User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one who thinks the tank doesn't FEEL like a two ton death machine?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we ain't gonna make the tank op

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakey View Post
    we ain't gonna make the tank op
    Fair. Not even remotely gonna argue. Just stating an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by PogoMarimo View Post
    Tank parks two tiles behind the chokepoint neck and moves back and forth about three tiles occasionally. Marines cannot move in front of it because it is a giant death machine. Xenos can't push out of the checkpoint on account of the giant death machine. So instead, there's is just kind of skirmishing at the checkpoint for twenty minutes by the tank and a few T3s until the Tank sustains too much damage or runs out of ammo. The supporting marines just kind of mill about while this occurs without anything to do.
    I've not played too many rounds as TC but I've not really seen this happen all that much not even as a marine. Either my gunner (since I'm usually the driver) picks weapons not great for this or the marines push past the choke and we just do nothing all round. There is also the chance that the enemy just fuck up the marines and we get screwed as well since despite how powerful the tank is THE TANK REQUIRES SUPPORT TO LIVE. Forgetting that rule means death for the TC at the hands of the xenos. Hell I one encountered a really robust lurker that fucked us up cause they were doing it right. Run in, hit the tank on it's side, move to it's side when it turns, pounce away when it forces you into it's firing arc. Rinse repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by PogoMarimo View Post
    The tank would make a lot more sense if the game were more focused around open ground movement.
    Yes. But sadly if the beach head of LV-624 tells me anything it's that one of two things would happen with such a map. Option one is that the xenos get wrecked. Option two (which is more likely) is that they have a pair of hivelords making so much thick resin for the tank to chew through it's just not fun. So yeah...
    Last edited by swumprat; 01-27-2020 at 07:14 PM.
    Hi I like crayons.
    My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tank is annoying to play with and is annoying to play against, one of the reasons why I play low pop is so I don't have to deal with it. Also Retarded TC's are the worst

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Old tank could solo hive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a reason, already stated, why the tank was nerfed. Also APCs are cool.

And just to remind those who don't know, the tank STARTED with the option to take the cannon.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tank used to be OP and nobody enjoyed playing except the TC
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tank SHOULD be there to break up shitty chokepoint sieges, but because the maps are designed to give xenos multiple 2 tile wide chokepoints that are unassailable by the tank, it doesn't really have a purpose besides shitting on xenos that push out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    look i play TC occasionally and after 1 round i usually get bored of playing it, sure it's fun for the first 30 minutes but then it becomes a cycle of, attack, defend, repair. defcon 2 is where the tank is somewhat "fun" but even then it gets boring. just remove the tank and keep the APC.
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Whitelisted Captain Total_Epicness's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tank isn't even comparable to current day IFVs. An M2A3 Bradley IFV is far more better than the longstreet. Tank would be considered a very weak IFV in my opinion

LTB tank makes the tank an ACTUAL death machine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welp after everyone just saying fuck the tank I guess I'll just move on with my life. Looking forward to the APC though. That way hopefully less people will complain at me and I can be full on support when I play VC.
    Hi I like crayons.
    My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler: