User Tag List

View Poll Results: Feedback on Today's Test Round

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • All for the! Merdonalds 2.0 here we come!

20 45.45%
  • I like some parts/Indifferent. (Feel free to elaborate)

11 25.00%
  • No, give me back my space vietnam!

13 29.55%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Feedback on Today's Test Round

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PogoMarimo View Post
    The issue is, what even is a "plasma node" and how is it any different than what Xenos already produce naturally? Also, how are you going to make metarushing dropship NOT the best option for marines without just artificially walling off Xeno access to their resources? Immersion is still important. MacGuffin crystals or MacGuffin plasma is the worst possible solution. It needs to be a resource that makes sense on all maps, that Xenos would naturally make use of based on their theming and biology, and that will logically route into other gameplay improvements for Objectives.
    This is my concern, but given the nature of the change idk if there is a non macguffin answer.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tiberium is the answer. All you propose is some shit that serves nothing outside of being a resource. Boring and bland "plasma", or Hydrogen. It will be trully a McGuffin if nobody cares about that shit that does nothing to us, outside of fueling mundane tasks. It stops being McGuffin when somebody starts to care about it.

Don't limit available resources for benos, let them take them all, but then if they want to maintain this stream of goodies, they have to defend each and every of them, or lose each and every of them.
    Tiberium can have multiple reasons to be on every map. Prison? Those loonies who rammed the space prison were using it as a fuel, it spilled and thus we have infestation. CORSAT? Remove ICE dome, make it TIBERIUM, so that they were testing it before benos escaped.

Instead of bland shit, make interesting shit. Potential of Tiberium is... Limitless. Can harm both marines and benos. Marines might even need amputation to avid complete Tiberium Toxemia, benos could get max HP lowered because of that. Interesting and fun. Both Marines and Benos could have chance to mutate, thus gaining some cool mutations etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude, I don't want Tiberium in the game. I don't want to change the focus from the Xenomorphs to collecting some ridiculous super material with magical properties. I don't want magic crystals mutating humans. This isn't Corp Mercs. Resources in this game should be a means to an end, not the narrative focus of the game. If you want to do cool things, do it through objectives unlocking new things for both Xenos and Humans. Randomize the objectives every game. Come up with a dozen or two dozen cool objectives that motivate both sides to fight. That's all you need, not magic space crystals from another IP entirely.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakey View Post
    TG has never been sued. They have never been contacted about "deadspace hardsuits".
    That was literally the point I was making, you absolute bafoon, how did you miss that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R61425 View Post
    That was literally the point I was making, you absolute bafoon, how did you miss that?
    TG was never sued because it complied with the cease and desist orders from Nintendo. CM has already gotten multiple legal notices from Disney which we have complied with that stripped some Alien IP out of the game. If we start reverting those changes it is almost guaranteed Disney will seek through the courts to shut down the server, which they could do very easily and have done to many fan projects already for their IPs. For the Host, that would be the best case scenario, since Disney would have every legal right to bend them over a barrel financially.

It's not about "being a pussy", it's about not literally fucking bankrupting James because we are co-opting huge swaths of IP from Disney.