User Tag List

Thread: I can barely connect

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can barely connect

This is weird and I'm going off common sense here.

I used to play with no issue whatsoever, no changes in my PC as far as I remember (I messed around with IE installing old builds to try run an ancient game), I can play in other servers with no problems but when I connect to CM, it's like I get random spurs of connectivity? I mean, I go from buttons not responding on the welcome menu to magically working after 30 seconds to a minute, then I spawn in, text screen updates and I'm able to move for a few seconds, then it all freezes again, and same thing happens. Ping is around 106 and sometimes spikes up to 130 but that doesn't seem to be the issue. Game is unplayable rn.

Edit: I observed a freeze that lasted 1 minute and before my game returned to normal my ping spiked up to 20000. Do you think it's my connection? It works flawlessly with other games.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Hedrite I don't think it's your connection, the game is simply very laggy during highpop. I recommend switching to latest beta version and clearing the cache(Byond>Settings(Gear in the top right)>Preferences>Games>Clear cache) then try again and give it some time to get used to new settings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a last resort I can reinstall Windows and I trust that'd solve it but would have to reinstall a lot of stuff. Still goes laggy after clearing cache and using latest Beta. Tiles won't load even after waiting for 15 minutes or so (like the first time I loaded in).
    https://imgur.com/a/u3GQyE9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try connecting to some other lower pop SS13 servers, see if you get the exact some ping issues.