Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ridgyaxe - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Ridgyax

Player Name You Use Most?
    Quint 'Bad Luck' Hawkings

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    //showthrea...or-Application

I have gotten notes for IE before. Only bans (I THINK) have been EORG.

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    NOOOOPE

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    The BE should be used to take out an immediate hostile, whether it be the XO, the CL, or a plain 'ol marine. Intentional murder or severe sabotage of the ship would make a BE necessary, and overwhelming evidence of said action (I see a marine throwing grenades at doctors) to prevent them from causing anymore harm.

This differs from an execution where someone's in jail, as they aren't an immediate threat. I don't need to worry about them gunning down marines or bombing the ship, you can deliberate and talk about what should be done in that circumstance. (Did that marine -really- shoot the tank to destruction? Witnesses need to be talked to, evidence needs to be gathered if possible, likely mutinies need to be handled)

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    I envision playing a CO, as corrupt as fuck -WITH LIMITS-. What, you stole the MT's ID, broke into REQ, and stole a box of grenades? Well I'll probably be too busy counting any money that might suddenly appear in my hands to properly process you, I'll have to pardon you.
    Murder and severe sabotage (destroying OB parts, destroying REQ parts, though stealing is fine, murder, will not be okay), would not be able to be paid off, as that's a rather heinous crime

DEPENDING ON THE ROLE, (MP being Insub isn't okay, but RO can), I'd handle it one of a few ways. One, they'd drop some cash on the ground and I'd wander off to count it, two, I'd have them arrested by an MP, and talk it out, three, talk to HC about it if there doesn't appear to be a valid reason (Fuck you because you're ugly), and last but not limited to, four, I'd pay a marine or someone to help handle the problem, drawing the attention away from myself and the reason they're being insub towards me (hopefully)

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The CO is to lead the marines. To ensure that an OP goes without a hitch, to create battle plans that hopefully have high probabilities of success, to improvise when wrenches get thrown into plans by the bucketful, to RP with marines and get them motivated.

They're not there to go into battle unless it something last ditch, though deploying and taking a look at the fortifications at the FOB can be morale improving.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    How about something akin to what the high-fives and fist bumps are right now. They can help intent their own head, possibly call out ATTENTION for themselves. Fellow marines can help intent their own head while this is active, and after X amount of time, the marines will salute at the same time.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    A different kind of CO, of course. Some CO's are boring, you never hear or see from them other than at briefing, and most don't have a thing that marines can actually interact with (Pay me money to do things). You hear about Bill Carson rounds (cuz they're usually memes, both bad and good), and greg lauffer posts full paragraphs whenver he CO's or SLs. Those are the only two memorable COs really, I don't know the names of others. I hope to add myself to that list of what other marines would remember, look back in their time playing CM and be like 'Yeah, I remember that CO, he was (amazing/terrible/meh, but neat)'

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Quint Hawkings was an easy going man. He enlisted in hope of running through the Officer Program, simply just to add something to his resume. He was more coasting along the Marine Corp. than excelling in it, duly serving out his 4 years in the corp, hanging out, taking it easy, probably getting into a bit of trouble here and there. He had, by no means, a spotless record. His time was about to end, and in the last month of his enlistment, High Command forcibly reenlisted a majority of marines and officers that were set to retire.

The reason, for this, is that colonies were going dark. CLF troop numbers were supposedly growing by the day, as colonists were becoming scared that their own colony was next. Marine Battalions went missing, UPP sightings became more frequent, there simply weren't enough men to keep everything together.

In what could be considered Hawkings's first real job on the force, he was given command of a small platoon, and given a task, to hold a vital supply line, or destroy the line and deny any potential enemy threats access to marine resources on planet. Within the first 2 hours of his taking command, 75% of the platoon was KIA or MIA. They were forced to destroy the bridge, but only after the rest of the platoon went out, manually detonating the charges on the bridge, as the det cord has failed to properly work. The only survivor was Quint. They ultimately lost that planet within the next week. He was seen as a hero, as he had 'accomplished' his task, inspiring his men to give their very lives to support the Marines.

He was given two squads to command, after a promotion, and given orders to fend off the UPP that were encroaching on USCM space, and get them off of a planet. They did so, but at a heavy price. Both of his platoons only had a single or pair of survivors in them, the three of them heavily wounded, given purple hearts and bronze stars, and honorably discharged. Not a single marine was unwounded. It was a Pyrrhic Victory, but one nonetheless. This, is where he picked up the nickname Bad Luck, as nearly everything that could have gone wrong, did. Weapons jammed, grenades turned out to be duds, medicines became placebos, intel was always bad. Scarily, only the items that Hawkings had overseen or touched, seemed to go bad. When he wasn't around, everything worked as it should, sometimes even a tiny bit better (though that was likely only thought due to other malfunctions and failures).

