User Tag List

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How CM's host is above his own rules.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How CM's host is above his own rules.

Hey everyone, so I plan on pretty much withdrawing completely from CM. Being around here or thinking about CM just gets me extremely stressed and anxious. While it probably shouldn't as things are behind me, it mostly stems from my rather sudden retirement from CM and the internal issues that surrounded it. I feel like I need to get all of this off my mind and before I leave, as then I'll have said all I could and everything else is out of my control. While this is a lot to fill a single post with, I'll do my best to make things as straightforward as possible. Before I start, let me just say everything is laid as it unfolded. While Jamie will probably say I'm just leaking PMs to cause drama or something, I've given him real warnings and attempts to talk to him about what happened, something he can not say about me. He should be able to own up to his own words given he stands by them in PMs.

So why did I actually retire so suddenly? Well I technically never retired as Vice Host because as my friend informed me, I woke up one morning to be asked why I was suddenly an Admin again. So the next thing I see is that Jamie has sent me a 3-paragraph message saying that I'm being demoted due to his lack of trust in me and failure to maintain a professional composure for Vice Host. While those debatably valid reasons, this was the first time Jamie has really spoken to me in about 3 months. While he said he, "wanted to talk to me but couldn't find the time to," in this message, this apparently is my problem to deal with and not his. I was completely blindsided by this issue without any prior attempts to communicate with me.

Now we're going to need to jump back in time for a second. Around the end of October, there was an issue with me and a manager that resulted in me and the Head Manager opting to remove them from their role. However, this was overruled by Jamie due to us not giving enough of a warning to them ahead of time. Now I'll be real, I argued that it shouldn't matter and they should clearly be aware that's a stupid thing to do, but Jamie wasn't gonna budge. He said the following to me:

And you know what? He was sorta right that night. I show this picture even though I don't agree with what I did say that night anymore. While I was quite aggravated and sorta just wanted to be done with the problems we were having, it didn't feel justified enough so we left that night at a warning. I did feel guilty for trying to put myself over others that night and try to just do what I wanted the outcome to be at the time. I did my best to not do the same to anyone else because I do my best to treat others the with the same level of respect I would like from them.

Now that was before me and Jamie had our major disagreements a few weeks later. So going back to the morning I woke up to see I'm being demoted out of the blue, I asked him where was my warning was these past months and he just simply said I was warned in the past, when I was promoted to Vice-Host a few months back.

He also said that since I was Vice-Host, he didn't have the authority to warn me anymore? This is obviously ridiculous considering not only did Jamie overrule me (and other heads) in the past, but he constantly refused to allow me to exercise Vice Host abilities like being able to assist and interact with the development of CM. But that's mostly aside from the point. Saying I was clearly never warned, he pulls some message from August 28th, 2019. The current date was January 5th, 2020, over 4 months later. Now was it really a warning? No, he was referring to an old message saying the following (note this is exact thing he sent me):

This is fair in meaning, basically he and the public needs trust in me, but yet if there is an issue why am I being told nothing about it? Note that when I was told this 4 months ago, there were no real issues at all. If there were, I'm unaware of what they could be. So then where, for the past 4 months, have been any warnings to me that things aren't working properly? Well apparently whatever I did was pretty serious as he compared my issue to deleting all server files and have the forums:

All of this is basically the a repeat of Jamie refusing to allow me to make sprites for the server, which the post I made regarding that can be read on the post I made a few months back. //showthrea...6657#post36657. So I tried to talk to him that morning but I honestly was done trying to argue with Jamie. I've been shown almost no respect from him between constantly ignoring almost everything I say and constantly blocking things he doesn't like regardless of what others think, to making up random double-standards to hold against me and constantly backtracking/making-up reasonings for everything he does.

While I could probably go on-and-on about this, I feel like anything beyond this point is just me ranting. I've talked to Jamie about how he blatantly disregarded his own rules to remove me and he doesn't care and refuses to admit any fault on the matter. At the same time, he pretends that everything he's done is completely justified by his own rules. He removed me to basically cover the fire burning his ass because he never talked to me or did anything a host should have done in this situation. On top of this, there was virtually no real discussion amongst any other heads regarding this thing prior to my removal, he just knee-jerked into removing me after people threatened him to basically remove me or else. While it's one thing to be the Host and make the final decision on things, Jamie simply does what he wants and pretends that he is fair and just in his reasonings. But hey, maybe I should have just known better.

So ya, there's the general story behind it. It's disappointing that I got removed from something I did care about, but at the same time, current CM just ain't the same thing I fell in love with. That doesn't mean it's worse, just different. The thing that plagues me the most is the fact Jamie did what he did, threw me under the bus, and tried to sweep all under the rug. While I do worry about the instability of the staff team right now, CM isn't dead, it's not gonna die tomorrow and I believe that things are gonna resolve themselves with time to come. A lot of people who are actually passionate are still working on CM and while I may not personally agree with some of their ways, I wish all of them the best of luck on keeping CM going for future gamers. Do I expect anything to really come from this? Probably nothing but a ripple in the pond, but I'm doing this for myself more than CM or my distaste towards how I was treated as Vice Host.

For all you normal players, you're the real unsung heroes of CM. Trust me when I say keep just playing the game, hanging out with friends, and enjoying the game for what it is. Too much of CM staff is plagued by personal rivalries and drama (like this exact post) and engaging in it all will likely destroy the very thing you love about CM, it happened to so many other CM staff members and somehow I thought I'd come out unscathed. I don't regret what happened though, I gave my best to help make CM what it is and I while I still wish I could just make things a bit better, just one more thing (ya know?), I'm proud of the work I did over the years. Perfect, no, but knowing I helped make a game some crazy people love to play makes me happy. Peace everyone, love CM and everyone in it, even the people who didn't like me or that drove me crazy, thank you for everything. People can still hit me up on Discord if you want to talk (Emerald Blood#5224) since a lot of you are still cool people. Make sure not to forget where we came from!

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to see a reply from jaime or other staff, maybe we should lock off non staff responses, in the interests of keeping things frosty and non toxic, but this is pretty big news and something that the community should be able to see the developements of.

regardless of what happened or how, I wish the best for you emerald, whatever you decide to do

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was here.

27/01/2020.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my what have I stumbled upon....
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a genuine post made from your own experience and viewpoints, and I do not believe you mean much harm by it, but by its very nature it is just going to stir drama we don’t need like the last one. I’m not going to delete it, nor hide it unless told to do otherwise, but I will be locking this thread to limit the drama that will inevitably follow.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reopened after discussion with other members of staff. Keep things civil in here please.

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first post after the re-opening.

:moyai:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I specifically made this a public topic so anyone could comment on it. If I wanted only staff to be able to comment on it, I'd just have made it a staff report.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I farted while reading this and my chair shook.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The locking of these thread, and other such type of actions concerns me, heavily.

Unless something is outright vitriolic or explicitly false, we should allow discussion on stuff. There is generally no smoke without fire, even if its only the smallest ember.

Even being locked pending a staff discussion makes me curl my lips with distaste.

Regarding the actual matter, its often that online communities try to maintain the facade of being fair, balanced and totally impartial but at the end of the day, its an online community, I'm not even remotely surprised by the cloaks and daggers stuff, it happens in real life in moderated enviroments, its certainly gonna happen here in excess. I do think its a shame that Emerald for removed with no warning, but I believe there is like two sides to this story.

I wish you all the best in your future endeavors Em.
    Last edited by solidfury7; 01-27-2020 at 01:42 PM.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler: