User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are shotguns too hard to counter attack as combat/support castes

Voters
197. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 23.86%
  • No

26 13.20%
  • Just gotta git gud

124 62.94%
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Are shotguns too hard to counter attack? [Poll]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhhhhhh, marine mains favorite OP weapon.

The only weapon in the game where you get the following:

• AoE attack
    • Insta stun
    • Insta kills or crits most T1s and T2s
    • Near infinite ammo (10 shots before reloading, but with 1 hit god mode, who needs ammo?)
    • Any human caste can use it successfully (CMO was just recently able to repel a boarding attack without having to worry about combat skills, lololol)
    • Ignores attachment drawbacks at close range
    • Can dual wield and pump both without having to drop either to reload (so now 20 shots?)

No drawbacks since 90% of the xeno caste is melee. Even the ranged castes such as sentinel, spitter, and boiler a shotty user can easily outrun and PB. (this happens A LOT)

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Ward View Post

• AoE attack
    • Insta stun
    • Near infinite ammo (10 shots before reloading, but with 1 hit god mode, who needs ammo?)
    • Any human caste can use it successfully (CMO was just recently able to repel a boarding attack without having to worry about combat skills, lololol)
    • Can dual wield and pump both without having to drop either to reload (so now 20 shots?)

No drawbacks since 90% of the xeno caste is melee. Even the ranged castes such as sentinel, spitter, and boiler a shotty user can easily outrun and PB. (this happens A LOT)
    Ahhhhhhhh, sseth's universal excuse to being garbage

Let's hit up the bingo

• 7 forum posts
    • plays xeno IC
    • literal no one OOC
    • Complains about 'infinite' shotgun ammo
    • Complains about 'buckshot being overpowered'
    • Complains about civilians using shotguns, doesn't understand the fact that roles don't matter, skill does.
    • Every weapon ignores attachment drawbacks when PBing, shotguns are still affected by delays just like any other guns.
    • Complains about dual wielding, gets killed by Chance Warden
    • Outrunning ranged castes happen when the players playing them are brainfucked retards. Under no circumstances boiler should be in PB range, nor spitter and sentinel frontlining is a mistake on it's own.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

• AoE attack
    • Insta stun

you dont know waht you're talking about

only flechette and buck have aoe, buck's aoe damage is negligable if it even fucking hits, and flechette is just bad

instant stun if you get within melee range of a xenomorph, you know the murder lizards that literally bleed acid? assuming you have good enough ping to hit it, not everything is stunned, or for long.

yeah, okay, it crits frail xenomorphs if you press the barrel of it against their temple and fire, it is a shotgun after all, why wouldn't it fuck up un armored targets at close range?

not near infinite ammo, each slot only has five shots, so you can either take a brown webbing vest which is 25 shots, or a large general pouch, which is 15, or backpack, which is like seven handfuls max if you take NOTHING ELSE, or the belt specially designed for holding shells that prevents you from taking anything else in the belt slot. compared to the 32 or so rounds in standard pulse rifle magazines, which don't need to be individually loaded. Oh also the m37 takes nine shells, not ten

it's not a fucking laser gun, it's a shotgun, you put shells in the bottom, pump the pump, and point it in the general direction of something in close range, it's not at all complicated. The doctor going john wick on xenos is closer to fail rp than an actual fault of the shotgun

no, it doesn't ignore drawbacks, it's just that being in so close quarters that the enemy takes up most of the area immediately outside of the barrel nullifies the point of accuracy or precision. Still affected by damage, fire rate, etc

Yes, you can dual wield shotguns, I'll admit that's unrealistic as hell but it's not impossible, just stupidly difficult, and you can pump both, you just need to pin the stock under your armpit tight enough to add pressure to the butt of the gun so you can actually pump it.

Yes drawbacks, limited ammo supply if you dont dedicate an entire belt slot to it, shit chip damage, no counter to spitting castes, arguably useless in heavy armor outside of fob/ship defense (and wearing it makes you more vulnerable to spit and makes it easier to pounce you)

And yeah, boilers and praetorians are slow, but if you dont have backup or punish a shotgunner for being out of position with their situational weapon that's your own damn fault. If they rush you in close quarters that just means there's less angles their pulse rifle teammates can hit you from without hitting the shotgunner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchee View Post
    Ahhhhhhhh, sseth's universal excuse to being garbage

Let's hit up the bingo

• 7 forum posts
    • plays xeno IC
    • literal no one OOC
    • Complains about 'infinite' shotgun ammo
    • Complains about 'buckshot being overpowered'
    • Complains about civilians using shotguns, doesn't understand the fact that roles don't matter, skill does.
    • Every weapon ignores attachment drawbacks when PBing, shotguns are still affected by delays just like any other guns.
    • Complains about dual wielding, gets killed by Chance Warden
    • Outrunning ranged castes happen when the players playing them are brainfucked retards. Under no circumstances boiler should be in PB range, nor spitter and sentinel frontlining is a mistake on it's own.
    I've been playing this game longer than you have bud. I was very active on the old forums, not so much the new ones. I'm a dual-nature player. Meaning I have almost the same amount of time invested into playing both xeno and human. I usually like to go pyro as a marine, never tend to use shotguns, but it seems I'm always having to fight them when I xeno. Shotguns do tons of damage 1-2 tiles away, it's not just PB. And a hear a lot of the supposed "counter" to shotguns is ranged castes, yet they get cucked hard by shotgun users who can just close the gap quite quickly.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been playing this game longer than you have bud. I was very active on the old forums, not so much the new ones. I'm a dual-nature player. Meaning I have almost the same amount of time invested into playing both xeno and human. I usually like to go pyro as a marine, never tend to use shotguns, but it seems I'm always having to fight them when I xeno. Shotguns do tons of damage 1-2 tiles away, it's not just PB. And a hear a lot of the supposed "counter" to shotguns is ranged castes, yet they get cucked hard by shotgun users who can just close the gap quite quickly.
    Come on, don't be beno-me.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah ok lmao, boomer turned zoomer syndrome is present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchee View Post
    Shotguns aren't as strong as they used to be.

That's not an excuse to rush a semi component marine with buckshot though.
    Shotgun PBs are still dangerous. Slugs are worst too.
    I've seen lots of people do double shottie combos. Hits you with a slug then switches to buckshot to PB. 1 Handed PBs should at least dislocate your arm or fracture it. Add some damage i guess?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuyoi View Post
    Shotgun PBs are still dangerous. Slugs are worst too.
    I've seen lots of people do double shottie combos. Hits you with a slug then switches to buckshot to PB. 1 Handed PBs should at least dislocate your arm or fracture it. Add some damage i guess?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwTqdth1h3c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR3DSLvt_IQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rFrmgB4WuI (Screen Shake equivalent)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mp-BCQua8

All those people with dislocated arms, or fractures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    snip
    Didnt realise that shotguns dont have that much kick. I dont actually know a lot about guns.
    Well marines using the shotgun switch stuff is rare at most.
    And i think its kind of fair when i could kill like 10+ marines as a lurker and permadeath them.
    Just gotta get better i guess.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "literal nobody"

hEy GuYs i Habe MorE hoUrs than u aNd im world famose moorin so stfu Please LOL retard!!!! whats that? u played longr than me? lol i was only pretending to be retarded, boomer guy

Thanks Avalanchee, very cool comment!