User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stop making 3 hour timelocks

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Timelocks are entirely unnecessary for 70% of the roles.

Queen, XO, maybe Doctor, and RO are the only roles I could see justifying a timelock (and SEA I guess but it's mentor/mod "whitelist" regardless).

On top of that, the timelocks are so short it doesn't even matter most of the time. It's just anywhere from 1-3 rounds where you bumble about playing a role you don't like in order to unlock a role you do like (especially true for returning players).

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The anger you guys have at this feature give me a sick sense of joy and pleasure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchee View Post
    Byond account creation date locks please
    It is possible, lifeweb did it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Timelocks make me smile.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Timelocks were the best addition to the game.

They make me grin

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not against timelocks I’m saying make some longer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the dev's need to fix some of the tracking issues first. I would also like to see changes to being grandfathered in. For instance I dont have Researcher or Tank crew unlocked because TC is almost impossible to get and Researcher was a nothing of a role till recently

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    would be nice if older players could ahelp to get the time locks removed, it's obnoxious having to play hours of medic to be doctor

actually no while I'm at it why did you decide the priority list of "learning medsci roles" should be medic > doctor > researcher? researcher is an easy low stress role to get into chemistry, medbay layout, and the like, then doctor ramps it up a bit with triage and surgery, though most patients will be imminently savable or treatable, then you get dropped into the fucking pan of squad medic where you are the deciding factor if wounded survive or not, not even to mention evacing

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    would be nice if older players could ahelp to get the time locks removed, it's obnoxious having to play hours of medic to be doctor

actually no while I'm at it why did you decide the priority list of "learning medsci roles" should be medic > doctor > researcher? researcher is an easy low stress role to get into chemistry, medbay layout, and the like, then doctor ramps it up a bit with triage and surgery, though most patients will be imminently savable or treatable, then you get dropped into the fucking pan of squad medic where you are the deciding factor if wounded survive or not, not even to mention evacing
    It's not possible, unfortunately, otherwise we'd already have done it.

Besides, please keep in mind that everyone has been given a three months heads-up before the timelocks were implemented proper.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    It's not possible, unfortunately, otherwise we'd already have done it.

Besides, please keep in mind that everyone has been given a three months heads-up before the timelocks were implemented proper.
    They were not particularly egregious, other than some weird priorities like Doctor before Researcher.