User Tag List

Thread: Stuns and Armour (Xenos)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stuns and Armour (Xenos)

As a lot of Xeno players and Marine players know Shotguns are pretty much a good way to get kills (or die from), which is perfectly fine. However one thing that has irked me a little was that on multiple occasions I have witnessed a Defender in Fortiy stance get stunned from a single Slug that then removes their defence and makes them an easy kill. (do note the defender was facing them) Which defeats the purpose of Fortify does it not? I have also seen a Fortified Defender walk up to cades and destroy a singel metal cade at FOB and able to back off with 25% HP left, Now if someone had slugs that defender would of not been able to do that at all, It goes to show that Defenders can serve as a slow moving battering ram than can take down a single cade before needing to back off. Anyway back on track instead of derailing.

Crushers serve as a Heavy Duty Battering Ram, able to take down walls but needing a run up, but they don't get stunned from a slug, it could be argued from a gameplay standpoint that they are basically a tank and also from a lore standpoint it is a chonky boi. But the Crusher has all it's armour on it's head and can be pretty squishy from the sides and rear, so what I wish to convey is what if Slug stuns were based off armour values, e.g Fortifying + Front armour = 150% stun resist, Fortify and Side armour 75% for Defenders and Front Armour for crusher is like 200%. Now the fun part is that those stun resistant numbers goes down the lower the armour value so a Defender with half armour in Fortify taking frontal damage = 60% stun resist.

I know people will disagree and that is fine, I haven't exactly made a well thought out and put together idea, and I am sure there are many flaws with my arguement, perhaps after I have slept and cleared my mind I will be able to debate better in the replies. I mostly wanted to put this post out there as I hate it when certain Xeno castes get labled as worthless or useless, when they clearly have potential.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Defenders are counters for burst fire weapons. They do fine against sentries, they to good against pule rifle and they are amazing when... Defending. That is their niche.

All those recent threads bind together around shotguns and they should be really put in one, instead of repeating the same thing each time. Defender is a T1. Amazing against Burst Fire weapons. Not amazing against anything else. It so happened, that buckshot was and still is long established meta. If marines wouldn't use it that much, then Defenders would be pretty OP. Slugs not working on T1's would be the worst idea in my opinion. What this ammunition have to offer other than breaking whatever beno was currently doing (boiler trying to gas) and chipping a bit of armor (that doesn't really matter, lack of armor won't kill a beno, or won't slow it down)?

Fortify could possibly be an excuse to this, but only added to a non-strained Defender, because moving during unstoppable fortify isn't fun (especially since I guess due to bug, defenders can slash cades during this state). It would help solve a problem of Defender strain being objectively better than non-strained version, because nobody likes being bolted to a floor.

And Crusher still isn't "Squishy" from the rear, or the sides.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But I was hoping that AP ammo would be used more often, possilby even Flechette. AFAIK, people mostly use AP on the L42A and req only has like 4AP mags each for other weapons at round start, I honestly just want a lot more viable playstyles and I want each caste to not be a niche.

Perhaps those threads about Shotguns should be in one thread, but what I should of named this thread instead was possible Defender/Armour possible reworks. (It was 7am and I hadn't slept) but since xenos are outnumbered I was hoping that armour be a little more important and destroying xeno armour also more important, 3 PB MOU53 Flechette destroys armour good, but people only use Flechette on the MOU53 cause buckshot don't work. What if more Marines used Flechette on the field in a normal shotty and it being Viable.

Maybe default Defender without steel crest should just remove Fortify, Steel crest is pure defender but default is slightly more combat so make the tail spin for default a bit more damaging it has spikes on it make it do some bleed, I just find it dumb how a fortified Defender still gets stunned for like 1-2 seconds from a single slug. Defenders shouldn't be in the frontline attacking hordes of marines, they should be in the mid lines protecting back liners and smacking around marines that slip through (the image I am seeing is LV-624 barrens)

True Crushers still have a lot of HP, what I meant was they are easier to kill when hit from rear and sides, should of put squishier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People prioritize AP ammo on every gun except shotgun AFAIK. At least, any Robusto does. I think the idea of Armour relating to stun duration is a solid idea on the surface, but it would throw too much of the existing balance out the window, specifically regarding defenders. Also, because Marines have no idea what an enemies armour is at (There really should be a visual indicator for at least below half armour), it means Marines are going to get wildly inconsistent stuns without knowing what parameters are at play. Inconsistent gameplay can be frustrating even if there are reasonable mechanics under the hood causing it.

It would make sense as part of a larger overhaul and balance change, but it could not just be done by itself.