User Tag List

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: How CM's host is above his own rules.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rotating host is a pretty fucking quick way to getting your server hosted on some bum-den hosting provider with 0 protection from DDoS and new host having 0 idea on how to fix it or how to pay bills for said server.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omicega View Post
    Rahlzel where are you we miss you

please
    This, Rahlzel really was a golden age even if he had some issues.

It seems the server has only gone backwards when it comes to staff rather than forward and it's showing across the whole game now. Head staff that could barely clock in 5 hours a month, head staff that abuse their powers, devs that don't play the game, devs that abuse their power, a player base that holds differing values of fun compared to how devs and admins want the server to go, the constant pretending that we're a serious RP server when next to no one can agree on what RP is or even care nowadays, the constant slapping of anything that could be considered fun, the constant internal bickering.

It actually makes one want to not play on the server. Can we actually sort it out? Just make the boomer king and let him execute the staff he thinks is useless please. Heck why not fucking hang all of the shit you all have to air so we can get on with CM. After all, people want to blast beans.
    Last edited by Mann handle; 01-28-2020 at 11:53 AM.

Moderator & Synthetic Senator liltiptop's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had no idea there would be this much staff drama on this server.
    Nick 'Shards' Weller - Delta Marine
    Miles - Synth
    - SYNTH COUNCIL MAFIA GANG -

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Literally just one person causing drama.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imheretohelp View Post
    Like I said ill do it.

If a vigilante mod fucks up they get perma banned its part of the contract.
    That's my job.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mann handle View Post
    This, Rahlzel really was a golden age even if he had some issues.

It seems the server has only gone backwards when it comes to staff rather than forward and it's showing across the whole game now. Head staff that could barely clock in 5 hours a month, head staff that abuse their powers, devs that don't play the game, devs that abuse their power, a player base that holds differing values of fun compared to how devs and admins want the server to go, the constant pretending that we're a serious RP server when next to no one can agree on what RP is or even care nowadays, the constant slapping of anything that could be considered fun, the constant internal bickering.

It actually makes one want to not play on the server. Can we actually sort it out? Just make the boomer king and let him execute the staff he thinks is useless please. Heck why not fucking hang all of the shit you all have to air so we can get on with CM. After all, people want to blast beans.
    Just want to call you out for not knowing a thing about what you're saying.

All our heads and developers are active and we haven't had a single major issue come from any of them. People make bad judgement calls sometimes when running events but none of it has ever had a long lasting impact on our game. And if you think internal bickering is a bad thing you'll quickly learn that a team that doesn't argue internally will never make progress on hot topics and we'd be stuck in a status quo forever. Arguments are a driving power of maintaining a game and a community because it's the best way of getting over our differences and reaching common ground.

Our dev team spends hours and hours talking/arguing over our direction and the end result is the work we put through. It will never appeal to everyone in the community because that's impossible, and we'll never know the true impact of a change until it's been tried and tested live because our dev team is small. We don't have a dedicated testing team, and we don't have the means to fund one either. This is not an industry-made game, it's a hobby. And while we care very much about community feedback and happiness, it's still ultimately up to us to decide where we want to take things as a team.

If you want to quit the game over a bunch of baseless nostalgia then you should just do it. People won't change their minds just because you threaten to quit.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mann handle View Post

abuse their power
    I'll just say in the two years I've been here, there's been very few cases of staff using ingame power for an advantage or to bully people without their consent. Maybe a questionable aheal or two here. Most of the "Abuse" is just staff "meming" with friends. (Examples: A Developer giving a bunch of funny diseases to a player with their consent, senior mods/admins fucking around in thunderdome with other mods/players) I think the only worst instances were the spooky and chaz incident, and the whole incendiary mag thing.

Most "Abuse" is really not "Abuse" at all, but moreso errors in judgement (Player getting warning note in lieu of a ban, Whitelist player getting dinged for a WL violation in lieu of a staff bwoink when it was a rule break, etc...)

99.9% of the staff here are human and not robots. The main problem is our community is quick to cry "ADMINBUS" when our Senior Mods/Admins run an event and someone doesn't like it or it's poorly planned they act like babies and cry in a report "REMOVE HE" or a staff member does something they do not like and cry in a report "REMOVE HE"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexpkeaton View Post
    Snip
    I agree with ban being placed to people starting riots pre-briefing, accordingly to number of MPs. I just don't think it's fair to 3 MPs having to deal with with a horde of 30 delta marines storming brig because one marine cannot handle a 5 minute charge, which is ridiculous to say at least.

I'll post my point of view as i am here for almost 6 months, Staff is a volunteered position. If you're seeking fun as staff member, you'll retire within the first 2 months.

Now why do i say that? It's a hassle to deal with people, on videogames and on real life, i was a manager RL inside of a company. People CANNOT take criticism and cannot take it that they are guilty and they done something wrong.

You're proof of that Alex, in one round i had to PM you 10 times at least because people kept complaining about arrest procedures or unlawful charges, and the reason why staff is saw with bad eyes it's because mostly, we are banning people even if they are having fun, but they are breaking the rules.

We are seen as the NO FUN police, i have a galery of images of people telling me that i am corrupt, abusive, tyrant while enforcing the rules. Most of the staff reports that i recieve is people claiming that i am failing to preserve the Roleplay of the server when people forget that we, moderators and Senior Moderators, do not have the priviledge of the Rule 0. (Exception when Smods making a minor event.)

Me at least keep finding less fun to actually play the server and when you see me playing, it's once per week. Mainly because i grew paranoid, mainly with griefing where to the point every single time i detect a VPN and a new account, i cannot play anymore, i aghost and have to watch and deal with it.

Most of you are familiar with the guy griefing us for the past month with grenades and on first day that started, before we aquired new tools, i remember being on the server for 10 hours straight, looking VVs, checking account datas, and banning accordingly. I became exausted at the end of the day to the point i wouldn't want to touch CM to play. However, i must thank him, it forced us to develop new tools, new features to assist us in preventing Griefing.

I recieved DM's of people complaining about me when i play CMP/PO because i stay aghosted mostly of the time, because apparantly, i was wasting a slot, when actually, i was dealing with staff issues and rule breaks.

The main reason why i remain as staff, it's because i sacrificed my fun on CM to guarantee everyone else to have fun, equally.

This is why some times i share my acomplishments on Runescape on Dchat or interact with people on Dchat about Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker for PSP, because i no longer play, or rarely play and my moments of fun are on Thunderdome creating weapons with Ridiculous Variables like Auto9 with 300 rounds and 50 rnd burst.

This is solely my opinion and does not represent other staff's opinions nor staff as a whole.
    Last edited by Hunk1; 01-28-2020 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Typos
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    I agree with ban being placed to people starting riots pre-briefing, accordingly to number of MPs. I just don't think it's fair to 3 MPs having to deal with with a horde of 30 delta marines storming brig because one marine cannot handle a 5 minute charge, which is ridiculous to say at least.

I'll post my point of view as i am here for almost 6 months, Staff is a volunteered position. If you're seeking fun as staff member, you'll retire within the first 2 months.

Now why do i say that? It's a hassle to deal with people, on videogames and on real life, i am was a manager RL inside of a company. People CANNOT take criticism and cannot take it that they are guilty and they done something wrong.

You're proof of that Alex, in one round i had to PM you 10 times at least because people kept complaining about arrest procedures or unlawful charges, and the reason why staff is saw with bad eyes it's because mostly, we are banning people even if they are having fun, but they are breaking the rules.

We are seen as the NO FUN police, i have a galery of images of people telling me that i am corrupt, abusive, tyrant while enforcing the rules. Most of the staff reports that i recieve is people claiming that i am failing to preserve the Roleplay of the server when people forget that we, moderators and Senior Moderators, do not have the priviledge of the Rule 0. (Exception when Smods making a minor event.)

Me at least keep finding less fun to actually play the server and when you see me playing, it's once per week. Mainly because i grew paranoid, mainly with griefing where to the point every single time i detect a VPN and a new account, i cannot play anymore, i aghost and have to watch and deal with it.

Most of you are familiar with the guy griefing us for the past month with grenades and on first day that started, before we aquired new tools, i remember being on the server for 10 hours straight, looking VVs, checking account datas, and banning accordingly. I became exausted at the end of the day to the point i wouldn't want to touch CM to play. However, i must thank him, it forced us to develop new tools, new features to assist us in preventing Griefing.

I recieved DM's of people complaining about me when i play CMP/PO because i stay aghosted mostly of the time, because apparantly, i was wasting a slot, when actually, i was dealing with staff issues and rule breaks.

The main reason why i remain as staff, it's because i sacrificed my fun on CM to guarantee everyone else to have fun, equally.

This is why some times i share my acomplishments on Runescape on Dchat or interact with people on Dchat about Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker for PSP, because i no longer play, or rarely play and my moments of fun are on Thunderdome creating weapons with Ridiculous Variables like Auto9 with 300 rounds and 50 rnd burst.

This is solely my opinion and does not represent other staff's opinions nor staff as a whole.
    I don’t forgive you for what you did

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    yet another snip
    Don't blame them, they have no idea how the staff operates as normal players. You are doing a great job, thank you.