marines turn. But if that machine is seen with broken parts and output, morale drops, communication falters, and suddenly Alpha is at Hydroponics and the guy who just got out of Cryo is the aSL because they're the only one without broken bones. Always present a unified CIC, even if inside cigarettes are being thrown and shouting matches are being had. However, the XO is also second in command, and is often first in command in many operations. They are to be respected just as the CO is, but they must understand they ARE sub-ordinate. However, their opinion is very important to the operation. If they have valid criticism or suggestions for the operation, we can talk. If they're going to yell at every order of mine they can go work Requisitions with the CTs. Ideally, the XO is an extension of the CO who can take things over when times are tough, or make on the spot decisions the CO would approve of. Of course it varies from player to player, but that's the fun of it, interaction over differences.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The Commander is, in a sense, a role that exists, like the XO, to solely inform the marines on the purpose of the round. By choosing deployment locations, briefing assignments, req rules, special assignments, etc, you're giving players an overall sense of flow for any round. Your strategy, regardless if it falls apart of not, is what decides how the entire game runs for however long it does run. And should you die, your legacy of orders falls to the aCO, who can't change the past and what you've setup. IC, Yell at people til the job gets done. OOC, guide the round as best you can through game mechanics and roleplay options. You're there to make a fun round for both sides, just as the Queen is.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    Interactivity and adaptability to any situation. As a whitelist role, the CO should not just be an XO with a fancy gun and fancier shoes. They deserve an earned extra functionality. The mobile tablet idea is alright in my opinion, but personally I feel as if larger gameplay shifts, but not buffs could come of the CO would great. Maybe a system where the CO can swap between minor global order commands that give marines a debuff as well as buff that the CO can micro manage in order to better an operation.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    While I already am working with the CO council and general CO population on some uniforms, I'd love to offer a line to the CO group by greater integrating with them and bringing their ideas more coherently to my fellow devs. I hope to eventually do the same with both the Synthetics and Predators by integrating with their whitelists at some point as well.

Choose one of the following story topics to write about
    Stegnov's stubby fingers pulled the zipper to the side, away from the laceration, the collection of trauma implements poking their silhouettes into the stale air.

�What is name? Is better to know you than to not... no?� He asked, steely eyes looking into the the other man's. Placing the trauma kit down, he gingerly peeled the blood soaked uniform away from bruised skin. Leg plating fractured with shrapnel, the lingering scent of burnt flesh dancing against his nostrils. He furrowed his brow.

�Averd. Averd Fondd.� The wounded private weakly replied, sweat trickling down from his matted hair. He had taken his helmet off.

Stegnov nodded slowly, pressing tweezers into abused flesh. �Tell me, you want to know extent of hurt? I tell you this one if ask.� Averd didn't reply. Stegnov pulled a chunk of shrapnel out casting it away casually. A stale red spattered over the dirt. Silence. �O-kay, no reply is mean yes reply. Give second.� With a free hand he rolled the M10 plating and undid the straps for better access. He huffed as he worked, mumbling �Could do for cigarette..� the words rolled into a chuckle.

�So I am tell you how bad it is, o-kay?� Averd nodded. Without hesitation the stocky Russian laughed, �Like ehhhh, Hamburger Helper, this is what you are call yes?� Eyebrows arced, the grin refused to leave his face. He spoke in shouts and bellows. �But, listen here-� He waved the industrial pliers about like an overexcited professor introducing a topic to their class. �I fix, sew together real nice, look like skin of meat tube.� Stegnov scowled as soon as the words left his tongue.

�Bad words, is, ah... hot... dog? Nyet, analogy fall apart like leg. Hah!� He laughed again, a hint of mania in his words. With steady fingers he pressed the tube of bio-glue up against the open laceration. The private groaned in pain and annoyance.

�But listen here, o-kay?� He stared back into Averd's eyes, a seriousness taking his voice and posture. �Look back at leg, wound is honor-able thing to carry. Is like mark of pride. To take enemies doings and wear like tattoo. You go up and yell-� He leaned back and slapped the red-cross on his chest. �Oupa! Cannot defeat me with tiny guns!� He wiped the bio-glue away with a cloth and began to repack the wound, shoulder stooping as he returned to work. �Tiny caliber, I make correction, like wound close. Is correction. These are, ehh.. temporary things, no? Fleeting like human life on battlefield. But I stop you from running, I stand you back up, this is my job, just as is yours to take rifle and shoot.� He thumbed a pill from his belt and pushed it into Averd's hand. �Take, make feel better.� He wrapped the leg with gauze, adjusted the plating straps as best he could to secure the rejected metal, and pushed himself to his feet.

Offering a hand down to Averd he spoke once more. �Cogs in machine, that is all they see us as. Private, Sergeant, is not matter down here, we are numbers on sheet. Never forget this one.� Averd took his hand. �But also do not forget, we are human, just like man giving orders. Yes orders important, but do not forget brothers and sisters in arms.� Averd struggled to his feet, putting his weight on both feet.

�So, you are feel better da?� The large Russian clasped the private's shoulders.

�I, yeah I guess so, I... I think I can walk.� The younger man replied. Stegnov smiled.

�Hanging on every word, good tactic comrade, misdirection, I tell you semantic things, you forget about pain.� He let go scratched at his stubble, turned to look further down the trench line, ash gently falling in the infinite stillness of the afternoon. He began to walk, raised his right hand and spoke:

�Come, we have more comrades to fix.�

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a good application, and he�s not a shitlord
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    +1
    Pretty much this, +1.
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah another echo from Soldier
    +1
    Kaitlynn Lawson The Captain: https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18802
    Alicia The Motherly Synthetic: https://cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=17406
    Ja'akir Aki The Messenger of the Gods: //showthrea...or-Application
    Staff history:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1.

Triiodine is a good player and dev.

This is a good application with good effort. I've seen the player plenty of times to trust them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice Application. You seem to have a very strong understanding of CO. I like your take on the story as well. Disregarding other factors, your understanding of the role and detail shines through.

As for actual gameplay and my own experiences, sadly I've never seen you in action playing. That's on me though. You seem to have a great understanding of the role, great effort in the application, and your story is the pi�ce de r�sistance.

With all that in mind, you also have Survivor testifying to your in game play for you so we'll call it a tentative +1.

Godspeed. I hope to eventually see you in the seat soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vispainius View Post
    Nice Application. You seem to have a very strong understanding of CO. I like your take on the story as well. Disregarding other factors, your understanding of the role and detail shines through.

As for actual gameplay and my own experiences, sadly I've never seen you in action playing. That's on me though. You seem to have a great understanding of the role, great effort in the application, and your story is the pi�ce de r�sistance.

With all that in mind, you also have Survivor testifying to your in game play for you so we'll call it a tentative +1.

Godspeed. I hope to eventually see you in the seat soon.
    I play quite a few characters actually, you might have seen me before, and just was unawares. Or of course, could be a timezone issue.

Do any of the following ring a bell?

Leech Sorrel
    Meldon Parlell
    Stegnov Denisovich
    Vondo Yalaz
    Mike Turedo
    Artonya 'Squigg' Anyul
    Gomez 'Gut' Gustafo?

I am the art style.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story was good, Very Good player, Solid Answers on your application.

+1 You most certainly deserve it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    neutral

never seen any of those names in command; do you play in a different timezone? im canadian as reference

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    +1
    What he said.