User Tag List

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: How CM's host is above his own rules.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampmare View Post
    Well, I think Soldier has put it as nice as it can be.

Can we move this to acid goop
    I COULD DO ALOT WORSE
    :rage:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never a dull fucking day in CM

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    I COULD DO ALOT WORSE
    :rage:
    you are a declawed baby who had no reason to come back

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy Retard View Post
    you are a declawed baby who had no reason to come back
    blame acutecircle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    blame acutecircle
    how are you getting egirled at like 40 years of age
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattAtlas View Post
    how are you getting egirled at like 40 years of age
    My dearest egirl i kneel before you to represent that i will always be a loyal and honoring simp. If you would be gracious enough to kiss me on the cheek, i vow to spend thy rest of my days as an obedient protector of your replies.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hoooly fucking shit this got interesting real fast

I can't wait for the end of the series when the BBEJ replies for the final battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    holy shit can we please delete this fucking game already
    I play Sarah Powers and Francis Larsen.

CM History
    Spoiler Spoiler:

this game needs to end now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freemysoul View Post
    You can't but I can.

Myself: Crashing the server by detonating a 250/250/1000 bomb on Ice Colony, I still stand by my decision.
    I did that just a few weeks ago on accident, luckily not in the middle of a round ������������
    Favorite apop moment is nuking marines who defeated his pred character with abombs though, way better than the miniguns

Anyway, saying that Jamie does nothing straight up isn't true though. I've seen him do server maintenance and firewall voodoo quite often in dev channels.

edit: forum mods gimme my dev tag back
    Last edited by Ranged66; 01-27-2020 at 07:58 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    The locking of these thread, and other such type of actions concerns me, heavily.

Unless something is outright vitriolic or explicitly false, we should allow discussion on stuff. There is generally no smoke without fire, even if its only the smallest ember.

Even being locked pending a staff discussion makes me curl my lips with distaste.
    Speaking solely for myself here, the fact it was initially closed under the concern of ensuing drama is completely reasonable. And that concern is compounded by the vitriol and somewhat lacking constructive conversation in this thread thus far. However, the fact it was reopened and is still open is a pretty strong testament to the fact we are willing to have these sorts of discussions. So unless Grimcad or Jamie decide otherwise at their own discretion, or unless this descends into utter chaos or misbehavior, this thread will stay open.

What that doesn't mean is that you can break forum rules or behave in a manner not befitting of a community member. So if you're shitposting or being toxic, don't be surprised if your post gets moderated. The post stays up on the good faith that you guys will discuss your criticisms, comments, or concerns in an appropriate manner. And this doesn't mean you can't criticize Jamie, or criticize staff, or what have you - if you have an opinion, you have an opinion - but if you post dumb copypastas, if you call x a fag or y a useless piece of shit, or whatever, then don't be surprised when staff take action.

PS: Vigilante mods sound exceptionally dumb, and rotating managers has its own set of disadvantages, namely in the logistics and consistency area of things. The fact of the matter is that this isn't a job, and while there are incentives, they're not great; you're bound to have people burn out and want to spend their time in other ways. I don't think it's an issue that people burn out, either. There'll always be multiple replacements available who can pick the mantle up. All it requires is active participation on the part of headstaff in checking themselves and making sure the job actually gets done. I can't speak for any other period of time beyond the one I'm in, but currently I'm pretty confident we do a good job about that.

PPS: When I mention Jamie or Grimcad, it is solely referencing their authority to make decisions on this over me. I have no knowledge of any responses, decisions, or other plans for this thread.
    Last edited by scsnv; 01-27-2020 at 08:25 PM.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.