User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ridgyaxe - Commander Application

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, chief, but I've gotta give a "no" to this one. What kills it for me is your BE response:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridgyaxe View Post
    How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?[INDENT][I] The BE should be used to take out an immediate hostile, whether it be the XO, the CL, or a plain 'ol marine. Intentional murder or severe sabotage of the ship would make a BE necessary, and overwhelming evidence of said action (I see a marine throwing grenades at doctors) to prevent them from causing anymore harm.
    Sorry to say, but there's been issues with BEs lately, so I can't in good conscience support an application that gives me the impression of BEs being anything other than an absolute last resort option. Hope you'll understand, but it's a -1 from me.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit

@FGRSentinel What would be the best way to use the BE, then? I see the BE as something to use when someone's intentionally griefing and attempting to kill other marines. I don't want to end someones round because they fooled around a bit too much. Should I BE someone that is messing around with their weapon, they get shoved and it goes off, causing them to shoot a fellow marine?

EDIT: As an MP, I saw a CO BE a PVT that was totally naked, had their gun out and had fired off two rounds, while dragging an empty magazine behind them. I had already stunned them and they were on the ground. Should I BE ANYONE that poses a danger to fellow marines?
    Last edited by Ridgyaxe; 01-24-2020 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Adding in a thing

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had 1 single round with him as my XO, I gave him total control over the operation. I literally didn't give a single order all the round, and he had 1 SO for 30 min, 2 for other 30-40 min and then 0 for 40 more mins. He did wonderful work in my opinion. Of course, he made a few mistakes but nothing that he can't learn while being a CO.

+1 from my part.

-Pammy Mother Summers.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the quirk, just try not to become the next Bill Carson or else you can expect mutinies to occur more often. However I think you can handle the role just fine. I've seen you ingame multiple times, I know your more than capable. Don't screw it up.
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present

The Neverplayer Commodore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right so, I've had you as my XO once and I've seen you playing XO as an observer for a few rounds. I know that you can lead and order squads around fairly decent ( that is why I awarded you the medal ), with some minor mistakes. However, I have also noticed that you give others some atittude when things do not go the way you want, and seem to be disturbed by the fact that COs ask you to lead Operations during your CO application period. The thing is, if you weren't applying for CO, no Whitelisted Commander would ask you to do that ( or at least shouldn't ). Most COs ask you that because they wanna see how well you do in command, so if you feel like roling XO knowing that you have an active CO app and act suprised when a CO asks you to lead the operation, then if I were you I would think twice. My advice to you, is that if you don't feel like running the OP, do not roll XO and try to relax by playing a less stressing role.

Another issue that keeps me back from vouching this, is your attitude when things do not go your way. When I had you under me, I said I was merely observing, that is true. However, that is not what happens a lot of the times because we do not know how well a player is familiarized with leading an operation and we try to give him a hand even though we tell him that he has complete control of the operation. Your reaction towards my advice and suggestions were .... rushed as you, not only resigned from the Command of the OP, as well as almost cryoed for that. I did not know how you played command or if you felt comfortable with it and you could have reacted way diferently and all you had to say in that moment was: " With all due respect CO, I know what I am doing and I apreciate your concern". That was a sentence that triggered me the sense to give you more string and freedom when it comes to me giving you some advice. Just as a note, I am not judging you for the fact that you wanted more freedom when running the OP, I am pointing out that your reaction and words used could have been a LOT different. I get the feeling that as a CO you might take the same rushed decisions when things do not go your way.

Last is your BE answer. Upon reading your BE answer, I get the feeling that you would jump straight to a BE without checking for alternative courses of action. Could you give me an example of when and how you would perform a BE in case it happened ? ( Explain why the BE is necessary and why other courses of action are not possible )

Also I am not going to talk about your quirk as I believe we have settled that through PMs.
    Last edited by smov; 01-28-2020 at 12:37 AM.
    Captain Morgan Young

Charlie Squad Medic main and the worst nade Thrower you Will ever see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @smov I had actually been wanting to play as a regular XO, instead of, for the umpteenth time, being told by the CO that I'm now in charge for that round. I've had that occur quite often, regardless of whether the CO or person in command communicated that they were aware of if I had a CO application or not. I hadn't actually had a round as an SO or XO yet, where i acted as a regular XO, or what I believe to be the XO, to handle things shipside for the CO and make sure everything's running as smoothly as they could be, so the CO won't have to worry as to why the OB isn't loaded, if REQ is preforming their job, or if Medbay is malpracticing. I know that yes, I should be expecting to be asked to lead the OP by COs, or to be more hands on, as I have a CO application in, but there's still that slight frustration as you're suddenly 'promoted' into handling the entire operation.

