User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are shotguns too hard to counter attack as combat/support castes

Voters
197. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 23.86%
  • No

26 13.20%
  • Just gotta git gud

124 62.94%
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Are shotguns too hard to counter attack? [Poll]

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonset55 View Post
    Shotgun is gud since it actually kills xenos reliably, since they can very easily just run away from rifle fire. It makes sense for the shotgun to deal lots of damage, it's a shotgun. It's a reliable way for marines to single handedly take down xenos, while the rifles only really work if you have 2 or more firing at the same time.

It's not hard to survive a shotgun encounter doe, most if not all elder xenos survive a PB nowadays anyways.
    you hit the nail on the head but for the wrong reason. The game used to be balanced around everything you are saying. Xenos were supposed to win 1on1 and marines were not supposed to single handedly take down xenos. They were supposed to have 2 or more firing at the same time. Thats why the game balance is so fucked up now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    you hit the nail on the head but for the wrong reason. The game used to be balanced around everything you are saying. Xenos were supposed to win 1on1 and marines were not supposed to single handedly take down xenos. They were supposed to have 2 or more firing at the same time. Thats why the game balance is so fucked up now.
    I agree marines should not be able to 1v1 Xenos, but nowadays with Warding, Xeno armor changes, and general nerfs to marine weapons. It is not uncommon for Xenos to survive mag dumps from multiple marines.
    edit: I'd also like to point out this also comes from the drop in the skill of the player base as if I remember correctly the Xeno skill level dropped before the marines did which lead to a period around late 2018 to early 2019 of constant marine wins leading to Marine weapon nerfs.
    Last edited by jjia; 02-22-2020 at 02:58 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjia View Post
    I agree marines should not be able to 1v1 Xenos, but nowadays with Warding, Xeno armor changes, and general nerfs to marine weapons. It is not uncommon for Xenos to survive mag dumps from multiple marines.
    edit: I'd also like to point out this also comes from the drop in the skill of the player base as if I remember correctly the Xeno skill level dropped before the marines did which lead to a period around late 2018 to early 2019 of constant marine wins leading to Marine weapon nerfs.
    Yeah xeno skill level has been dropping for a VERY long time, the constant nerfs being handed out to marines and the absolutely silly buffs for xenos are just making it worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SO far from my experience, the issue is the long ass stun post shot. Just making it knockback with a small 0.3'ish stun would be good enough to "push" off xeno's, not a 80% insta death moment but hey

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekrul View Post
    Shotguns should be removed to be honest, they are a inhumane barbaric weapon
    Based Xeno hours.
    - Squad Leader Cassandra 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xenos were supposed to win 1on1 and marines were not supposed to single handedly take down xenos. They were supposed to have 2 or more firing at the same time. Thats why the game balance is so fucked up now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The changes make it even harder, from what I've observed and experienced, for xenos to win even 1 vs 1 against an isolated marine. Balance is really strange because of it.

I've even seen tier 3 xenos with full health and armour fail to kill a marine 1 vs 1 with the changes. It could be a matter of robustness, sure, but repeated examples with different individuals would suggest it's not simply that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it doesnt feel like most xenos win the 1v1 anymore, yeah or they are more the underdogs with it now, everthing besides... queen/lurker/warrior/rav

if you ever see like a competent runner playing vs a lone competent marine its just like... aaagh it takes the runner forever to get the kill in comparison

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reuben owen View Post
    it doesnt feel like most xenos win the 1v1 anymore, yeah or they are more the underdogs with it now, everthing besides... queen/lurker/warrior/rav

if you ever see like a competent runner playing vs a lone competent marine its just like... aaagh it takes the runner forever to get the kill in comparison
    I don't really know how in RPS game guys who always roll scissors are not easly defeated by guys always rolling paper. Scissors are OP, please nerf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    I don't really know how in RPS game guys who always roll scissors are not easly defeated by guys always rolling paper. Scissors are OP, please nerf.
    it's more like scissors and paper at the same time