User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are shotguns too hard to counter attack as combat/support castes

Voters
197. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 23.86%
  • No

26 13.20%
  • Just gotta git gud

124 62.94%
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Are shotguns too hard to counter attack? [Poll]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frankly you're right, AP pulse rifle mags are pretty easy to find. Back to L42 ammo - I've never seen anyone say they ran out. Have you?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausrine View Post
    Frankly you're right, AP pulse rifle mags are pretty easy to find. Back to L42 ammo - I've never seen anyone say they ran out. Have you?
    Yes, I saw many people screaming for L42 mags and every time I was testing this gun, I was running out of ammo quite quickly, even if I was rocking "mini-sniper" set of harassing boilers, instead of Smart Scope (that would deplete ammo even faster).
    In belt + armor + webbing + in gun you could take 12 mags that have 25 rounds each (realistic loadout, pockets need first aid and flare pouch, satchel, or backpack need spare flares, food, splints sidearm etc). Its only 300 rounds. With pulse rifle you could have 480 rounds, which is more than 150% of L42 ammo capacity. Nobody in their right mind would burst fire every time with pulse rifle.
    Even current meta for pulse rifle is to have QF not to burst, but to shoot single bullets faster, because you are supposed to use burst only at max 3-4 tiles away and benos minimalise time they spend in that range from marine.
    300 rounds are just 300 clicks, sometimes even less since if there is only few bullets left in mag, you reload that anyway.
    Those ammo counts take into consideration that you pick only one primary weapon. It also assumes marine being a bit selfsufficient, on the "run", pushing caves, chasing benos, where you simply can't go back to LZ, or FoB to get the ammo, or to scavenge the dead. There is no time in that. By the time strip a guy from his belt, satchel and webbing, beno healed all of its wounds and started recovering armor while also traveling half of the map away from the last position.
    This is why I say that L42 ammo isn't "near infinite".
    We can also get the original scenario of picking shotgun as another primary weapon. Taking enough buckshot strips you from L42 ammo even more and if you plan on going ammo zuccing Smart Scope that lets you spray and pray like Smartgun does, then you might not even get to containers from Hydro before not having any mags on you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausrine View Post
    I ran out last night. And I was using an L42 AP clip ammo bin for my reloads. It was on Prison, and we were defending the nuke. I went through something like 7-8 clips of AP ammo. Made the Queen and a Crusher back off a few times. Then I didn’t back up fast enough and the Queen spat in my face and then proceeded to tear said face off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were defending a nuke? Yes. Running out will happen in a 2+ hour game if you've lasted the entire time. You both are clearly robust; a lot of marines do not last an hour. I dare sta the majority. Running out of L42 ammo during a nuke siege isn't really good proof that there is too little.

And really CABAL? 300 rounds on you and more available in boxes and you're running out? It sounds like you're firing it as a suppression weapon instead of when you have targets :S

Anyhow, setting aside ammo availability; once again, it's a strong combo. Agreed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes when I just want to support I'll grab an L42 and a smartscope. I take eleven mags total and I consistently run out of ammo. The fact that you can (and should) shoot at anything without fear of FF means you chew through ammo, and you will run out quickly in any sort of prolonged firefight. You don't even need to be robust to live through the fire fight either, because you should be behind your allies.

I've not tried the qfa stockless chase setup, but I can see that chewing through ammo almost as fast. You definitely don't need to be using it as a suppression weapon for ammo to run out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watched a recent round where a 100% health young queen died to a solo marine from three PB buckshot attacks. Yet, it would have taken that queen probably 20 slashes to kill one marine. Also she got stunned too. Lmao. Balance in this game is so broken it's ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Ward View Post
    ...young queen...
    There's your problem.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watched a recent round where a 100% health young queen died to a solo marine from three PB buckshot attacks. Yet, it would have taken that queen probably 20 slashes to kill one marine. Also she got stunned too. Lmao. Balance in this game is so broken it's ridiculous.
    Queen's got neuro and screech. If she dies to a solo marine, she's bad. Screech and then neuro spam the marine while slashing them, they have absolutely no way to fight back.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Queen has the most powerful crowd control abilities from all the xenos, this is a player skill matter.

Buckshot doesn't stun.

Get better at the game.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watched a round where 100% health SSD Ancient Runner died to a slug shotgun solo marine from 8 slugs. Yet, it would have taken that runner probably one pounce to break marine skull, then move offscreen, then return and pounce back. Also said runner didn't used any ability, so that means that slug "turns off" abilities for a minute atleast. Balance in this game is so broken it's ridiculous.