Previous CO's that I'd worked under, gave me the op, and told me that they were observing, remained, for the most part, quiet, though handling things when people like an MP or CL came in asking for things or to do things. When you started to say things over command comms like 'Hey XO, you should ask what squads need supplies', I got the impression that you were already dissatisfied with how I was leading the OP, or you actually wanted to lead it yourself, or something akin to having a backseat driver. (If I'd been told it was going to be something like we're going to Co-Lead the operation, I most certainly would have reacted differently.) As for the comment of 'With all due respect', it's true. I've put in an application to CO, I'm working as an XO, and i've been put in charge of the operation. It should be expected that, I do actually know how to lead the OP, and from prior posts in this application, I would be led to believe that other people would agree in this regard.

I wouldn't jump straight to BEs. The BE is the LAST thing I would resort to. A round where a PVT put a few shots into the REQ wall near marines, while unclothed, holding a gun one handed, and dragging an empty mag behind them. I, an MP, had stunned the marine, and was in the process of putting cuffs on them, and then I was surprised when I heard the Mateba go off, and I see 'PVT X has been executed!' As the MP, I already had the situation under control, and the marine handled. If I were in the CO's shoes, I would not have BE'd them, seeing that an MP already has custody of the marine. I don't want to execute a marine for potentially accidentally firing his gun or priming a nade (I've fat fingered a grenade or two in briefing.) and suddenly ending their round. I'd envision myself using it more on someone that's thrown multiple grenades into medbay, or committed murder, if the MP's didn't already have it handled. The MPs are there for a reason, unless I'm already there, I shouldn't be doing their job for them. The BE Should ONLY be used,

At the same time, with the BE, as you've said,
    BEs are not only for crimes whose punishment is death, you can BE a player that is an absolute retard
    (In response to me asking how a BE is supposed to be used). I am legitimately confused on the subject. Is it to be used only when a marine's life is in imminent danger? Should I use it when marines are fucking around brawling? Should I use it on a player that's committed a non-minor crime but has been detained?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your app is fine and so is what I've seen from you in game.

As long as you promise not to do anything (overly) stupid with the quirk, you have my +1

The Neverplayer Commodore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I have seem you playing more XO and you are not bad at all. Just some minor mistakes that will fade away with experience.

I Haven't noticed you changing your behaviour recently or wanting to abandon the OP when things do not go your way which is good. Remember, in case you get this WL, there will always be someone higher that you must obbey no matter what, ( Except if they blatant disregard ML or SOP ofc ) so sometimes you have to serve in order to lead ( Taken from the film troy btw ).

Your answers to the questions I've asked you in PMs were not perfect but they were satisfactory and it makes me believe that you will not abuse the Battlefield Execution tool or pardon as well which is good. With time you will master both ML and SOP and I believe you can make a good CO in the future.

As for your quirk I believe we have that settled as well.

With that said, I ll leave you my +1.
    Captain Morgan Young

Charlie Squad Medic main and the worst nade Thrower you Will ever see.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your quirk is unique, I can't say I approve of it, but I don't mind it either.

Story is mediocre.

Your BE answer is decent, however you are missing an aspect of the BE that's not too important but is worth mentioning.

What does concern me is your recent behaviour, you've acquired a few notes within a single month. *Most* of the notes themselves are not too bad, however, they do mention you LRP'ing as command roles.

I think we need to monitor your actions for a bit longer before we decide on whether you should attain the pay grade of O5.
    Last edited by Novacti; 02-01-2020 at 03:56 AM.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Your BE answer is a very generic answer, to the point you have no way to describe besides immediate hostiles and regarding CLs, BEing CLs is a very slippery slope in my experience. While intentional murder, sabotage are one of the main reasons you are going to be BEing people for, there is a lot of grey areas you need to set your own personal views on what you will and will not BE for. I wish you had gone into further detail within this part, because this BE answer is by far one of the most generic ones I have seen outside of a few applications that had just rewritten the wiki BE wording.

While you may have seen it as back-seat driving, it was obvious you had a temper when Morgan was CO and you nearly went to cyro as XO because Morgan was trying to help you in some capacity after she gave you command of the operation. Being a CO requires you to be calm in very tense situations and observe what's going on and if you can't, you need to put on a “show” for marines, if that makes sense.

There are some slippery slopes and frowned upon grey areas you could have expanded on or explained in detail such as BEing someone for incompetence or insulting you respectively and what and how you would deem it needed for and what your limits are. Temper can weigh into BEs as much as improper escalation can and we all know how much IE gets you in trouble.

Story is nothing great or bad.

Last edited by Swagbag; 02-09-2020 at 11:08 PM.