User Tag List

Thread: Akabinxstar - Ban Appeal (Timed Ban)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Akabinxstar - Ban Appeal (Timed Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Akabinxstar
    Character Name?
    Aiko "stutters" Amano
    Type of Ban?
    Timed Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    None
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    hunk1
    Total Ban Duration
    7 days filled for perma
    Remaining Duration
    Not sure
    What other servers do you play on?
    Bay station
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Drymouth
    Reason for Ban
    You have been banned by hunk1.
    Reason: gone AFK as Queen, issuing a Jobban as well. Acting on Specific Orders from the Admin Manager, this is a 7 day ban Perma request, you can appeal at the forums..
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    The first time that I got ahelped about being afk, I was actually here, I was just not actively doing anything because I was just extremely tired and it was hard for me to stay focused, But I felt like I could handle it, So I responded to the ahelp letting Hunk know that I was okay, This was a mistake and I am sorry for failing to uphold my end. In the past I have had a history of falling asleep, once as the CL, and maybe a few other times as other roles, but the CL jobban was the only one I've ever gotten in trouble for because I was just stuck in the room and they couldn't get me out. This ban is different to me in my opinion because you can just switch out the queen player with ease, and there would be no issue. I'm not trying to say that it's just okay for anyone to just fall asleep playing a role, but I just feel like a perma banning me for it is just harsh when there are shorter bans on the table.

I can handle the job ban from queen, I am fine with it, I feel like it's ample punishment, because I took up a responsibility that I ultimately couldn't handle, But please don't perma ban me from the game, I feel like I've tried so hard to keep my nose clean to just to get banned for the mistake off falling asleep.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been assigned for admin review.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Washed up CM-SS13 Host NGGJamie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After discussion between the admins and myself, we have decided against permabanning you for this. However, I will note down that part of the discussion mentioned that you have a tendency to salt in deadchat and be unpleasant from time to time, and I would recommend toning that down, as it almost changed a couple of people's minds.

You will be retaining the role ban for the time being. Keep in mind that while you've been let "off the hook" so to speak this time, that does not mean or guarantee that it will happen again should you get into further trouble before your probation is up. I've been in a similar place as you when I was going to college, working full time, and running CM, except I mainly had trouble keeping awake playing Staff Officer. I genuinely couldn't play SO without dozing off asleep at some point during the round, and still don't entirely trust myself to. Simply put, I just keep it safe and don't play SO, or other roles that I may not keep awake for. Tis the nature of the beast.

Your timed ban has been lifted. Be free, gamer.
    Synthetic Application-Leonard [Accepted] - Predator Application-Thei-De Na'Tauk [Accepted]

Mentor: 06/28/2017 - 08/07/2017 / Trial Moderator 08/07/2017 - 08/25/17 / Moderator 08/25/17 - 10/11/17 / Trial Admin 10/11/17 - 10/30/17 / Senior Mentor 10/30/17 - 03/15/18 / Mod Manager 03/15/18 - 07/08/18 / Coder 07/08/18 - 07/27/18 / Host 07/27/18 - 10/19/22

I run Linux on all of my machines and actively reject Windows. I have some cool dotfiles up on Github for configuring some of my favorite stuff.

Contact Info:
    Spoiler Spoiler: