User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Comprehensive List of Viable Marine Weapons (2020 Jan)

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd argue that CAS/Mortar fire is viable as well, but only if you have a good person lazing and a decent pilot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PogoMarimo View Post
    The problem with this is the FF. It's fine for Unga Dunga's to have M41's and just batter my arm or leg with a shot, but if you have every Unga take a slug shotgun then there'll be missing limbs and headshots happening left and right. Only good players should take shotguns. Plus, the M41 is still the best gun for mid-range DPS output. In situations where your buckshot guys can't push up, you'll be missing out on a lot of potential kills.
    The trouble with mid range damage is you have no way of stopping the xeno walking around a corner when he feels he's had enough bullets for one sitting. If you can't push up, chances are you aren't getting kills.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Telebaton.

Alll day bro

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PogoMarimo View Post
    The problem with this is the FF. It's fine for Unga Dunga's to have M41's and just batter my arm or leg with a shot, but if you have every Unga take a slug shotgun then there'll be missing limbs and headshots happening left and right. Only good players should take shotguns. Plus, the M41 is still the best gun for mid-range DPS output. In situations where your buckshot guys can't push up, you'll be missing out on a lot of potential kills.
    Slugs aren't that powerfull in terms of damage as they used to. Before, you had guaranteed broken bone if slug hits you. Now, if in full health and medium-heavy armor, you won't get much besides raw damage. Buckshot however, if you get unfortunatelly PB'ed (even if not stunned) you will get to the point of organ damage. And there isn't much organs in chest. Your heart will be destroyed so you won't be revived. Buckshot also shoots in wide cone, many young ungas can't predict it and will shoot it when they are one tile vertically "away" from you.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Slugs aren't that powerfull in terms of damage as they used to. Before, you had guaranteed broken bone if slug hits you. Now, if in full health and medium-heavy armor, you won't get much besides raw damage. Buckshot however, if you get unfortunatelly PB'ed (even if not stunned) you will get to the point of organ damage. And there isn't much organs in chest. Your heart will be destroyed so you won't be revived. Buckshot also shoots in wide cone, many young ungas can't predict it and will shoot it when they are one tile vertically "away" from you.
    You don't use buckshot for anything else than PBs, you just don't. There is no FF potential unless you're one handing or shuffling around on help intent like an asshat. Getting brokenhearted isn't a buckshot flaw, afterall it was designed to terminate un-armored threats.

Just try using buck properly and you'll never want to switch again

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchee View Post
    You don't use buckshot for anything else than PBs, you just don't. There is no FF potential unless you're one handing or shuffling around on help intent like an asshat. Getting brokenhearted isn't a buckshot flaw, afterall it was designed to terminate un-armored threats.

Just try using buck properly and you'll never want to switch again
    I got my share of deaths to Sentinels, Spitters, Lurkers and Warriors. Slugs all the way, pinning them down, others are there to PB.

In terms of "Comprehensive List of Viable Marine weapons (for standard unga)" praising Buckshot only means that those baldos will use it more. Not once, or not twice I saw Bald McBaldson trying to PB lurker/runner after pounce only to click on lying marine sprite, or trying to snipe with buckshot. Standard grunt should use Pulse Rifle, be the one to be suppresing bait, not the killing machine. If everyone is a killing machine, nobody is.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    I got my share of deaths to Sentinels, Spitters, Lurkers and Warriors. Slugs all the way, pinning them down, others are there to PB.

In terms of "Comprehensive List of Viable Marine weapons (for standard unga)" praising Buckshot only means that those baldos will use it more. Not once, or not twice I saw Bald McBaldson trying to PB lurker/runner after pounce only to click on lying marine sprite, or trying to snipe with buckshot. Standard grunt should use Pulse Rifle, be the one to be suppresing bait, not the killing machine. If everyone is a killing machine, nobody is.
    if the marine is capable of PBing it was most likely just an accident, missclick or lag. Sniping with buckshot will backfire after the first shot and Pulse rifle in wrong hands, especially on burst fire is a FF log generator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shotgun with buckshot and miniflamer can keep your ground againts a squad of xenos (as long you don’t get stunned)

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckenshutze View Post
    Shotgun with buckshot and miniflamer can keep your ground againts a squad of xenos (as long you don’t get stunned)
    Are xenos afraid of welder fuel flames? As a defender, I don't even care about it, damage is weak, flames doesn't stick to you outside of direct hit and buckshot doesn't have range to protect you from Warrior/Runner/Lurker pounce, or Rav in general.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    M41A MK2 without using AP does a lot of damage unironically. You just have to not be retarded.