User Tag List

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: How CM's host is above his own rules.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    We live in a society where heads don't have to play the game for 4 months straight and clock less than 4 hours, but a mod gets booted if they get 25 hours instead of 27
    28 actually.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is delicious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear Amaxin,

You have received an infraction at CM-SS13 - Forum.

Reason: Excessively Inappriate/Bigoted Language
    -------
    Please do not post things like this in the future, especially in general discussion.

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah some staff are going way over the top on forum moderation, might be worth having a call out thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm with emerald here but lets see what jamie says, locking the thread does kinda concern me tho

edit: jesssssssssssssssssssssssussssssss christ this is a 3d spessman game
    Last edited by AlbertBlackwell; 01-27-2020 at 06:21 PM.
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Blood View Post
    Maybe it could work. I'd have actually considered doing it but given that most of the current staff is in their own clique, I doubt they'd willing want to make it harder to get their way.
    While TGStation isn't perfect, the heads being elected instead of just arbitrarily chosen does help with the burnout, and it does make cliques develop slower and make it easier to break them up.
    And that's kind of the point of you doing it, if you are in a superior position to the cliques, you can just give that person authority that overrides the majority of people in those cliques and let them take care of business.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can i be the vigilante mod
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am actually a firm believer that non-dev staff managers and heads should rotate to prevent burnout and/or give someone a chance from the admin team.

Let's be real emerald, as a person I like you. I don't have any issues with you, but everyone keeps asking me "Did you quit and come back because of Emeraldblood." The answer short answer is no. The long answer besides a plethora of other issues is a small part of you is the reason I gave up being a manager.

Yes we butted heads sometimes, but what irked me is I would make some manager based decisions, and usually grimcad would A. Support it or B. Not be bothered by it. Then when I did it, you would come and say "HEY NO WAIT YOU CANT DO THIS" or
    "@Thesoldier hey why did you do this"

I felt sometimes my hands were tied as a manager, when you and I would discuss things on discord most of the time you would just stop the discussion and I would brush it off and just ignore you or we moved on to the next subject. Sometimes I just kept doing it and you A. Forgot, or B. Assumed I stopped doing what you disapproved of.

The problem is with the whole Vice Host thing you were pretty much in charge of everything (Permabans, Whitelists, Rule Clarifications) when technically I believe the intent of the Vicehost posistion was to be the main community person to do townhalls and be more of the face as Jamie is more of the Tech guy. The main issue is I don't have a problem if someone wants to be like Feweh and/or Apop and do EVERYTHING. The problem is when you want to do everything you have to be pretty much around 24/7, and play the game. The hypocrisy as a manager I faced was having to fire mods for inactivity, yet we had another manager, and multiple heads who logged less than 15 hours in the game in a FOUR MONTH PERIOD. I outright refused to fire any moderator for only getting 20 hours a month, and worked with people. When I called management/heads out about this Jamie's response was basically "Its ok if you dont play the game, just be active on discord." It took months before I finally convinced you to let me help Lordington with unbans, and when I finally became the admin manager, I solved the issue within a week.

Problem is if you don't play the game, how can you know what decisions work for rule enforcement and roleplay/gameplay mechanics on the server.
    Indecision or very bad decisions is what cause the staff to get angry. They are a passionate bunch and love the game/community.

I'll be blunt, you did great work, but when you lose passion to play the game, that means its time to retire.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 01-27-2020 at 06:41 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting my ol splatoon out, packing a fat hog, and saying yee yee to this thread.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, I think Soldier has put it as nice as it can be.

Can we move this to acid goop
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem