User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are shotguns too hard to counter attack as combat/support castes

Voters
197. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 23.86%
  • No

26 13.20%
  • Just gotta git gud

124 62.94%
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Are shotguns too hard to counter attack? [Poll]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You seem to be wrong Mr. Rocco. Last I checked, on MOBA, Berserker Ravagers are able to deal 51 damage per slash at Mature and are able to tank at least two PBs if not 3. Xenos are also able to slash faster than marines can PB. A marine needs to take only 150 damage to get put into hardcrit.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrok View Post
    You seem to be wrong Mr. Rocco. Last I checked, on MOBA, Berserker Ravagers are able to deal 51 damage per slash at Mature and are able to tank at least two PBs if not 3. Xenos are also able to slash faster than marines can PB. A marine needs to take only 150 damage to get put into hardcrit.
    I think the ravs and aliens in general might have delayed slashing compared to regular, that or it was lag. Need to check it again. Even then with a marine with any armor they will reduce that 51, if it let guess light armor with 25% resistance to slashs it would give the rav about 38.25 damage instead meaning it would take 4 slashes to send them to hardcrit (153 damage, it takes 6 slashes to actually kill them with over 200 damage). BUT WAIT THERE MORE! Berserkers have higher attack speed the more they fight. Also should be noted base ravs gain damage if they get more shields which is gained by being near marines while toggling the shield.

God the new moba ravs are so much more interactive and fun to play with. But yea it sucks for aliens to get double bucked by someone, used to have to take a shottie with a BC to properly one shot aliens now instead it just PB heaven with low acid damage feedback and perfect accuracy. idk when I go lurker I just keep away from 'hunting packs' aka robustos going in groups of 2-5 looking for people to kill and wait for the front to form and the robustos to flock to it. Then I got to literally check if I notice anyone who goes doublebuck because they will instant end your life even if you don't target them. THEN, I find targets that are easy enough pick off or cause harm to. Even causing a broken hand is a win as the marine is less combat able and forced to go to medbay or fight worse off which is useful in the grand scheme of things. Kids need to learn to fear the shotgun too many zoomers rushing in and getting smacked because they don't respect the damage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    I think the ravs and aliens in general might have delayed slashing compared to regular, that or it was lag. Need to check it again. Even then with a marine with any armor they will reduce that 51, if it let guess light armor with 25% resistance to slashs it would give the rav about 38.25 damage instead meaning it would take 4 slashes to send them to hardcrit (153 damage, it takes 6 slashes to actually kill them with over 200 damage). BUT WAIT THERE MORE! Berserkers have higher attack speed the more they fight. Also should be noted base ravs gain damage if they get more shields which is gained by being near marines while toggling the shield.

God the new moba ravs are so much more interactive and fun to play with. But yea it sucks for aliens to get double bucked by someone, used to have to take a shottie with a BC to properly one shot aliens now instead it just PB heaven with low acid damage feedback and perfect accuracy. idk when I go lurker I just keep away from 'hunting packs' aka robustos going in groups of 2-5 looking for people to kill and wait for the front to form and the robustos to flock to it. Then I got to literally check if I notice anyone who goes doublebuck because they will instant end your life even if you don't target them. THEN, I find targets that are easy enough pick off or cause harm to. Even causing a broken hand is a win as the marine is less combat able and forced to go to medbay or fight worse off which is useful in the grand scheme of things. Kids need to learn to fear the shotgun too many zoomers rushing in and getting smacked because they don't respect the damage.
    This guy is talking about naked marines, not armoured ones
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanna call out something.

No marines never outnumber xenos 5 to 1, and we havent had a 4 to 1 advantage in a long time. Mostly it is 3 to 1, but in actual planetside strength it is 2 to 1 or 2.5 to 1 (Since spawning pool has been added).

I dont agree xenos should be tanky, just make them faster and you can see Marines scream. Faster queen, prae and rav are more terrifying than a tankier one as you can juke and gamer marines better and chase them down.

That's all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven’t tested the new update yet so no opinion on that. It does seem however that devs are pushing a larger number of larva, quicker evo, higher T2/T3 limits, and faster respawns with the pool. This is making the xeno side play like Whiskey Outpost, which is kinda ironic. Anyway, just wanted to post that observation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion, benos only die to buckshot when they were out of position. Runners die to PB because they overextended, or stayed in range after their pounce ended. Crushers die because they got too thirsty for kills, and charge through an opening in the cades, only for the breach to be closed behind them. Buckshot can be easily avoided by skilled benos. It seems to me like the only problem here is bald benos trying to 1v1 a marine, then getting mad when they mess up.
    Rain 'Hail' Atkinson (Human Roles): Slayer of Xenos and babysitter of PFCs
    Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler:

NV-XXX-C6 (Xeno Roles): CRUSHER GANG CRUSHER GANG
    Whitelisted Monkey Damn You Boomermin, the Monkeys will rise again
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentor - 6/5/2020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Ward View Post
    Naked marines can absorb more slashes from T3s than a T3 absorbing PBs. Fact.

Also armor doesn't really block that much damage from PBs. T2s only take 2 PBs to go into crit with the exception of the warrior.
    Your point?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    isn't this the 209421th time a post like this has been made?
    I've always said it, I'll say it again. Shotguns aren't too good, every other weapon besides the shotgun is fucking dogshit.
    play as a shotgun marine and see how fun it is to fight any ranged caste at all (Spoiler alert: it isn't)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Ward View Post
    Naked marines can absorb more slashes from T3s than a T3 absorbing PBs. Fact.

Also armor doesn't really block that much damage from PBs. T2s only take 2 PBs to go into crit with the exception of the warrior.
    You have to be trolling. There's no way you're a living breathing human.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GDIS Pathe View Post
    Your point?
    This is like giving runners the same health as a crusher. That seems very unbalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnorse View Post
    isn't this the 209421th time a post like this has been made?
    I've always said it, I'll say it again. Shotguns aren't too good, every other weapon besides the shotgun is fucking dogshit.
    play as a shotgun marine and see how fun it is to fight any ranged caste at all (Spoiler alert: it isn't)
    90% of the hive doesn't even have a fucking ability or attack that does ranaged damage. The alien side was DESIGNED to be CQC just like the movies. Only spitters, praes, boilers do any serious damage ranged damage. Ravagers and sentinels neuro and bone shards are an annoyance at best and cause slowdown more than anything. It's literally the same as beanbag rounds. Also shotgun users can EASILY outrun spitters, sentinels, and boilers even on weeds.

And what part of that claim do you have a problem with? That armor doesn't sufficiently block PBs or that naked marines TANK more damage than T3s? Both are true and you can test it yourself.

Marine armor should be designed just like alien castes.

T1 = No Armor (2-3 slashes, slashes should have a ridiculously high delimb chance)
    T2 = Light Armor (3-5 slashes)
    T3 = Medium Armor (5-8 slashes)
    T3 = Heavy Armor (+8 slashes)

Naked marines & Light armor should act like a runner. Medium armor should act like a defender or warrior, and heavy armor is like a crusher. The movement speed also reflects this pretty well IMO.
    Last edited by Rocco Ward; 04-17-2020 at 03:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your arguement would be valid if marines fought at peak efficiency even while injured, like aliens do. But they become useless after two slashes so uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh