User Tag List

Thread: Luis (Failing at life) - Developer Application (Mapper)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luis (Failing at life) - Developer Application (Mapper)

Developer Application
    Byond ID?
    Scott45

Age?

Gender?
    Male

How would you define yourself? (Coder, Mapper, Spriter):
    Mapper

If Coder, what languages?
    None.

Any previous experience developing with SS13?
    Been 2 years making maps in SS13 on numerous codes (Mostly Lebensraum/Bay12/TG/VG/Citadel-Code/The World server Code/Stalker-13/TG:CM).Most of the things i have done were mostly works for fun (And pretty low quality when i started learning,but evolved slowly) and to help servers that needed mappers,helped them and increased my abilities.

In my time mapping in SS13 i also have been fixing map issues from servers or teached people how to map in SS13 (Mostly for Bay12 and /TG/.)

Proof of any previous or current work:
    https://imgur.com/a/k3gHtHK
    These are some pictures of the maps and lil projects i did when i started mapping and from this year (Lost some of them but most of the big projects i did are here.)

How well do you know Git?
    To be honest: A bit,i understand how to push PR's,do my own updates,code a bit and fix certain small errors that are easy.Yet i do not have a high or advanced knowledge/understanding of many things about it.

Your primary job is server development, not policing the server. You may be given Moderator-level of access but you should *not* be invoking any administrative actions unless there are no moderators or Admins online. Do you understand?
    Yes

Anything else you'd like to add?
    I currently wanted to join the developer team of Colonial Marines since 2018,had talks with Apopthis775 and some staff about joining but with with the age and worries i had i never did,yet here i am and doing it on 2020.

One of the other reasons why i wish to join is to have my mind busy with something,i've been having some months of real stress and other personal issues i do not wish to talk about,and i think having myself busy with friends and helping the server i enjoy playing in will do me some help and happy at least (Drawin' may be something but i want to use my abilities of mapping in Hammer/SS13 to use.)
    Last edited by Luis (Failing at life); 01-18-2020 at 10:20 PM. Reason: I fucked UP and said no,my bad,and i STRONGLY APOLOGIZE for the mistake.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Luis, thank you very much for your interest in joining the CM development team. I apologize that this response has been taking a bit long to get here.

Your portfolio in general looks really good and judging by your playtime it is obvious that you have an interest in our server. It is great that you have a lot of mapping experience and this can be seen in your examples with how your work and mapping quality has evolved to become quite good. If this was simply a question of experience and mapping quality, then I wouldn't have had such a hard time finding the right response to this application.

However, I have received many concerns from other people regarding your general behavior, attitude and the way you communicate with others. Following some investigation on this, we unfortunately do not believe you would fit very well within the CM development team.

On another note, I will mention that our development environment is very serious and can quite often become stressful to work in. This is not what has decided the outcome of this application as I of course do not know the severity of your situation (though I appreciate your honesty in mentioning it), but if you are experiencing serious issues with stress then this position is not something I would recommend to you.

I (any many others) believe that you have great skill and I strongly encourage you to keep working on them, especially if it is something you enjoy doing. But as it stands right now I have to deny this application. If you believe that what is written above improves and you still have an interest, then you are welcome to send another application in a few months time.