User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Balancing Non-humans for USMC Enlistment

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to be honest, when I first opened the first page I thought the suggestion was to make Black people non-Human and their own race with unique racial statistics.

Being serious, if the addition of non-Human races are added for the Marines, it'll become nothing more than a slippery slope until other, more disturbing, races are added.

For proof, I invite you to check /tg/station's decline into catpeople over the years. I think they removed them though, the point stands.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelpoint View Post
    Going to be honest, when I first opened the first page I thought the suggestion was to make Black people non-Human and their own race with unique racial statistics.

Being serious, if the addition of non-Human races are added for the Marines, it'll become nothing more than a slippery slope until other, more disturbing, races are added.

For proof, I invite you to check /tg/station's decline into catpeople over the years. I think they removed them though, the point stands.
    CM has benos since the beginning and I don't see any degeneracy outside Furscord.
    In terms of SS13 "code", they would be "races", but nothing much in terms of appearance.
    Something like:
    Space born marines, at first glance looking only a bit pale and skinny (maybe), would deal less damage in melee and their bones would break easier, but each would be a bit faster moving around and jumping over cades.

Differences would be minimal, but it would enrich the lore, because it's fricking space and supposedly a big universe. Some people were born in colonies, some were born in space, some maybe vat-grown?

Thanks to that somebody would give a shit. If you now tell (as a marine) that you are space born, nobody cares. If that could have an impact in gameplay, I personally would feel inclined to do something about it. Ask some questions, read the wiki lore.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I like this idea, I dont think full alien races would suit but rather different types of humans who have become suited to dif enviroments. Like belters in the expanse, you could have "spacers" who are slimmer, taller and quicker but take more damage from kinetic force, or high grav people who could be space dorfs. Different maps could give certain buffs or malices to different types of human, Corsat could be especially interesting as each biodome could have different effects

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a critical difference between Xenomorphs and slightly recoloured/textured Humans.

If you really want to add non-Human species as alternative members of the Marines you need to go all out, actual Aliens that are entirely non-Human, not just a Human with fur, or lighter skin/darker skin or slightly smaller or taller or with different ears.

Even then I feel this entire concept detracts from the core of the Aliens universe. Its Aliens and Humans, not Aliens, Humans, Mini Humans, Furry Humans, Weird Humans, Grey Humans, Bug Eyed Humans, etc, etc.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelpoint View Post
    There is a critical difference between Xenomorphs and slightly recoloured/textured Humans.

If you really want to add non-Human species as alternative members of the Marines you need to go all out, actual Aliens that are entirely non-Human, not just a Human with fur, or lighter skin/darker skin or slightly smaller or taller or with different ears.

Even then I feel this entire concept detracts from the core of the Aliens universe. Its Aliens and Humans, not Aliens, Humans, Mini Humans, Furry Humans, Weird Humans, Grey Humans, Bug Eyed Humans, etc, etc.
    At this point, we should go wild with the setting. Keep "Space Nam Marines" anesthetic and lets go from there. Smaller differences are easier to balance and accept. Way more than Standard Issue Santa Fuckhats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the grav and space adapted would be a cool addition if it fit within the lore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CS190 View Post
    I think the grav and space adapted would be a cool addition if it fit within the lore.
    I'm fine with this. Just, for the love of god, don't add any furry shit.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandalore66 View Post
    I'm fine with this. Just, for the love of god, don't add any furry shit.
    Benos are already scalies. Imagine complaining about fur, but then having entire side of the conflict that is a lizard/bug combination that hisses, lays eggs, violently jumps on human face and does naughty thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Benos are already scalies. Imagine complaining about fur, but then having entire side of the conflict that is a lizard/bug combination that hisses, lays eggs, violently jumps on human face and does naughty thing.
    Are you just trolling me, or are you really a furry lover? Like those guys that save pictures of sexy anthropomorphic animals and sometimes dress in huge ugly animal suits with holes under the tail and on the crotch?...

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandalore66 View Post
    Are you just trolling me, or are you really a furry lover? Like those guys that save pictures of sexy anthropomorphic animals and sometimes dress in huge ugly animal suits with holes under the tail and on the crotch?...
    I only dress as a Burrower, then I plant resin holes in my suit, so that Carrier can fill them. Hehe.

Both furry and scalies are the same. Benos are scalies, thus with small equation: Furry = Scalie = Beno.