User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Balancing Non-humans for USMC Enlistment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Balancing Non-humans for USMC Enlistment

Yeah, maybe I'm a tad biased to other severs, but non-humans are really cool to play! Be it filthy, degenerate above-low RP, or some different set of mechanics to play with than the human standard.

I understand that this is a ridiculous amount of spriting, coding, balancing, and implementation. This is not a Gitlab for a reason, I just felt like talking about it.

I'm not including races that would fuck with established gameplay (Non-organics that couldn't be infected, non-humanoids who couldn't wear armor or carry traditional weapons), those that would be regularly and inescapably lynched (read: furries), or those that just wouldn't contribute to the game in any interesting way. (Vox who need to carry around a nitrogen tank, and only really benefit from eating actual garbage and being able to be completely reassembled if shredded).

With that being said, let's 100% add all of these perfectly balanced aliens from:

Baystation
    I believe the adoption of Baystation's Human Variants would be the best bet for easy and believable implementation.
    Grav-Adapted: Strong, durable, slow, clumsy.
    Adapted to life on high-gravity planets, their physiology has been made to compensate.
    ++ Health
    + Bone Durability
    - Speed
    - Take more damage from Oxygen loss and gas, as they need more oxygen to support their bodies.
    - Increased Wield Delay

Space Adapted: Who needs gas masks. . . or bone structure?
    Adapted to life in space, they're better used to handling the constant radiation and asphyxiation associated with such an occupation.
    + Toxin Resistance (Including Neurotoxin).
    + Gas Resistance
    - Bone Durability
    - Health

Tritonians: Diet Grav-Adapted, but like, Seals.
    Heavily modified humans with blubber to defend from the cold, and the harshness of war.
    + Health
    + No need for cold-resistant gear.
    - Speed
    - Metabolism (Hunger increased)

Mules: The name of my Gym is "The Library".
    Weak, feeble, flimsy, but psychically gifted.
    + Don't appear in Xeno-vision (In the see-you-through-walls sense, not a cloak)
    + You can hear and translate the speech of any Xenos on-screen.
    - Health
    - Wield Delay
    - Queen Screech does brain damage to you.
    ~ Tentative: XenoHud?

I will be following-up with the likes of Paradise, /TG/, and Comic Lore later.
    Last edited by Call me Arty; 01-21-2020 at 10:20 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah oh yeah i want my tajarans and unathi too bro...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TeknoKot View Post
    Yeah oh yeah i want my tajarans and unathi too bro...
    I can - and will - negotiate Unathi, but I cannot in good conscience try to pitch Tajarans or Felinids and not expect them to be repeatedly and cruelly shot.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well... It seems it would "invade" each and every part of CM as a server. From established lore, trough mechanics and ending at balance.

The least ammount of "change" would probably be Arcturians who are lore-friendly, but need a bit polishing.
    Alien wiki states they don't have eyes and are at mental capacity of a monkey. Boosting that to the Human level and maybe giving them "crude" eyes that allow them to use gun would be something needed for the concept to not be as stupid (blind shooters) as standard issue santa fuckhats.

We should also have "cyborgs". Humans who were agumented somehow (limbs and organs). Better at one thing, worse at another and we have pretty neat thing.

I belive this would increase RP as it is always fun with more species.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    non-humans bad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Memesky View Post
    non-humans bad
    I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but that is a popular sentiment. I just like the idea of builds that are that much more unique, or at least an extra bit of spice to roleplay.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If were gonna do this, dont just RIP ideas from bay wholesale, think of something closer to the atmosphere, if not the lore, of cm

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    human mutators? as if the last set of mutators wasn't so widely hated as-is.

no thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so when i will be able to play my grey as a marine?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakey View Post
    human mutators? as if the last set of mutators wasn't so widely hated as-is.

no thanks
    Strictly speaking, they're moreso controlled human "Strains" than adding +20% to your Unga stat.