User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Share your Marine load outs for me to try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Medic:

Weapon: Pfft, what weapon?

Armor Slot: Gamer-8 Fannypack with Analyzer, Bica, Kelo

Lifesaver with preference, usually I bring 1 extra of Bica\Kelo/Tram plus some splints and an extra trauma/burn kit, and top it off with two customs (usually TB and KD)

Medical Pouch with Bica, Kelo, Trama

Autoinjector Pouch with pens of choice, including the ones from the Lifesaver. Usually I bring extra epi sticks because fuck rav victims and fuck tank ff victims

Satchel with Defibs and extra random stuff, according to preference

AFAK in Satchel with extra kits and splints

Brown/Black Webbing with two rollerbeds, an oxy pen, and whatever else

Light Armor with MRE and Medevac stretcher

Helmet with uno car-INJECTORS, usually an oxy and an inaprov in my case.

The key isnt to be fighting. Its to be a medic. Your role name isnt Combat Medic, its Squad Medic, and Ive been trying a lot of these "pacifist" builds lately. It helps that Im not distracted by a gun and the gnawing urge in the back of my brain to UNGA DUNGA FIRE AT LURKER but instead can focus on fighting death itself...with TB, hopefully.

And, lets be real here...your BODY is the weapon. Bodyblock Crusher charges. Grab Warrior victims away. Pull marines off of acid tiles. Even if Im going to die soon, I can pop an oxy and keep trucking - Once I drop, someone else will just pick me up. Usually.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwuhja View Post
    Snip
    Drop your KD or some of the Epi sticks, get some Dex+. Nothing saves lives like dex+.

Find a gasping marine, give him 1 bica pill and a dex+ and they will go from gasping to awake in no time. Also keeps people with critical blood or busted lungs awake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    Drop your KD or some of the Epi sticks, get some Dex+. Nothing saves lives like dex+.

Find a gasping marine, give him 1 bica pill and a dex+ and they will go from gasping to awake in no time. Also keeps people with critical blood or busted lungs awake.
    Ill try that, actually. Drop one or two of my epis for two Dex+ sticks and see what happens (i dont want to be in chem hell for longer than is neccessary)
    Dont get me wrong, I KNOW its saved lives...but usually Im busy fighting patients with 175 brute rather than 175 oxy, so I dont need the sticks for them.
    But Ill still listen to you since I bring more epis because of personal preference. Ill see what happens, thanks for the tip!

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwuhja View Post
    Ill try that, actually. Drop one or two of my epis for two Dex+ sticks and see what happens (i dont want to be in chem hell for longer than is neccessary)
    Dont get me wrong, I KNOW its saved lives...but usually Im busy fighting patients with 175 brute rather than 175 oxy, so I dont need the sticks for them.
    But Ill still listen to you since I bring more epis because of personal preference. Ill see what happens, thanks for the tip!
    For clarity (and if you did not know the mechanics) a marine with over 150 damage will "gasp" and slowly build up 02 damage until they die at -100% health (200 damage). The closer they are to the -100%, the faster the o2 damage builds

When you defib someone, it heals all of their o2 damage immediately.

So the use is as follows. You find a marine who has 155 brute damage, and has been gasping so he is at 155 brute and 41 o2 damage. (-96% health).

If you just give them a bica pill, the rate at which they heal the brute damage is going to be slower than the 02 build up and they will die. This wastes your time as you now have to pull off armor, then defib.. etc.

Instead hit them with your dex+ and bica immediately (I also bandage one wound to buy a buffer). This will near instantly cure the 02 damage, and with the bica running they will drop below the 150 damage threshold and be out of danger of dying.

You can quickly stablize mulitple people in a row by just dex+ and a bica pill.

Bonus- dex+ pills are some of the easiest pills to make in the game. Its just a bottle of dexalin from the vendor, iron and carbon.

Soapbox rant over
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Squad Leader - Enforcer
    *Large General Pouch, with your SL shit (C4,Binos, FE)
    *MedKit Pouch with an Medkit + a Medhud
    *Black Webbing + 7 Buckshot
    *M37 with Gyro, Rail Ligh, Bayonet (Only used for Poing Blank, i literally have almost 30 kills with it).
    *HPR With Harness and Agrip for supressing chokepoints.
    *MD on the belt slot (So i won't get jumped out of nowhere and killed)

Im not gonna lie, you gotta be kinda robust to score kills with this one, most of my actual kills (where i actually personally killed the xeno with almost no help) were with the shotgun at point blank range.