User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Marines using Predator Equipment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *charges HPC, btw m8, I was last pred that round reee. Foolish ooman seeking to dishonor end of round reee.
    I think it was Erich, he also had a stool, and I was hesitant about him as well cause... Erich's memes + last pred + end of round + already had good hunt

For real though. The issue with gear recovery isn't necessarily recovering the gear. It's doing it in a way that doesn't require you to go ham on the marines. Marine in FOB. Avoid or go ham. Marine on ship. Well.....shit. You can try but its piss hard and if you get sighted then you get chased by a shit ton of eager marines, to the point where no matter what 'OP' gun, tactics, or weapon you use... you're fucked � and using your gear to fuckup up a ton of people at that point is sucky for them (even if they do IC know the risk)... and still doesn't help your own case because you are still probably gonna die horribly.

I've tried using normal LPC, doesn't stun long enough, MPC only hurts and runs out fast, HPC fucks up but is only one shot. Honestly, I think gotta do it like a band aid because the longer you have to take, the more people that are probably gonna get hurt. It sucks, but unless you're up for fighting the guy... "totally fair" and by that I mean going melee against a guy in pred gear + his shit ton of buddies. Sounds fair, but if you REALISTICALLY want to ACTUALLY recover that gear, it won't work. It'll just attract more attention to the point you either get killed intact, SD, or have to bitch out. HPC, steal the marine, retrieve the gear, return the body. As far as fair for the guy, probably not. Perhaps a warning or two and a few angry translations about returning the gear should be done before going to that point. Still, its probably simplest and safest for all involved because of what can happen should that not be done and the pred still go for it. That or a stun prod, but I have yet to try that method. Also seems a bit riskier.

As for marines. When people look like they're viewing me as a lootbox then act on it... ya'll know the risk... and I'm sure you love it. Poor Chance, just seeking the glorious 1 vs 1 pred kills yet he shall never get them.

As for xenos. Piss poor RP there m8. Don't walk up and caress me dammit. You know what you did when if go after you for it.
    Last edited by Vispainius; 01-15-2019 at 11:45 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    real talk

any predator that thinks he is honorable in fighting marines 1 v 1 while wearing full armor + wrist scrims can eat a PB buckshot for all i care

honor code is dumb as fuck considering it allows you to kill marines with full armor + predator's powerful melee weapons against baldie marines with boot knives or a machete at best (if its an actual duel)

real OG predators take off their armor and use their honorary knife to duel but i RARELY see this happen; its usually a predator laughing or roaring in the dark, pointing at you, then pulling out his SWORD or GLAIVE or WRIST SCIMS while in full armor

at that point you deserve to get shot as a predator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vispainius View Post
    *charges HPC, btw m8, I was last pred that round reee. Foolish ooman seeking to dishonor end of round reee.
    I think it was Erich, he also had a stool, and I was hesitant about him as well cause... Erich's memes + last pred + end of round + already had good hunt

As for marines. When people look like they're viewing me as a lootbox then act on it... ya'll know the risk... and I'm sure you love it. Poor Chance, just seeking the glorious 1 vs 1 pred kills yet he shall never get them.
    whenever I see predators interacting with people I usually try not to fuck up the interaction if they're just RPing but I could just tell you were sketched out and didn't want to do anything, so I wanted my KILL

whenever you face me without your pathetic little pistols or overcompensating casters, you will falter and DIE, every single time. come forth, lootbox, and give me your spoils
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh god oh fuck

Lol

But fr, I was sketched out af
    Two guys with the knockdown and knockout king weapons
    Last edited by Vispainius; 01-16-2019 at 08:20 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    because hunter trapping a crusher is the funniest thing

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kineem View Post
    : )

i still remember the time you weren't going to interact with somebody just because i showed up, so i ran up to you with a stool in my hand then whacked you and watched as you just ran to the edge of the screen then gunned me down with a plasma pistol like i was a man in detroit wearing the wrong colors

i think predators shouldn't actually be forced to recover pred gear because if you walk around with your gear on you'll just get murdered. hiding in a FOB is a surefire way to make it out alive, because predators can't fight you without massacring a gigantic group of marines if you hide like a little bitch. that isn't fun for the predators that are forced to recover gear and it isn't fun for the human who just got cool gear

if you're not a robusto chad who knows what he's doing, you literally just shouldn't take pred gear because you will die horrifically in the span of ten minutes and what gain you possibly could get from it isn't worth putting yourself in so much danger
    Preds should absolutley have to retrieve lost pred tech. The Yautja are of the mind that they're superior in every way to every other species. Lesser species should never be allowed to get their pleb hands on superior Yautja tech.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
    Preds should absolutley have to retrieve lost pred tech. The Yautja are of the mind that they're superior in every way to every other species. Lesser species should never be allowed to get their pleb hands on superior Yautja tech.
    the problem is that it has no gameplay reason to exist, it's not fun for the predator recovering the gear OR the shipside crew

which is a valid concern - i'll bring this up
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattAtlas View Post
    the problem is that it has no gameplay reason to exist, it's not fun for the predator recovering the gear OR the shipside crew

"Gameplay reason"? What is the gameplay reason to have briefing? None, we are going trough "lore reasons", otherwise it would be even more LRP than it is now.
    Gameplay reason to have preds at all? Nuisance that distracts from main goal of killing opposite side.
    I guess if pred didn't find recovering gear by force fun, then there are multiple things that don't involve mass killings.
    Like a deal with Command to hunt an elder T3 in order to exchange it's corpse for what is lost.
    You can act as friendly pred who respect marines just to get closer to the gear, take it back and flee.
    You can demand honor duel, or something.

If you can't succeed in recovering tech, then I guess you could pray to Pred gods, or send pred fax to get special recovery team, or something.
    There is no gameplay reason for preds to casually walk among xenos, yet it's as valid as eating tofu from vendors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    "Gameplay reason"? What is the gameplay reason to have briefing? None, we are going trough "lore reasons", otherwise it would be even more LRP than it is now.
    except having orders is kinda necessary for first deployment

predators thinking they are superior to humans doesn't necessarily translate into "They cannot have our equipment" because a clan sword is still just a sword at the end of the day.

When a predator got his gear stolen by mafia members in a comic none of the other predators lifted a finger to get the gear back. meanwhile predators in game have to go through enormous hassle to recover gear, forced to stop roleplaying or stop hunting all because some dumbass let himself get killed, and it often takes up a predator's entire round to recover the gear while majorly disrupting shipside staff in the process

gameplay is far more important than any lore concerns. making it recommended but not mandatory to recover lost gear would be far better for predators
    Last edited by Kineem; 01-17-2019 at 12:41 AM.
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattAtlas View Post

We're still an RP server, and the pred role is a heavy RP role. No pred would willingly allow their tech to get lost or stolen, we know this as it's in the lore.