User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Staff Report - Taketheshot56

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyssa View Post

You wrote in the note that the fight was properly escalated, it was not. You claim I was argumentative and that I was to be watched for future behaviour, when all I asked you to do was justify yourself with regards to the rules as written. Of course it is upsetting when an Admin notes you for failing to follow a rule that doesn't exist on paper, and you've failed to remain professional by labeling me as "very argumentative" and "watch for future behaviour", and for being very patronising. I definitely think you've failed to follow the code of conducts, I think you've failed to apply the rules as they are written, and that the note was erroneous.
    What we write on notes are meant to convey the situation to other staff members, I was nothing but cordial with you, I did not insult you nor did i berate you. I explained the situation clearly several times and tried to help you understand, you, whether you know it or not rebuffed every attempt and claimed you did nothing wrong and were argumentative, that did not affect my judgement to give you a note, it is merely being included as a memo for other staff to work off of, including the watch for future behavior. This is common practice for noting.
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be looking into and resolving this tomorrow.

Please refrain from putting non-important information or arguing here, makes things more difficult to unwravel.
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alrighty. Took a touch longer to get to this due to busy weekend.

So, going through the logs pulled, the fight was indeed properly escalated by both sides, disarming, punching and grabbing, the other party decided to escalate as allowed to a melee weapon. You then shot them. Given that logs suggest you were present and watching the fight, you could have intervened during the melee stage if you desired rather than waiting for it to escalate to shoot them with a shotgun.

I can see where the issue with rules not being in extreme extensive detail may cause issue, however, we opted to change our rule pages to be more streamlined some time ago, due to the fact that we could quite literally write a tome to rival legal documentation in exact situations where each rule can and can't be applied and generally opens it up to bending of rules and rules lawyers en force.

As it stands, a note is merely that, a note to inform staff that a player was spoken to about an event and is not a punitive measure in any case, I'll speak with the heads and see if more examples of proper escalation should be added to give a more clear picture of what proper escalation can be.

However, in this situation Take did nothing wrong and so I'll be closing the report with no punitive action taken. Though as stated, I will be re-assessing our rules page and it's clarity on escalation.
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager