User Tag List

Thread: The next map will be on LV-624...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The next map will be on LV-624...

Can
    We
    NOT

I don't care if LV is the marine map im trying to get COMFY IN ICE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you better apologize before i make you play nostromo box station

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No daddy noooo

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the only balanced map

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shittiest and most boring map. Absolutely nothing interesting going on in there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think LV-624 is ok, but I dislike how FOBs tend to end up there. Instead of fortifying the LZ and demolishing most of the walls in east nexus, the moronic engineers often barely have one unmanned cade line in south and east lz, but have massive fortifications inside central nexus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    once the novelty of every map being 'new' wears off LV/solaris are the ones you don't mind playing the most, thats why they get picked the most

although it might just be that CORSAT is laggy as f and sorokyne is just BLIZZARDFORDAYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LV is best map

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like LV-624 is the "de_dust2" map of CM. It's very simple with it's design as most combat is just marines go up, xenos go down, meet in the middle and unga dunga. It also has instructions for baby's first FoB in the form of Hydro and nexus. It also has a lot of flanking routes for the more savvy players to take advantage of.

In addition too that it's also one of the best maps to learn engineering roles in, engineers have the hydro and nexus as templates for mega FoBs while also allowing them to do some big brain plays like making hydro a field hospital with the med vendors, expand hydro to bridge, fortify a quick route to hydro from nexus and like Julian said deconstructing east nexus and fortifying the LZ more in the south and east. IOs also benefit from this map because it forces them to learn how to hack if they don't want to waste ammo, like resetting wires, unbolting doors and restoring power. It's also good for survivors because of the simple go to marshals->engineering->secure storage strat that is very easy to follow.