Evan Stelf
    Their BYOND Key
    forest2001
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    Around 1 or 2 PM Central US time
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Enforcement of Rules
    Description of the incident
    I was a survivor, we were able to get into secure storage on LV map when a xeno we were fighting just outside regurgitated a monkey and fled or died. That monkey sitting feet outside our secure, we brought it inside and made a nice bed for it. Later on, there was two more monkeys sititng outside our base, in tackled position so they couldn't move. Throughout this time we were fighting xenos and ICly I wanted to save the monkeys for their demise. We had a total of three monkeys safe with us, only three. Later on I was contacted by ChainsawMullet who questioned me about the monkeys, I told him they needed help and we brought them in. We were NOT HUNTING FOR MONKEYS, OR KILLING MONKEYS. I was told this was Powergaming and looking at the rules, " Do not abuse bugs or unintended features to gain an advantage for yourself or your team" I was not abusing any bugs or unintended features to give me an advantage, I dragged 3 helpless monkeys inside the dome. I had justification to bring them in. I was then told I was going to be noted for powergaming due to this and was told to make a player report if I did not agree with his reason. I went to staff help and asked on where to contest this and Forest told me that he was the one that authorized the note, so instead of filing a staff report on ChainsawMullet I will be reporting Forest for the contested note.

I personally do not think I was ruining the round or extremely changing how the round was going to turn out by saving some unfortunate monkeys. I did not hunt for monkeys and drag them all across the map and hide them. This is 3 monkeys we are talking about, and I was noted for powergaming for helping 3 monkeys? I was told via the mod messages that I was intentionally harming the xenos by hiding monkeys. I had IC justification to save them. If xenos really wanted them, we were right there, able to be seized and attacked if they put their minds together and assaulted our base. The only thing I would even have the slightest comprehension would be this being a metagaming note, but survivors KNOW what happens to people that get infected by xenos. Seeing a few, easy to get, helpless, monkeys waiting to be taken to the tunnel would be easily justified to be helped. I've heard of people being questioned about killing monkeys, and that is something I absolutely agree with being punished. Me taking three monkeys outside our base to protect them is not allowed either? I am just so confused on how I would know that protecting a few monkeys just outside my base classifies as powergaming.

One thing I saw in the staff enforcement policies is that do not heckle players for every little thing. This seems like something was that extremely small and is laughable, in my opinion.

I also rarely, if ever, use this forum so contacting me on discord via Carl Trent (Stupid Elf) on discord would be a lot quicker most likely, thanks.
    Evidence
    I left some time later after cyroing when marines landed so I do not have any screenshots or logs of the messages that were discussed during the round. I wasn't even sure if I was going to report this until later as well.

Apologies if I got some of the wording wrong via the moderator messages
    How you would punish the accused
    The note removed would be nice

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright,

I wasn't on the server at the time of this happening and was contacted on discord by one of the online staff asking for assistance. I was not aware of the exact details, only that multiple ahelps came in about survivors capturing furhosts to stop the xenos getting them.
    Typically, blocking off areas where there are furs is completely fine. Moving them however is not something we're fond of people doing as it's quite disruptive to the hive, which is why we don't allow survivors to kill them.
    Had this been a different map it may have been different, but Secure Dome on LV is impenetrable to anything other than a crusher or boiler, so you might as well have killed three monkeys. That is the reason I elected to rule this something that needed handling.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs

Ahelp made
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Incident in question
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Chainsawmullet and Carl Trent Conversation

Spoiler Spoiler:

Staff conversation
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alrighty. Took me long enough to get around to this due to being away from home the weekend!

So, for the report, you are unfortunately incorrect in your assessment that just because you did not kill monkeys that you were not breaking any rules. In this case, monkeys are not to be killed by survivors as that directly impacts the balancing measures of the round for xenos, the number of monkeys that spawn are related to pop and part of balancing. The fact that you effectively removed several of them from Xeno grasp by hiding them in a very secure area with yourself is effectively removing them almost as if you had killed them.

I've chatted with Grim and he agrees that this is breaking the spirit of the rule. As we moved away from set in stone rules many months ago due to the fact that a comprehensive list would be too long and may not cover all facets and situations like this. So in this case, the mod and admin team infact made the correct decision to make a note and inform you of the issue with what you had done.

As such, nothing more needs to be said here in the report. Feel free to message me on discord if you wish to further discuss or require clarification.

Resolved. Staff acted correctly.
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager