User Tag List

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: How CM's host is above his own rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know... this is pretty much a prime example of he said, she said moment in cases...

Post them pics for references, otherwise, we have no transparency in the matter. Otherwise we have no base reference, and without a base reference, that's what we call in the scientific community as an assumption and or speculation~
    I find that the person that talk the most is usually the one that doesn't see the reason for a guilty verdict

PS: I think I speak for the rest of everyone here in saying, we just eating popcorn and waiting for the person that this is whole thread is about to speak up~

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With all that said, I'm ready to be done with CM. Soldier and Grimcad are definitely trustworthy people and will do their best to keep CM moving forward in the right direction. I say what I say because things won't change because as it stands, shits fucked with Jamie being host and his refusal to realize this is the issue at hand. I have no ill-wishes for him and don't simply want him to be kicked out, but the things he does right now only hurts CM and he needs to realize that. Grimcad and the future 4th head (Make sure there is a new 4th head, otherwise you'll run into the same power-vacuum problem) are going to have the same issues at hand if Jamie doesn't realize he needs to step up to the task at hand or step down as host.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Von Fusegana View Post

You know... this is pretty much a prime example of he said, she said moment in cases...

Post them pics for references, otherwise, we have no transparency in the matter. Otherwise we have no base reference, and without a base reference, that's what we call in the scientific community as an assumption and or speculation~
    I find that the person that talk the most is usually the one that doesn't see the reason for a guilty verdict

PS: I think I speak for the rest of everyone here in saying, we just eating popcorn and waiting for the person that this is whole thread is about to speak up~
    Yeap

Us lowly and humble players should leave this to the Staff and CM Elites.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Idk personally every interaction I've had with Jamie or witnessed Jaime be involved in as been pretty good.
    He's a good boy I say.
    Idk what kind or how much work a host has to do exactly, but the servers still on, rounds still run and the game is playable, so, seems like things are being hosted alright to me.

Maybe y'alls standards and expectations are different, but Jamie's not wronged me personally, I ain't seen him do much to wrong anyone that I can remember (though I do have a bad memory) and the lights are still on at CM HQ. Beyond keeping those standards I don't see the need for Jamie to do much else, the rest of the staff team can have everything else delegated to them. I just need my host to keep the game in existence and not be a dick really. And Jaime checks those two boxes.
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forest2001 View Post
    This is a genuine post made from your own experience and viewpoints, and I do not believe you mean much harm by it, but by its very nature it is just going to stir drama we don’t need like the last one. I’m not going to delete it, nor hide it unless told to do otherwise, but I will be locking this thread to limit the drama that will inevitably follow.
    Just popping in to say this is a bad look, these kind of instincts is why CM had a certain reputation.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is some shit.

God damn.

I don't really got anything to comment than some of yall taking the moral high ground like you ain't got skeletons in your closet. You should probably just stay out of it as its a bit hypocritical but I will say nothing more than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahlzel where are you we miss you

please

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterClould View Post
    Idk personally every interaction I've had with Jamie or witnessed Jaime be involved in as been pretty good.
    He's a good boy I say.
    Idk what kind or how much work a host has to do exactly, but the servers still on, rounds still run and the game is playable, so, seems like things are being hosted alright to me.

Maybe y'alls standards and expectations are different, but Jamie's not wronged me personally, I ain't seen him do much to wrong anyone that I can remember (though I do have a bad memory) and the lights are still on at CM HQ. Beyond keeping those standards I don't see the need for Jamie to do much else, the rest of the staff team can have everything else delegated to them. I just need my host to keep the game in existence and not be a dick really. And Jaime checks those two boxes.
    This :man_wearing_turban: oint_up:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once the thread devolves and deviates over the next few weeks, THEN can it be shitposted in?

Also, rotating headstaff seems unnecessary, I feel like you could cut out a good third of the distinct cm mod staff positions and just further delegate and give more trust to some of the admins who have been admins for literal years to decrease workload. If someone is an admin but you can't trust them to not be retarded with some executive authority to decrease the headstaff workload then they probably shouldn't be an admin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, despite any staff actions I disagree with (start tossing out bans for pre-briefing Delta riots Jesus Christ... *ahem*) let me say that my hat is off to anyone who volunteers to be on staff of an SS13 server. My hat is off to the CM staff and to Emerald Blood. They volunteered for a job where 90% percent of their time is taken up with telling people they are wrong (if a dev, 90% of your time is taken up with dealing with people telling you that you are wrong). Most people don't like being told they are wrong (surprise!). That can develop into an unintended "us vs. them" mentality that can often become sharp over time.

Burnout is a thing. I've seen it in heads of other servers. It absolutely sucks that those who love the game enough to volunteer to make it better would get sucked into a hell where they want to ragequit and have nothing to do with the game anymore. They don't deserve that for all of the hours and stress they voluntarily gave. Emerald didn't deserve that.

I agree with the person who suggested that heads be elected. There should be elections for heads and term limits for all staff levels (even if you only require a modest break after being term-limited to be an admin/mod again, even if it is a month). Even mandatory vacations for staff would be a good idea. Get stripped of your powers for two weeks so you can enjoy the game again, or just go outside. Sure, set criteria for those who can qualify to be elected (be admin for X long to be eligible for admin manager, for example). Allow those who wish to seek those posts have a conversation with the community about their vision, allow those they would manage to provide feedback. Ultimately, however, ensure rotation.
    Those who volunteer should not risk flaming out and ruining for them the game they loved enough to take time to try to make better. Give them the opportunity, whether they want it or not, to be a player again. Allow them to decompress. As much as anyone disagrees with a staff member's performance, at the heart of it is a player who loved the game, and now they don't love it anymore because they served. That's a tragedy.
    Last edited by alexpkeaton; 01-28-2020 at 10:08 AM.