8 10.39%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My take on CM midgame and some ways how to avoid it

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah without being able to CAS or mortar you need to have some VERY robust specs or marines with nade launchers to even have a chance of clearing a choke from cancerous boilers with their entourage of ravagers and defenders and warriors.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, both sides are really really good on the defense; perhaps a bit too good. For xeno, it's Boiler+Hedgehog Rav+chokepoints+queen screech that just stop every single attempt to push a chokepoint without CAS/OB/Mortar dead on its track. For marines, it's the myriad of cades combined with xeno side only having like 4 good siege xeno which has been mentioned above. The rest either just goes back and forth slashing cades or just tries to find some fun left during the FOB siege.

I also dislike the admin's way of handling metarushes, especially on maps like Prison and Big Red. Spawning in more xeno and delaying the round aren't fun. If xeno can't even defend big red properly with the 2 tile chokes at podlocks, the myriads of chokes and corners and tight hallways in ETA/Lambda, and the 50 chokes in the caves; they should be punished. Prison is literally just "Walk west" as marine, and "Walk east" as xeno. Don't punish the marines if they do the only thing they CAN do, which is walk west. Don't blame the players, blame the game (or in this case, the map)

Right now, I think we need to do 2 things. Firstly, staff needs to talk and think really really hard about how long does xeno need to properly defend. For me, it's 12:40 on LV (put a fog with no gaps and make it drop by that time) since you want to invest time in both tfort+containers and caves; 12:35 on Big Red because xeno should have Mature T3 by that point and big red has plenty of chokes to defend; 12:35 on Prison because it's literally "walk west simulator" for marines and you can just use the old timed blast doors with a timer that unlocks every blast door (remove the buttons that let you close blast doors). On Trijent/Ice/CORSAT/Soro; marine push is slowed as fuck already by the map and xeno have a shit ton of space to maneuver around, so marines can land by 12:15 for all I care. Secondly, staff should really stop trying to stall out the game by spawning in shit that just purely helps out xeno (because they sure as hell don't do the same for marines). The game is over, just let it be over so we can move onto a new round. The xeno player base will probably vote something like Ice/Soro anyway and stall next game by themselves

But, if you think differently, just change the DS time lock (12:25 or 12:30 is more than enough time for xeno to do their thing). And once you've decided on a good time for the lock to end, that's it. No more spawning xeno, spawning walls/artificial gaps.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My issue is, metarushes make 30 minutes of preparing to drop, dropping and doing the usual first objectives wasted, as the round can be finished within 15 to 20 minutes at that.

It's happened before and it just puts me off playing ground marine.

I like intense, hard earned wins, not boring steamrolls, we could just buff aliens and let metarushes happen. As it'd be more earned than as it is currently.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just get a sword and cut through this. Either have maps have a system like LV that prevent Meta Rush, or change/update the way Xenos play by doing away tier 2s or giving Xenos a 3:1 spawn rate ( or 2).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bring back Feweh's snake spam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said this before, but if we gave Xenos who start at the round Elder status right away we remove the problem of metarushes since they'd be on par with the marines right away. Also it punishes Xenos for dying like idiots when new Xenos still have to go through the normal wait game.

Basically, having the hive start with veteran Xenos would probably help (it also might make Xenos more aggressive since they don't have to wait in the caves to mature at round start).

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spookydonut View Post
    A rare good post by Avalanche.
    return and remove tank please I beg you help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta wait for Neth to burnout first since he doesn't want me involved in any way at all.
    Spooky I'd love to see you back as a dev even with your periodic power trips.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta wait for Neth to burnout first since he doesn't want me involved in any way at all.
    #SecondChanceForSpookyDonut

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spooky seemed pretty based from what I saw of him on DMCA.