User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one who thinks the tank doesn't FEEL like a two ton death machine?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I the only one who thinks the tank doesn't FEEL like a two ton death machine?

As the title was eluding to I'm not really feeling like the tank has as much weight as it appears. Don't get me wrong it's fun to drive and shoot but when you run over someone they take no damage. No I'm not saying I should intsa gib marines or anything. Nor am I saying I WANT to kill marines by accident. I'm just saying that it feels like Xenos just get a free pass from being run over. What do I mean, well.

I've on multiple occasions (attempted to) run over xenos both big and small, pushed them up against walls and sat on them. What did all of these have in common? They almost never died. Seriously. I parked a tank on a hive lord and it just said "nah nap time" and lived. Why? Why can this beast that is in no way gonna fit under the ground clearance of the tank gonna be fine when I sit on it for like a whole minute? It just feels odd. I can understand when I push a queen into a wall it won't gib instantly cause well it's the queen, but what about a burrower? A support caste. Why did they take no damage and scuttle away just cause my gunner couldn't hit the broad side of a barn? How come they weren't punished hard for getting caught in a fatal situation? They didn't even seem to be bothered since I heard nothing.

It makes me sad that I can't crush the xeno menace beneath my treads. It would make me happy to be able to crush the bugs especially since there is only one tank and it can't go everywhere. Either way, my point. I wanted to know what everyone else thought about this. Is it fine? Was there a reason for this in the past? I'm still kinda new so I have years of history and development to unravel here. Hopefully I'm posting this in the right place. I don't use forums often so sorry if it's misplaced.
    Hi I like crayons.
    My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tank shouldn't even exist. Too much power depending on two retards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    short answer: cuz it was too strong

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    because it took a large coordinated effort just to take down two morons in a metal bawks, power fantasies are usually only ever fun for the person gaining power

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    because it took a large coordinated effort just to take down two morons in a metal bawks, power fantasies are usually only ever fun for the person gaining power
    Fair. I just wish I could kill someone when crushed against a wall. I mean they fucked up hard if they are in that position so why can't I punish them for it?
    Hi I like crayons.
    My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swumprat View Post
    Fair. I just wish I could kill someone when crushed against a wall. I mean they fucked up hard if they are in that position so why can't I punish them for it?
    because they could jump up on the wall above the tank, or their exosuits are so tough that the wall loses integrity first

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You weren't around when Tanks were stupid strong. Believe me they were on some TARDED shit back then.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish tank would disappear and never return. It's a huge power vacuum that only makes the game fun for 2 players out of a game with 200 people on high pop. The game should be more focused about the actual marines, hence the name Colonial Marines.

Bringing tank back was a bigger mistake than mutations/release defender+warrior ever were

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefinitelyAlone0309 View Post
    I wish tank would disappear and never return. It's a huge power vacuum that only makes the game fun for 2 players out of a game with 200 people on high pop. The game should be more focused about the actual marines, hence the name Colonial Marines.

Bringing tank back was a bigger mistake than mutations/release defender+warrior ever were
    Yeah, this is a pretty common example of tank gameplay:

Marines are fighting Xenos, they push them back to a chokepoint and set up defenses. There's great back and forth fighting going on, breaches, captures, kills, ect. Then the tank shows up.

Tank parks two tiles behind the chokepoint neck and moves back and forth about three tiles occasionally. Marines cannot move in front of it because it is a giant death machine. Xenos can't push out of the checkpoint on account of the giant death machine. So instead, there's is just kind of skirmishing at the checkpoint for twenty minutes by the tank and a few T3s until the Tank sustains too much damage or runs out of ammo. The supporting marines just kind of mill about while this occurs without anything to do.

The tank would make a lot more sense if the game were more focused around open ground movement.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be curious to see how the tank would perform if it could roll into caves...

If there was no chokepoint..

I think that it would quickly overextend.. get swarmed and be done.

Its that silly bottleneck that kills the games momentum