User Tag List

Thread: SleepySquidd - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SleepySquidd - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    SleepySquidd
    Character Name?
    Sarai Ward
    Type of Ban?
    Discord Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    N/A
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Sargash
    Total Ban Duration
    Perma
    Remaining Duration
    Perma
    What other servers do you play on?
    None regularly
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    No
    Reason for Ban
    Insulting another discord member after being warned to stop
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    I'd like to apologize to those I offended with the messages I sent. Somewhere around 6-ish months ago I had heard a rumor regarding one of the players in the community that I had a bad standing with and proceeded to insult them over it. I hadn't really thought about my behavior itself during the incident and nor did I take into account the feelings of the player and staff. I was warned by a staff member to knock off the behavior that I thought was within the bounds of what was acceptable given what I had seen in the community. I also had insulted the staff member who asked me to stop it as well due to personal issues with them, as well.

Looking back at my actions I regret disregarding the staff warning and proceeding despite being told to stop. I also apologize to anyone who I offended with the messages I sent. The player didn't find it humorous, nor was it, and for that I apologize. I'd appreciate a second chance to be a part of this community again as I had taken a break from the game itself after the ban. During that time I looked back and realized I was in the wrong in this situation, and would like to be a part of the community again, not just play the game.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been assigned for the Discord Staff to discuss.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. I'm the lad that banned you. I can't actually find anywhere where you insulted me. You did throw a lot of shit around though.

I can't unban you, but I think you should be. However, I ask that you read a few words. I fully understand where you were coming from, you were getting shit at the time but decided to instead doll out what you were getting instead of working with us to crack down on the.. Attacks you and others were taking. Instead you chose to attack another player of the community over a very very... Debated point. You were passionate. You were angry. I would have honestly unbanned you a long time ago had you come back, if it were up to me. Because I understood that. I fully believe that you've had your time to cool down.

I do want you to understand that if you are asked to chill out, take a step away. Go brush your teeth, make a sammich, then send me our some of the other lads in purple a message, and we'll work with you. But you gotta let us know. We don't see every damn thing. Let us know, let us put on our boots for someone else. We don't see everything. Their are 3,482 people on the discord, and I'm too lazy to count the channels. We can't see everything. It's up to you to report shit that we miss, it's not up to you to go and attack the assholes.

+1. I'd like to see that passion directed towards fun in our game and hopefully improving the community.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    approved.