User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Triiodine - Commander Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triiodine View Post
    I play quite a few characters actually, you might have seen me before, and just was unawares. Or of course, could be a timezone issue.

Do any of the following ring a bell?

Leech Sorrel
    Meldon Parlell
    Stegnov Denisovich
    Vondo Yalaz
    Mike Turedo
    Artonya 'Squigg' Anyul
    Gomez 'Gut' Gustafo?
    I do know Leech Sorrell and I think Stegnov. My current hours are different then they used to be so, that's probably a major factor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    neutral

never seen any of those names in command; do you play in a different timezone? im canadian as reference
    I'm in PST, or GMT-8. I usually play in the evenings during the week, and in the afternoon on weekends. More often than not I play as a lowly slug slewing private instead of a command role, however I do play command probably 2 times a week.

I am the art style.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A good dev, a good story and a fine app +1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triiodine View Post
    I'm in PST, or GMT-8. I usually play in the evenings during the week, and in the afternoon on weekends. More often than not I play as a lowly slug slewing private instead of a command role, however I do play command probably 2 times a week.
    personally unless i see you in command and your not a retard, you get a +1 from me

i see people trust you, and your a dev, but i have not seen you in command so ill be staying neutral till i see one of your names in command

good luck with the app though

The Helllbanian CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This application was a pleasure to read. Good answers, decent story.

See you on deck. +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That�s one solid app +1
    Commanding Officer Mark 'Sherman' Wilson

Synthetic Unit Marcus

Predator Rekag'Voli

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good player, saw him around. Also, not a bad app. +1
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't really played with you but your app is solid and having other folks vouch for you is more than enough to justify my +1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never seen your character. I'll give you a +1 if you can answer some questions well however.

Q1:
    You're about to give a brief. You're saying your first few words only to be interrupted by all of the marines en masse screaming, with a few breaking the glass to the command booth. It's lowpop; there is no MPs online, only you and two other SOs. What do you do?

Q2:
    It's pre-deployment on Ice Colony. You've prepared a plan for BRAVO to build an FOB at LZ1 with Charlie squad building forward defenses at the bar. You inform the RO to prepare to buy some FOB supplies, but he replies with "sorry i used all points for HPRs as soon as we woke up". What do you do?

Q3:
    It's about 30 minutes into a Big Red game. Marines have deployed already; Alpha is FOB, Bravo is BAR, Charlie is scouting the eastern colony, and Delta is scouting the Southern colony.
    Delta breaches into Research Labs only to be immediately greeted by 20 xenos and a queen that screech stuns them, killing pretty much all of them. You can see the queen and the 20 xenos rushing towards LZ1 as fast as they can via dead marine helmet cams. What do you do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Q1:
    A bunch of folks screaming during briefing isn't exactly a problem (Read: it happens pretty often), if a glass wall is breached, then I would escalate to activating the briefing flasher should they step into the command booth. While it would of course always be best to punish the few, without access to MPs, one must punish the many in order to get the point across. If marines refuse to settle down after a briefing flash and a verbal IC beration, there's not much one can do without MPs. While a BE is always an option, as you can read earlier in my application, it is a tool that removes a player from the round permanently (With respect to cryo-ERT, general ERT, and playing a beno), and a tool I'd prefer not to use.

If events continue to escalate, such as being disarmed by a bunch of PFCs in the command box, participating marines that willingly go from unga-rp to clearly defined low-rp can be my guest, it'd be down to moderation to handle the events should they escalate out of in-character actions. If players are actively towing the line, then they should understand their potential consequences.

Q2:
    The RO is to be given a stern warning, and instead told to re-purpose ten M39 SMGs from each prep vendor in order to compensate for the lack of metal. They would be informed that the replacement bill will be coming out of their paygrade. If they continue to fail to follow orders, they can enjoy a demotion to a regular CT. If they continue to directly or indirectly sabotage the operation, parole via deployment, or BE would be their choice. The underpinnings of a good FOB and a good round (for marines) relies on an active and coordinated RO above most else. In regards to the squads, Charlie would be called off from a forward defensive line, and instead instructed to another set of directives, likely QRF for another squad, or joint scouting of the underground. Bravo will proceed as normal and await more metal when it comes, an unfortunate tactical disadvantage, but there are only so many chairs an engineer can scrap planetside.

Q3:
    Inform the Alpha SL that they have incoming hostiles, and instruct them to get as many lazer coordinate marks south of the FOB as possible in order to stall benos with orbital bombardment. Charlie would be ordered to fallback to the FOB through security to avoid direct hostile contact and reinforce Alpha at the FOB. Bravo is to fall off from the bar post-haste and move through administration and cut a flank into the incoming hostiles. If the xenos are faster than the jarheads and the FOB is falling fast, Bravo would be issued to make general movement to the FOB and belay the flanking order. Remaining Deltas are to be transferred to other squads until the threat passes, or the FOB is lost, at which orders breakdown regardless.

The best action to take is one of shifting tactics on your feet, the round can't be paused, the fight must go on no matter how tough it is. However follow Stegnov's personality and character, should losses rise above 40%, and most squads are outside the FOB and combat zone, issue general evacuation via Normandy with a re-deploy on Alamo should time and hijack mechanics permit.

I am the art style.