User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are shotguns too hard to counter attack as combat/support castes

Voters
180. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    40 22.22%
  • No

    21 11.67%
  • Just gotta git gud

    119 66.11%
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 235

Thread: Are shotguns too hard to counter attack? [Poll]

  1. #211
    Junior Member Somenerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalSpacePilot View Post
    Double buckshot shotgun is overpowered, you stun any t1 or t2 with the first PB and then immediately switch hands to fire the second PB to kill them while still stunned. The only counterplay is literally not fighting at all.
    Just a minor correction, but if you're holding both shotguns at once they will both fire at the same time, so you can't just swap hands.

    You'd have to holster one of the shotguns and take the other one out to do what you're describing.

  2. #212
    Senior Member CABAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,410
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Somenerd View Post
    Just a minor correction, but if you're holding both shotguns at once they will both fire at the same time, so you can't just swap hands.

    You'd have to holster one of the shotguns and take the other one out to do what you're describing.
    If you PB, you shoot only one gun.
    REDEMPTION

  3. #213
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    93
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwuhja View Post
    xenos also have abilities that arent just unga bunga basic click

    tail sweep
    lunge
    pounce
    neuro
    acid
    burrowstomp
    hedgehog
    gas
    etc etc

    if they're primarily a melee faction, why does every round i see them in focus mainly on protecting boilers, a range focused caste?
    You just proved my point. Because currently ranged is stronger than melee as it is much safer as marines have lots of time to shoot you and then buckshot you when you finally get into melee. Then you are stunned and killed. So, marines are too strong in close range if there is a group so only ancient T3s even try it. In other words, while xenos are a primarily melee faction the marine strong close range firepower and the weakness of aliens to hurt them quickly in melee results in their primary power being greatly weakened. As such, they have to fall back on things that work, such as boilers.

    Additionally, marines can safely hide behind cades where the majority of xenos cannot get to them. This further makes boilers and other ranged castes necessary, which therefore necessitates defending them.

    Have you not played the game?

    If you're really trying to tell me the xeno faction are primarily ranged, rather than melee but screwed by nerfing and wider gameplay mechanics, then please give me a xeno that can equip marine ranged weapons. It would be amazing. I would love to snipe, sadar and shotgun marines.

  4. #214
    Senior Member CABAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,410
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausrine View Post
    snip
    Talking about buckshot at this state of MOBA is pointless.
    Defender eats PBs like a candy, drone doesn't fight, sentinel hits 3 shoots and then just keep stunning, runner doesn't even get critted from PB and is fast with pounce.
    Hivelord and Carrier have enough HP and doesn't get stunned from buckshot, also they aren't really supposed to fight. Warrior has enough HP, speed and abilities to deal with marines from range, like lunge that isn't really ranged attack, but more of a teleport to a marine, just like runner has, but better. Lurker has speed, invisibility and pounce, no problem in here. Spitter has armor, acid and neuro, it is ranged beno.
    Queen heals fast enough to eat PB each 10 seconds. Prae has multiple ranged abilities and HP Armor that needs multiple PB to do anything. Rav has shields and multiple ranged abilities, speed, HP, armor and such. Boiler is ranged beno that isn't supposed to appear on marine screen.

    Each and every beno either isn't supposed to combat at all, or has atleast one direct counter against atleast one marine with buckshot shotgun.
    At this point only the truest benomains could complain about PB being too good. If anything, I would argue that slug is better now against Defenders, sentinels, warriors, spitters and drones than buckshot is, despite slug's worthless status and no changes to buckshot/slug itself.
    REDEMPTION

  5. #215
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    219
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The real question is why was instant stun nuero too strong but instant stun shotguns not?

  6. #216
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    155
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_bickie View Post
    The real question is why was instant stun nuero too strong but instant stun shotguns not?
    Instant stun neuro was easily able to stunlock marines while sentinels slashed them in between, though. Additionally, the neuro sentinels had was akin to the range shotguns have when using slugs. Your insinuation would probably be more comparable if slugs could easily chain into other slugs and stun longer. There's also the fact that PBs also do some damage to their user in the form of the acid blood, which is mostly negligible but worth mentioning.

    Going back to the slug comparison, slug stuns have actually been reduced several times strictly because people did not want marines to be able to chain their slugs.
    Last edited by Corocan; 05-10-2020 at 11:17 PM.

  7. #217
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    runner doesn't even get critted from PB
    This is just not true, ancient runner is 1 PB crit.

  8. #218
    Senior Member CABAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,410
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountyontheBounty View Post
    This is just not true, ancient runner is 1 PB crit.
    Are you sure about that? I find it hard to belive that in current buckshot-meta environment it wouldn't be made by devs so that ancient runners would be critted from one PB.
    REDEMPTION

  9. #219
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, i'm sure, runners are made of paper nowadays, 1 M4 bullet is like 20-25% of the health, If the devs had concern for the runners they would address the laughable tackle, most of my runner kills its when they try to capture and I just get up while they spam disarm, quick-equip shotty buckshot and PB, never seen a runner survive that, even those I didn't hurt before they got me on the floor.

  10. #220
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    219
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corocan View Post
    Instant stun neuro was easily able to stunlock marines while sentinels slashed them in between, though. Additionally, the neuro sentinels had was akin to the range shotguns have when using slugs. Your insinuation would probably be more comparable if slugs could easily chain into other slugs and stun longer. There's also the fact that PBs also do some damage to their user in the form of the acid blood, which is mostly negligible but worth mentioning.

    Going back to the slug comparison, slug stuns have actually been reduced several times strictly because people did not want marines to be able to chain their slugs.
    Having been stunlocked by slugs in the past 24 hours your argument holds little sway to me.
    Also, if increasing shooting delay was an option was was nuero completely nerf'd by the rework yet shotgun bullshit kept intact?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •