Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: My take on CM midgame and some ways how to avoid it

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spookydonut View Post
    A lot of the xeno strains are things that were intended to make the game more varied but instead just added new ways of making it stale and more annoying, see hedgehog and various boiler changes
    The hefa boiler was beaten to death by the nerf bat and is considered a griefing strain, you pick it and then ghost giving it to some poor bastard. Railgun at least can break cades and make engies cry in the corner. Both pale in comparison to gassing.

Hedgehog is just so werid, it basically the spin-slash rav with an annoying range slow that can DoT if you move. Honestly only reason it picked is becuase the ol rav is now just a glass cannon of glass cannons and the base stain is... lolwtf get that out of here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This poll is retarded as it's inherently biased as it never actually polls, "Do you enjoy metarushes as a Xeno."

It's just polling if you enjoy frontline combat. But, with this title, the implication in the wording implies you that either you enjoy frontline combat (what the fuck do you think most people enjoy) *and thus* metarushes (the implied message) or dislike frontline combat (metarushes) and prefer some dumb idea that's not viable on a large scale

If you are in the hive destroying the queen and eggs and uprooting the entire hive at only 12:20 (5. Minutes. In), yeah you metarushed. No matter what.

it used to be 13:00 was when marines could get into the hive and it not be a meta rush. Then the bar lowered. Deployment time didn't really lower. We still deploy often at 12:20 or 12:25 or even 12:30. And yet I now see hives wiped out even earlier, first at 12:40 and now at 12:30... even. That's ridiculous.

"Chasing", "Dumb xenos". Whatever you want to call it, that's not good design for metarushes to be called legitimate even only 5 minutes in post-drop.
    Which brings me to another thing.
    Ya'll can argue Dumb Xenos or Chasing or whatever you want. It works sometimes and its legit. But a lot of the time, and its happened more in recent months, its claimed when there is no real basis.

So on that note, reflect.
    "Xeno just bad at game" isn't a good argument for why the entire hive is getting wiped out at 12:20 or 12:25 or 12:30.

You can argue game design sure. But not purely off player skill. Not as a "rule of thumb"
    Last edited by Vispainius; 02-12-2020 at 06:01 AM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vispainius View Post
    This poll is retarded as it's inherently biased as it never actually polls, "Do you enjoy metarushes as a Xeno."

It's just polling if you enjoy frontline combat. But, with this title, the implication in the wording implies you that either you enjoy frontline combat (what the fuck do you think most people enjoy) *and thus* metarushes (the implied message) or dislike frontline combat (metarushes) and prefer some dumb idea that's not viable on a large scale

If you are in the hive destroying the queen and eggs and uprooting the entire hive at only 12:20 (5. Minutes. In), yeah you metarushed. No matter what.

it used to be 13:00 was when marines could get into the hive and it not be a meta rush. Then the bar lowered. Deployment time didn't really lower. We still deploy often at 12:20 or 12:25 or even 12:30. And yet I now see hives wiped out even earlier, first at 12:40 and now at 12:30... even. That's ridiculous.

"Chasing", "Dumb xenos". Whatever you want to call it, that's not good design for metarushes to be called legitimate even only 5 minutes in post-drop.
    Which brings me to another thing.
    Ya'll can argue Dumb Xenos or Chasing or whatever you want. It works sometimes and its legit. But a lot of the time, and its happened more in recent months, its claimed when there is no real basis.

So on that note, reflect.
    "Xeno just bad at game" isn't a good argument for why the entire hive is getting wiped out at 12:20 or 12:25 or 12:30.

You can argue game design sure. But not purely off player skill. Not as a "rule of thumb"
    With Ancient T3's at 12:40 you can benomain all you want and it won't be true. Screeching "METARUSH" for anything than full deployment at 12:15 is retarded at this point.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >xeno bad at the game invalid argument
    >2x 2x2 chokepoints

??????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    With Ancient T3's at 12:40 you can benomain all you want and it won't be true. Screeching "METARUSH" for anything than full deployment at 12:15 is retarded at this point.
    I mean, the issue with Metarush is basically strictly Xenos being too weak early in the game, then instead of just making them stronger earlier the Devs tried a bunch of other shenanigans to prevent it. Now that they mature much faster, Metarush won't be an issue, though we'll see how the overall balance actually is once the meta resolves into focus.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PogoMarimo View Post
    I mean, the issue with Metarush is basically strictly Xenos being too weak early in the game, then instead of just making them stronger earlier the Devs tried a bunch of other shenanigans to prevent it. Now that they mature much faster, Metarush won't be an issue, though we'll see how the overall balance actually is once the meta resolves into focus.
    What "Meta" is in reaching Ancient T3's at 12:40? What is it there to "resolve" into focus? Nothing new was added for everyone to stop using it after a while like Pulse Carabine for example, or Defender/Warrior when they were first introduced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    What "Meta" is in reaching Ancient T3's at 12:40? What is it there to "resolve" into focus? Nothing new was added for everyone to stop using it after a while like Pulse Carabine for example, or Defender/Warrior when they were first introduced.
    We don't know what the standard round length will be, whether Marines will continue trying to do early assaults or switch to fortified FOBs, or any number or other things. Any change in balance can bring a change in meta.

You're always so fucking contrarian just for the sake of contrarianism. It's fucking awful.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't know what the standard round length will be, whether Marines will continue trying to do early assaults or switch to fortified FOBs, or any number or other things. Any change in balance can bring a change in meta.

You're always so fucking contrarian just for the sake of contrarianism. It's fucking awful.
    Either it will be direct opposite: Marines will try to launch before, because earlier, the biggest answer to "Why metarush is bad?" was "It's because when Xenos the weakest and marines the strongests".
    Now xenos aren't weakest when you are C4'ing Lambda Podlocks at 12:30, most of T3's are Elders then. So you can explain launch at 12:15 with that xenos aren't really weak by this time.

Or it will be that: Marine will turtle from the start. No scouting on maps that aren't LV (without any gaps of course). It will be all big ass autism forts and marines prying to not die too fast.

Rounds now end 13:25 at max and why is that? Because Xenos easly camp CBT on caves/underground/etc till 12:40 hits, so they have ancient T3's, then they push and general evac is called around 13:00. In next in-game 5 minutes benos hijack and then at best marines hold till the Almayer timer goes down.

Each and every of those ways that current gameplay can evolve is bad. Either Autismo Fort that benos will cry and salt (despite breaking it every time), or Evacs around 13:00, barerly a bit longer than "standard" prep time that usually means drop at 12:25.
    You know what xenos screeched when marines were at caves in 13:00? METARUSH! You know what benos screech when they have broken FoB around 13:00 and marines evacuated? METAEVAC! GIT GOOD! METARUSH FOR XENOS DOESN'T EXIST!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought marine turtling was widely derided by xenos mains for the somewhat understandable reason of being absolute alt tab level boredom if you aren't one of the ~5 castes that can actually contribute meaningfully in an FOB assault. Same for "metaevacs", where marines evac after xenos breach the FOB despite having lost only a fraction of their strength, which forces xenos to try to deal with the most of the marine force on the Alamayar.

And last I checked, the only viable strategies for marines since basically forever have been to do balls to the wall pushes or turtle up and whittle xenos down through skirmishing, specs and fire support. There has never really been a third option ever. This update has just swung the pendulum heavily in the direction of "MegaFOB into metaevac".