User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Balancing Non-humans for USMC Enlistment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    If were gonna do this, dont just RIP ideas from bay wholesale, think of something closer to the atmosphere, if not the lore, of cm
    Well, we started from Baycode. We have inherited a lot of systems and atmosphere, as Bay - like CM - is moreso grounded in "Science" part of "Science Fiction." Hell, it took three hundred years from Alien for cloning to appear, and it was faulty then, not unlike Baystation.

Point being: Bay focuses on plausible and critters, rather than "A lizard standing on two legs." I don't think seeing Grav or Space adapted humans around would be too odd, especially when you consider that we know about water-worlds with bases for Space Home-Depot to harvest kelp that was seiged by a cult of literal "Bug-Men". While I wouldn't expect them to be wide-spread (especially for the sacrifice of the ever-important speed and minor durability of humans), a token few would be neat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, if we're going to break away from Aliens lore eventually why not just embrace it and start making our own universe. Plus, if the powers at be decide that we would want to maintain a roleplay atmosphere it could be fun to spice things up.

Unfortunately, you're unlikely to find your own level of passion in other devs about this. However, if you've got the aptitude and the patience to work towards it, maybe showcase your skills and apply for a developer position. If other people like it, I think it'd be a worthwhile project to work towards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corocan View Post
    I mean, if we're going to break away from Aliens lore eventually why not just embrace it and start making our own universe. Plus, if the powers at be decide that we would want to maintain a roleplay atmosphere it could be fun to spice things up.

Unfortunately, you're unlikely to find your own level of passion in other devs about this. However, if you've got the aptitude and the patience to work towards it, maybe showcase your skills and apply for a developer position. If other people like it, I think it'd be a worthwhile project to work towards.
    I very much like the idea of making our own universe. The thing is, other servers - which I can rip the stats and sprites from wholesale - have already done the balancing and work for me: I being not-a-coder and an amateur spriter at best. I like the idea of Tetrabrachial Humanoids (Four-armed tribal sorts). The issue is: It is a giant departure from humans, the multi-armed Kidan (whom I really love) don't have their arms account, the multi-armed GAS (whom I really truly love) have a second set of arms that have a whole separate functionality for that second set of arms, I could go on.

If I can't pitch people on the idea of "Humans with a different color with stats slightly upped-and-downed in different ways", I don't have much hope of pitching a version of stronger-than-humans ET #1, stronger-than-humans ET#2, stronger-than-humans ET#3, stronger-than-humans ET#4, or so on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why add the stats? just add the sprites for snowflake reasons. But they all hit, bleed and die as a regular human.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckenshutze View Post
    why add the stats? just add the sprites for snowflake reasons. But they all hit, bleed and die as a regular human.
    Well, you then have the issue of simply adding more face paint to the canteens, or why a man who looks like Thing from the Fantastic Four is strolling around naked with the ultrazine-twitches faster than some runners.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ew, mutants.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add Archturians, they are lore friendly.

Just make them a new whitelist.

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDexFiles View Post

Please no more whitelists, either have them as an option for everyone or no-one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDexFiles View Post

The issue with Arcturians is that we have little to nothing about them, except they have

1. Primate-level intelligence.
    2. No eyes.
    3. A disease that can spread to humans.

So, we have to make up a design, and then implement a blind, disease-ridden monkey to fight along humans. Most other "lore friendly" species (here is a list of all known sentient species) are there to be killed by Humans/Xenomorphs/Predators, and all not-exactly-humans (full list here) suffer a similiar fate.

The reason I began this list with Bay's Human Variants is because they come from a similiarly "We kill horrible space monsters but take it completely seriously" atmosphere, and they at least all have the normal amount of senses and limbs. Changing things from there gets tricky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    Ew, mutants.
    Yum, mutants.

At least they aren't the bug men.