User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are shotguns too hard to counter attack as combat/support castes

Voters
197. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 23.86%
  • No

26 13.20%
  • Just gotta git gud

124 62.94%
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Are shotguns too hard to counter attack? [Poll]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shotgun is gud since it actually kills xenos reliably, since they can very easily just run away from rifle fire. It makes sense for the shotgun to deal lots of damage, it's a shotgun. It's a reliable way for marines to single handedly take down xenos, while the rifles only really work if you have 2 or more firing at the same time.

It's not hard to survive a shotgun encounter doe, most if not all elder xenos survive a PB nowadays anyways.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMandrake View Post
    Shotgun used to be a backup weapon, the m41 was king in 2017 and early 2018. The l42 was great and fun to use when it came out, but it's been practically useless for months now. Hell even the smg had a small period of viability in 2019. The shotgun does feel like the only useful weapon now, but I wouldn't say it's been like that for years, and the fact it is easily the most viable weapon is why people are defending it. I wish there were more options for sure, but the lack of current options is why everyone takes the shotty
    Nah the M4 was good and usable back in 2017 and 2018 but the shotgun was still the best. I wasn't playing when the L42 was good, but I heard it kicked a lot of ass and was a legitimate alternate choice for marines that didn't require you to unga at xenos to be effective. The shotgun has mostly received nerfs over the years though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    Nah the M4 was good and usable back in 2017 and 2018 but the shotgun was still the best. I wasn't playing when the L42 was good, but I heard it kicked a lot of ass and was a legitimate alternate choice for marines that didn't require you to unga at xenos to be effective. The shotgun has mostly received nerfs over the years though.
    Shotgun only started to be the best with PB meta in September 2018. M41 was dominating in 2017 and early-mid 2018 even after QF AP was gone. Hell during PB meta, BC M41 was a legitimate loadout that rivals shotgun damage but allows you to be way safer. But after the infamous John Titor patch, only shotgun remains.

QF L42 was a niche choice that gives you high fire rate, zero fall off, zero wield slowdown, zero wield delay. But dev killed that entire niche in order to force L42 to be a DMR only to be used from range or with the B8 scope

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i miss QFA AP

when pulse rifle was good and having robustos who knew fire lanes firing down a single xeno into gibs

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

too bad i didn't play much during that period cause QUEEN CHARGE LMAO

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefinitelyAlone0309 View Post
    Shotgun only started to be the best with PB meta in September 2018. M41 was dominating in 2017 and early-mid 2018 even after QF AP was gone. Hell during PB meta, BC M41 was a legitimate loadout that rivals shotgun damage but allows you to be way safer. But after the infamous John Titor patch, only shotgun remains.

QF L42 was a niche choice that gives you high fire rate, zero fall off, zero wield slowdown, zero wield delay. But dev killed that entire niche in order to force L42 to be a DMR only to be used from range or with the B8 scope
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    i miss QFA AP

when pulse rifle was good and having robustos who knew fire lanes firing down a single xeno into gibs

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

too bad i didn't play much during that period cause QUEEN CHARGE LMAO
    Firing lanes died with ssethiside
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

QF M41A was good, but it was still only AS good as the shotgun. What I'm getting at here is that the shotgun has pretty much always been the best weapon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    QF M41A was good, but it was still only AS good as the shotgun. What I'm getting at here is that the shotgun has pretty much always been the best weapon.
    Yeah I'm sorry I'm gonna have to call you out on this. Shotgun was never the front runner until AFTER QF AP meta was killed, because before that buckshot didn't do damage to Crusher or queen or prae (it couldn't even PB properly before the fix in July 2018). The only thing that brought buckshot up to speed with QF M41 in its prime was the PB fix and the general stat nerf on xeno after tank removal, and even then BC and BFA versions of M41 were still neck and neck against it in damage. Buckshot's STRONGEST EVER peak was still competing with BC and BFA M41 until M41 pretty much got choked by a pillow after mutator was released
    Last edited by DefinitelyAlone0309; 02-22-2020 at 02:13 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'm sorry I'm gonna have to call you out on this. Shotgun was never the front runner until AFTER QF AP meta was killed, because before that buckshot didn't do damage to Crusher or queen or prae (it couldn't even PB properly before the fix in July 2018). The only thing that brought buckshot up to speed with QF M41 in its prime was the PB fix and the general stat nerf on xeno after tank removal, and even then BC and BFA versions of M41 were still neck and neck against it in damage. Buckshot's STRONGEST EVER peak was still competing with BC and BFA M41 until M41 pretty much got choked by a pillow after mutator was released
    AP M41A was good against those three particular xenos, yeah, but the buckshot shotgun was still the best option for fighting most other xeno types.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AP M41A was good against those three particular xenos, yeah, but the buckshot shotgun was still the best option for fighting most other xeno types.
    Not at all. Buckshot back then was only really used for T1s and lurker. Every other xeno was taken down by M41.

Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_mpV9zViUs

Only use of shotgun ever was for T1 and lurker