User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are shotguns too hard to counter attack as combat/support castes

Voters
197. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 23.86%
  • No

26 13.20%
  • Just gotta git gud

124 62.94%
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Are shotguns too hard to counter attack? [Poll]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another nice thing to add would be a very slight buff for aliens that work together. Sort of like permanent passive pheromones. It might cut stun time by 5% per alien within 4 tiles, up to 20%. Or it might reduce damage by 2% up to 10%. Something.

It wouldn't noticeably impact T3s and others, but it would be a useful buff for ambush castes that also impacts their play as it nudges them to team up. Alternatively, make it a stronger buff and apply it only to ambush caste aliens.

A lone runner or lurker attacking isolated marines in the backline is all well and good, but I don't think anyone would disagree that they should go down pretty easily when they're on their own. However, if 3 aliens attack a single marine (even 3 runners), then it kind of sucks when any of them can just die to a PB after a missed pounce.

Food for thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rocco. The. Queen. Can't. Be. Stunned. By. Shotguns.

Also, T3 stun from shock doors is like 0.5s or less. And the reason why you died in 1 PB as young is because of the young health nerf that has happened recently, which in my opinion is in poor taste because of how long it takes to mature as T3 when it's laggy (lag makes your ticks take longer to go through, you'll be sitting at the hive for 15m to mature) but otherwise fine.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrok View Post
    I'm telling you what I saw and I wasn't the only ghost to witness it. The only other possibility is that the queen rested, but if so, the timing was exactly right after she got shot. Either that or 1 PB critted her, which I really don't think was the case. Again she was at full health and armor while young. 3 PBs and she died.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausrine View Post
    Another nice thing to add would be a very slight buff for aliens that work together. Sort of like permanent passive pheromones. It might cut stun time by 5% per alien within 4 tiles, up to 20%. Or it might reduce damage by 2% up to 10%. Something.

It wouldn't noticeably impact T3s and others, but it would be a useful buff for ambush castes that also impacts their play as it nudges them to team up. Alternatively, make it a stronger buff and apply it only to ambush caste aliens.

A lone runner or lurker attacking isolated marines in the backline is all well and good, but I don't think anyone would disagree that they should go down pretty easily when they're on their own. However, if 3 aliens attack a single marine (even 3 runners), then it kind of sucks when any of them can just die to a PB after a missed pounce.

Food for thought.
    so you're encouraging "EVERYONE ON QUEEN ITS DEATHBALL TIME" or lurker/runner gangs with this? and up to 20% stun reduction?
    hmm...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrok View Post
    but she damn well should be

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game balance wise if tier 3s/queen could be stunned by buck aliens would get deleted from life. Also would make no sense considering they are 12 foot tall aliens they can take the force.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Game balance wise if tier 3s/queen could be stunned by buck aliens would get deleted from life. Also would make no sense considering they are 12 foot tall aliens they can take the force.
    Boy wouldnt it be cool for defenders to be un-stunnable by buckshot. Barebones T3 right there

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spetr View Post
    Boy wouldnt it be cool for defenders to be un-stunnable by buckshot. Barebones T3 right there
    Only if in fortify, or else you have bullet sponges who are countered by maybe flamers, but not really as you do more harm than good with flaming frontlines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Only if in fortify, or else you have bullet sponges who are countered by maybe flamers, but not really as you do more harm than good with flaming frontlines.
    Apparently they’re nerfing the defenders to be not quite so invincible while in fortify. I dunno, it seemed like a fair trade for fortify, they can’t do anything but snail-pace movement, they can still be stunned. Maybe what they need is something where stuns take them right out of fortify or something, rather than getting rid of the armor. If they wanted the crushers to be the true tanks, they should have given them a strain or ability that lets them essentially do that, act as a very durable meat shield.

As for fire, fire works on them just fine. When I was playing as one, I’d soak up entire clips of ammo, but once set on fire, I’d have to run to resist on weeds to not die from it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add buckshot to mou-53. Do it.
    Rain 'Hail' Atkinson (Human Roles): Slayer of Xenos and babysitter of PFCs
    Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler:

NV-XXX-C6 (Xeno Roles): CRUSHER GANG CRUSHER GANG
    Whitelisted Monkey Damn You Boomermin, the Monkeys will rise again
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentor - 6/5/2020