0 Thread(s)

Novacti - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Novacti

Marine Name
    Odell Cromwell / Johnny Swindle

Other Whitelist Applications
    //showthrea...er-Application -CO app (DENIED)

//showthrea...er-Application -CO app (APPROVED)

//showthrea...ja-Application -PRED app (DENIED)

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Payne

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    A W-Y synthetic unit can only perform combat under these conditions;

When the situation is regarding a threat is non-human, or is already declared to be a hostile faction, marine law does not apply to them, meaning that they synth can terminate them if necessary.

Self-defence is permitted, ONLY if directly attacked and/or the threat is targeting those/an area you are supposed to protect provided that assistance cannot arrive in time. This does not apply in an area that could be perceived as the Frontlines. If a marine is downed at the frontlines, I am allowed to drag them to safety and perform medical care but not attack the entity that attacked the marine unless it directly attacks me.

I am not to obey orders that include any offensive actions.

I must not chase a target that I am engaging too far.

During mutinies, I can either choose to not take part, and act as a non-combat role like medical during mutinies or take command’s side. However, when and if I choose to take command’s side, my main task is to keep the commanding officer and CIC staff alive and not to seek the mutineers out and terminate them. If I choose to not take a side during a mutiny, I am also allowed to not follow orders.

However, when the alert level has reached delta, a synthetic unit is allowed to go all-out. All combat restrictions are removed.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

AAA

^
    That was to fulfil the character minimum

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Payne's a bit of a cynic, he has little faith in humanity and personally dislikes people just in general. He sometimes engages in some cheeky banter with others to an extent, especially when they fail or do something that is illogical. He likes to mess around with the human psyche, employing Freudian psychoanalytic theory during his endeavours and he considers himself an Epistemologist. Despite the blunt facade, Payne can *sometimes* be courteous and nice.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    Quite; I play a LOT of squad engineer/CE, Engineering is my second most played department, just after command. I know how to hack the ASRS console/EVERYTHING, fix and repair various items like APC's and SMES cells, set up Tcomms, beat the ever living shit outta xenoes with the power loader, load OB's with it and construct a well designed FOB.

How familiar are you with Command?
    VERY. I'm a command main, the most hours I have on any role is CO. I know the CIC comms console and OW console inside out. Though I do know that synths are not supposed to command, but they can if it’s an order. However, synthetics lack squad support capabilities that SO’s can perform, like firing OB’s.
    XO's stop stealing my fucking rifle. Damn freeloaders.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I can perform surgery independently, still a little new to ghetto surgery but I know the basics. Can identify pills and bottles by colour and can make pump out chems like the slave I am. Also, I triage all MP's I see black.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I prep supply crates quickly and send them at a moment's notice, although I don't vent attachments as fast as I would like. I understand how ASRS works and how to *NOT* open OB crates. I pack magazine boxes to not waste points on them and pack bags containing useful items. I'm also very active on comms, as my command experience demands. Those who've played with me know I do an OMEGA BRAIN to help remember co-ords, allowing me to easily recall and relay every coordinate I've received.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I wanna be proficient every skill at once, so I can be useful to all departments and do everything. Also get my head re-attached and then revived, then laugh at marines who can't get their head re-attached and subsequently revived.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    Nup

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really liked the story, it's pretty unique and it keeps me reading.

Other than that you are known as a generally good player and I don't think you will have any problems being a synthetic as you never had problems as a Captain I believe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good application amazing player and a moderator good luck on getting whitelisted. +1
    Aden Cooper

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a fan of the quirk.. seems like you are going to be snarky and arguementative under the justification that people are being illogical. Synths shouldnt "sometimes" be nice.. we are nice.

Other minor point is that you cant identify pills by color, they randomize each round. Only the bottles stay color coordinated.

Finally, I get that some of your responses are jokey, but obviously you should never "laugh at marines" because they are dead or black tag MPs.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Memesky @Critilius Thank you.

@BeardedWall

I don't have to be nice to get the job done. As long as I'm not explicitly insulting marines. Payne values efficiency and talking takes time. Being nice to marines may promote such when deemed necessary. Otherwise, it's going professional, brisk and cold. None of that lovey-dovey stuff.

The pills bit was my bad, you're right. It's the bottles.

Applying a triage card doesn't do much, other than to show to others that someone's dead. If a MP's walking around with a black, it's obvious that they're not dead. The only time when this'll become a problem is if they're downed and others may think they're dead. I get that it's not very professional, but jokes are allowed. Sure jokes may hinder some people, but it can improve morale, and good morale improves efficiency.

As with laughing at dead marines, that was a complete joke. If Payne was going to comment about dead marines it would probably be about the fragility of the human race or something. Or their self-destructive tendency.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Bearded, synths are designed to help the humans and therefore need to be nice with everyone. "he has little faith in humanity and personally dislikes people just in general", you shouldn't dislike humans as a robot, you should interact with them and roleplay, but not telling them face to face that humanity is, for example, going to end soon and things like that, it will make them feel more depressed than they are(in RP, of course) and lower morale. Also, triage cards are actually useful, doctors can see who's, for example, in a critical condition, about to burst or just has some ribs shattered. The layout of the story is original and I like it, made me actually interested in it. You're a good player and RPer, good in support roles even tho I've seen you play more in command, but I am sure you will do a fine synth. +1

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ladwhy

Disliking humanity does not prevent RP. If it does not instigate arguments or discontent, then it will not cause a decline in efficiency. I do not have to actively insult others to imply I a negative opinion of them. It can be subtle and hidden, but can still be unearthed by RP and dialogue. In the story, I've made it clear that Payne is not enthusiastic about humanity, however, there are attributes of humans that he does respect.

A synthetic's lack of belief in humanity does not need to be translated into others, it's merely a personal belief that they hold that is displayed through their interactions. Payne does not see a point in persuading others to share that belief, as in doing so, that will cause inefficiency.

In canon, it shows that human crews have a lack of regard for what a synthetic unit believes and their opinions, generally not caring about what a synth thinks. Most of them treating and regarding them like objects, (which Payne is aware of and doesn't mind). Further decreasing the chance that a member of crew will get demoralized by a synthetic's view of the human race.

Disliking humans also does not prevent me from doing my job. Orders are orders, and Payne's a robot made to obey those orders.

And yeah. I did say the triaging part was an absolute joke. I know what they're for and what they indicate. The reason I included that part was to indicate that 1. I know how to use triages and that they exist. 2. I have a sense of humour (however bad it may be)

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review my application and story.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The story was fairly good, except you wrote "USMC" which is pretty treasonous, but I'll let it slide. Your quirk was very aggressive in it and maybe a tad too much, so I do expect you to turn down the aggression in game, at least towards command. Privates can take a beating, but dont antagonize command. Quirk is fine otherwise, it can create some fun rp situations in downtime.

Your name doesn't stand out to me, so I cant vouch for any IC competence, but two others have done that, so all is set.

"However, when the alert level has reached delta, a synthetic unit is allowed to go all-out. All combat restrictions are removed. " Be wary with this, the combat restrictions are lessened and you are still expected to fulfill your task as a support role first, if there is no need for your support, then you can go do what you need to do.

But yeah +1
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Vampmare

Oof, crap. My bad. USCM.

I'll make sure the quirk is kept in check and will keep in mind what you said about synthetics during alert level delta.

I would like to display my appreciation for you taking the time and effort to read and reply to my application.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like the quirk, but as long as you're careful then you'll be fine. +1
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.