• I play marine and I dislike moving frontlines, I'd prefer X

8 10.39%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: My take on CM midgame and some ways how to avoid it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like I said the solution is simple: both sides need to be at a disadvantage defending. Marines have CAS OB Mortar to punish defensive play (it just needs to be available on every tile). Xenos are pretty gimped now as a faction and thats coming from a marine main (me). I suggest that tier 3s be retardedly good at destroying barricades to put marine defense at a disadvantage and maybe some other buffs to make em not like.. what 30% winrate?

Only dumb roleplayers actually like le epic sieges because they pretend things are happening when they arent.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinking about all this, this whole thread is just a rant that boilers exist. No boilers aren't stopping marines from pushing, anyone with a nade can dislodge the fat gas bag and just push in pass the choke. Yes they can be cancer, but so is CAS, mortar, and OB. This is alien version of artillery and if it isnt apparent this is why games don't usually have artillery or make them useless, because artillery is cancer that kills you from 10000 screens away and you can't do shit. Know why we have it? Because we love the milsim of having that sweet ass fire support kill shit. Snipers are hated, artillery is hated, everyone hates anything which takes away from mindlessly getting into a moshpit of blood and guts and beating the shit out of the other guy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Thinking about all this, this whole thread is just a rant that boilers exist. No boilers aren't stopping marines from pushing, anyone with a nade can dislodge the fat gas bag and just push in pass the choke. Yes they can be cancer, but so is CAS, mortar, and OB. This is alien version of artillery and if it isnt apparent this is why games don't usually have artillery or make them useless, because artillery is cancer that kills you from 10000 screens away and you can't do shit. Know why we have it? Because we love the milsim of having that sweet ass fire support kill shit. Snipers are hated, artillery is hated, everyone hates anything which takes away from mindlessly getting into a moshpit of blood and guts and beating the shit out of the other guy.
    This is your brain on roleplay. Absolute delusion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the problem with boilers isn't that they kill you from offscreen, the problem is that they vomit gas that sticks around and denies an area for an extended period of time and murders you to death if you go into it at all. Which means that, while boilers are pretty good at disrupting marine defensive positions(which is I think what they are mostly designed to do) they are also extremely, unnecessarily good at preventing marine advances. One boiler can make pushing through a chokepoint almost impossible. Two boilers coordinating can make it literally impossible. If those two boilers are underneath a CAS proof roof, and have a couple of xenos to meatshield them from snipers, well, you aren't getting through any time soon.

That's the problem: they're too good on the defensive and the marine tools for dealing with them when they dig in like that simply do not work in some areas of the map. The obvious solutions to this are either A: map every map entirely CAS vulnerable or B: make boilers worse at holding chokepoints by either nerfing their gas or replacing it with something that doesn't linger, like that weird acid shrapnel blast strain they have, but which is still good at taking down barricades and defensive positions.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and an other thing, you know what everyone loves LV. It is the ultimate CBT hell. Like try east cave entrance, not one not two there can be SIX INSTANCES OF CBT AREAS FOR MARINES TO GO THROUGH. And what is the most picked map? The most balanced map? The beloved map? People want CBT, they desire it. If people didnt want boiler hell they can vote for prison, trijent, or even big red where the caves can be CASed. I can add Ice underground is pure suffering but this will known, sorask... Ice 2.0 is just a map for aliens to pick to dunk on marines, and corsat only omega can't be CASed because the place is so dam tight CASing it would be practically a war crime/marine win rate is high enough or something on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and an other thing, you know what everyone loves LV. It is the ultimate CBT hell. Like try east cave entrance, not one not two there can be SIX INSTANCES OF CBT AREAS FOR MARINES TO GO THROUGH. And what is the most picked map? The most balanced map? The beloved map? People want CBT, they desire it. If people didnt want boiler hell they can vote for prison, trijent, or even big red where the caves can be CASed. I can add Ice underground is pure suffering but this will known, sorask... Ice 2.0 is just a map for aliens to pick to dunk on marines, and corsat only omega can't be CASed because the place is so dam tight CASing it would be practically a war crime/marine win rate is high enough or something on it.
    Why would you say something so controversial yet so brave?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I explained why people like LV in the thread you're currently responding to.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchee View Post
    I explained why people like LV in the thread you're currently responding to.
    And I said why LV is one of the worst maps for CBT, big red wouldve been up there too but you can at least CAS the boilers with flares. Can't CAS, cant mortar, cant siege with a tank, only pure ugna/pushing like ideots on LV. Eastern caves on LV are basically impossible to take and to take them usually means GG for the aliens as most areas pale in comparison to defend.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the real solution is make a map that is 30x30 and at 15 minutes everyone gets spawned into one side of the map and the map is completely empty then we just charge and murder each other.

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of the xeno strains are things that were intended to make the game more varied but instead just added new ways of making it stale and more annoying, see hedgehog and various boiler changes