Hawkings was again seen as a hero, struggling through desperate odds, fighting back the enemy at whatever the cost, a man of determination and valor. In reality, thoughts of what had occurred thus far weighed heavily on him, binge drinking off the clock and chain smoking on. He became corrupt to feed his habits, taking money, turning a blind eye, doing what he was told and paid to do, thoughts of how he could make more money ever present on his mind, often scheming and plotting as to how he could get more money from the USCM's coffers and into his own.

So they promoted him again, this time to lead a whole Company, instead of half of one, to see what results he could achieve with even more men. He hadn't failed the USCM yet, so what could possibly go wrong?

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi I'm Swagbag, also known as Samantha Rigga. I'd like to ask you a few questions first before pointing out some personal concerns about your gimmick.

1. How do you plan to consistently get characters to remember you as a Commanding Officer rather than your answer of "I hope to add myself to that list of what other marines would remember, look back in their time playing CM and be like 'Yeah, I remember that CO, he was (amazing/terrible/meh, but neat)'" and other than "pay you money."

2. What's within bounds and out of bounds for people "bribing you," other than say a CL paying you to do some paperwork and crimes
    Last edited by Swagbag; 01-20-2020 at 01:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To Swagbag, aka Samantha Rigga

1.By attempting to interact with marines whenever possible (and reasonable). I personanlly don't remember most COs, because I rarely ever hear from them other than briefing. I find that they've usually restricted themselves to being heard from via announcements, or the occasional order to go charge X place or retreat to X location, and I almost NEVER see them around the ship other than when they decide to take the field. I plan to visit different departments from time to time to check things out, talk with the people at those locations (MT/CEs at Engineering if they're there, doctors by observing how they act, maybe pointing out things to help them improve) or even get hands on depending on the situation (bribery, power goes out, or medical gets swamped with all the marines from evac).

2.I'd be okay with a PFC paying me off to give briefing, buying items from me (Like a tactical shotgun or a MK1 Pulse rifle and the appropriate magazines) transfers to other squads would cost them a little money for the related 'paperwork', an announcement suggesting that the squad with the most donations picks what squads do what/least donations gets FOB squad, and that all proceeds are going to 'charity'. I'd also envision myself using any money that I've gotten so far, to potentially buy off the CL's loyalty if the seem like they'd be worth it, or to bribe marines out of a mutiny.

Out of bounds would be things that are inherently wrong, like firing marines from their position (Spec is fired and jailed/forbidden to deploy), attempting to force marines to cryo, removing the SSGT SL from their position and the PFC becomes the SL (with exception to the SL being completely bald somehow, not responding to any attempts at communication and generally seeming like they have no clue what they're doing), or to do things like shut down parts of the Almayer, like shutting off ARES/Telecomms or closing down medical. I also wouldn't attempt to ask for bribes from any PVTs, due to the fact that they're quiet new, and likely need all the help that they can get.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen Hawkings in game quite a few times and I can say he's a good RPer. His quirk is amazing, I can think of so many RP possibilities with bribing and thinks like that. He's good at making plans and leading an operation, seeing him play command roles often. The story explains why your character does these things and it has logic. I'd like to be under your command, +1.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say +1 from me lad. I've had ya as my OW and yer fairly competent and actually listens to ideas from their SL's so I see no problem with ya as CO.

Good luck friend!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like your idea of a corrupt commander and I think your a more than capable RPer to pull it off without abusing it. Everytime you've XO'd with me its been a blast, that LV round today particularly ya did a better job in an empty CIC than alot of CO players do with a full staff. Lots of announcements which is good, relayed info across all channels and called out the queens location several times where I would have missed it otherwise. Big +1 from me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome player and an awesome XO cant wait to meet you in the battlefield Commander +1
    Aden Cooper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that quirk is fucking hilarious. I'd just be careful to not let it ruin other player's rounds etc, but you are a long time player yadda yadda. Corrupt officers ahoy, much more interesting than "Very esrious marine captain #83483 very serious..........".

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very unique quirk, I can tell you won't go too far with it based on your answers.

Besides that the story is fine and I believe you deserve this whitelist, for what my opinion is worth.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your app is decent, and you're a pretty decent guy in game and on Discord. My biggest issue with this app is the fact that it is VERY easy to disrupt roundflow, or break a couple of server rules with a quirk like this. While I don't think you'd abuse the idea, given how you seem pretty genuine about not wanting to hurt peoples enjoyment of the round (see: Not bribing PVTs) I'm not sure how you'd act in the heat of the moment where things might be tense, or require you to act quickly. Just dropping my two-cents on the matter before I ask for more feedback on the app.

Regardless, good luck, and I'll be dropping the final verdict on this after more feedback is provided.

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Pred App that is now null lol
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler: