User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are shotguns too hard to counter attack as combat/support castes

Voters
197. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 23.86%
  • No

26 13.20%
  • Just gotta git gud

124 62.94%
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Are shotguns too hard to counter attack? [Poll]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If rifles had stopping power (that is, reducing xeno speed per hit) marines would use it more. Doesn't even need to have better damage, just stopping power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could summarize it best as:
    Shotguns are a bit too powerful.
    Every other weapon that isn't a shotgun is way too weak.

Xenos should be wary of all guns, rather than chitin-shitting afraid of one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So marines have a 4:1? 5:1? Advantage in numbers. They shouldn't really be able to go 1v1 most xenos.

And the people who keep saying "sPiTTeRS aRe tHe WeAKneSs tO sHOTgUnS" don't understand how weak acid spit is. I've watched several fights 1v1 (and been in a few myself) where acid spit DOES LAUGHABLE DAMAGE. It doesn't even paincrit?!? This is after a marine gets tagged SEVERAL times by the spit. Acid spits are xenos throwing knives in the game, lmao.

Don't be surprised if xeno players go on strike and start refusing to play. Then the balance will become even more comically lobsided.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Ward View Post
    So marines have a 4:1? 5:1? Advantage in numbers. They shouldn't really be able to go 1v1 most xenos.

And the people who keep saying "sPiTTeRS aRe tHe WeAKneSs tO sHOTgUnS" don't understand how weak acid spit is. I've watched several fights 1v1 (and been in a few myself) where acid spit DOES LAUGHABLE DAMAGE. It doesn't even paincrit?!? This is after a marine gets tagged SEVERAL times by the spit. Acid spits are xenos throwing knives in the game, lmao.

Don't be surprised if xeno players go on strike and start refusing to play. Then the balance will become even more comically lobsided.
    Even during old days of 75% beno winrate goal, it was still pretty much the same in terms of shotgun. Shotgun is good in 1vs1 yes, but it sucks against more than one beno, where with pulse rifle you can spray and pray.

No marine refused to play then, no beno will refuse to play now. Git Gud.

And Ranged/pouncing castes are counter to shotguns. But instead of stupid raw damage via acid spit, use neuro. First hit? Marine won't be able to chase you down. Second hit? Marine barerly sees you on weeds and/or darkness. Thrid hit? Marine is stunned. More hits? Marine sleeps.
    Ahhhh... Yes. Too hard for my beno brain, me shoot raw damage, me want to melt limbs, me no die.
    Last edited by CABAL; 01-29-2020 at 09:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1- You will never be able to prevent a marine to always loose a 1v1, people will always find a way to 1v1.

2- Use neurotoxin, not only acid.

3- Go on strike, just do it, make your dreams come true, JUST DO IT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shotguns are way too OP. Also LTB tank. Anyone saying otherwise should play a few rounds as beno.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toggle-spit-type

Here, have my macro for swapping between neuro/acid. With this power you win pretty much any 1V1 as a spitter by tagging them with acid and then neuroing atleast once. They can't run up to you and they're forced to either drop n roll or keep taking that acid damage.

If you're fending off a push with other xenos - just keep spamming acid on different targets, forcing them to run back to roll on the ground. Spitter is epic right now.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pippins View Post
    Shotguns are way too OP. Also LTB tank. Anyone saying otherwise should play a few rounds as beno.
    LTB tank only at DEFCON 2 and nerfed to fairly balanced state (however tank should be removed still and be only available to non-beno rounds). Shotguns are the only reliable way to kill a beno without chasing it. Propose any other standard PFC vendor weapon that can do that. Point any other standard PFC vendor weapon that benos are afraid of, so medics and engineers (as usually in backlines, vulnerable to single stranglers etc) can get this to help them.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruh I'm dead, do it.

Xenos can usually only win when the good marines swap over for a round anyway. Or if based RAT decides it's time to save them.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After sifting through the usual 'sHoTtY op pLs rEmOve' bait posts and the puts on glasses 'according to my years of research shotgun is overpowered because it can one shot t1s and mature t2s therefor it is bad', I've came to the conclusion that people just need to get good.

The majority of you are whiny babies complaining about Double Shotties and cOmBat cMo while knowing damn well that every other gun at the moment is literal dookie tier. 'bro shotguns should be removed but i wont talk about how m39 is trash m41 cant kill anything that has a stun pistols have lackluster ammo and unless you're rocking an AG it takes years to wield, why can't i 1v5 marines and win'

"Shut up salty marine main all xenos are melee oriented!"

Yes XX-372 all xenos are melee oriented, but you also know what almost every xeno has? A stun/slowdown/ability that can be used outside of melee range. Pounce. Acid spray. Neuro. Lunge. Headbutt. Shrapnel. Tailstrike. Jab. Tremor.

And those that are in melee range are literal AoEs - or instantly apply a 4 second or longer stun, or knockback. Fling. Tailsweep. Punch.

You can 1v1 any marine with a Shotty as any xeno - and anyone who said a Defender can't 1v1 a Shotty marine simply lacks the skill to do so. It's the same with the Flamethrower. The weapon isn't bad because retards use it. The player is bad. The caste can't 1v1 Shotties because an XX Mature Defender died to a marine. The caste can, the player can't. I've 1v1'd several robust marines as Defender while they were packing Buckshot.

The only xenos that flat out crit from a PB alone are Runners, Elder T1s, and Mature T2s. Any Ancient T1 or T2 will always survive one PB Buckshot alone with no follow up.

'b-but what can i do as a drone i dont have range stun or cc abilities!' retard maybe don't go a support caste and expect to dunk on people like a combat caste.

'neuro is weak!!! i still die to people running up to me and pbing me as spitter!' neuro slow down is aids and you can mix in acid DoT during it, which actually does a lot of damage. Anyone who says it doesn't is flat out wrong. If you're getting ran up on and PB'd as a Spitter either A: RNG Miss cucked you, or B: You're bad.

And another thing - if you're complaining about something being brain dead or broken, why don't you actually try going marine and running around with Double Shotties? Tell me how many kills you get in 5 rounds. So MANY people complain about things yet never even attempt to try it out to see if it's actually brain dead easy to do. Warrior is broken - yet many people still went Warrior themselves to confirm if it was retardedly easy to do (which it is).
    The fabled WEEB

Masamune 'Nippon' Sanada

Omen - 1st Generation Synthetic

Guan Dekna - The Shorty